Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Guild application` (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=6073)

GeorgeKen 07-09-2012 04:23 AM

Guild application`

A good idea would be to implement a button in the main page of every guild where players can apply to the guild, writing a small description of why they would like to join the guild.

That should be viewable by the leader AND the officers, as there are many guilds who recruit people after the leading members (leader and officers) or some of them have discussed and agreed to recruit a person.

iTZKooPA 07-09-2012 08:58 AM

This would help take the pain out of constantly recruiting. Basically an in-game board for recruiting. Moderation would be needed though. I'd also add that the posts should automatically expire and be deleted after two weeks or so.

spiny norman 07-09-2012 10:12 AM

It would be helpful if a guild could click a box for "not accepting guild applications", much as a player can click on a box in soccerstar if they don't want recruiting emails.

perhaps a soccerstar-style system would work, where guilds could post minimum requirements and/or classes that they are looking for, eg, mage level 150 or greater, warrior 160 or greater.

iTZKooPA 07-09-2012 01:48 PM

I was thinking the same thing after seeing the OP's original suggestions. The more its automatic the more it'll be used. On the flip side, the more challenging it is to code. The autoguild from Bloodmoon is still a work in progress.

spiny norman 07-09-2012 03:38 PM

here all they would have to do is modify the code from soccerstar.

Jengas 07-09-2012 04:06 PM

Very true. Currently soccerstar allows club captain and honoraries (Soccerstar's guild leader and officers) to post "advertisements" for members at a certain skill point value or greater. We can simply sub skill points for levels, and whoever qualifies can enter the guild without invitation. It's not exactly what Georgeken was suggesting, but it's an easier step in that direction.

Darstard 07-09-2012 04:24 PM

I'm rather fond of our current process though. Using interviews, word of mouth and player references, we've been able to maintain a pretty happy home with a decent amount of chatter in the guild hall. If any player who makes #'s can get themselves in, that removes all capacity for the guild leaders to make an informed decision about who comes through the door. There are times when this functionality would be great though, so as long as traditional methods of inviting exist, I'll be quite happy to support the addition of a system such as this.

BMWGuinness 07-09-2012 07:42 PM

perhaps add an auction house ... player for hire

DeadMeat 07-10-2012 05:10 PM

An Auction house is an interesting idea. Since you cannot give players gold/mushrooms/items in game it could be a draft pick like in sport. Guilds take turns picking new members etc.

bobo baggins 07-10-2012 05:23 PM

I like the idea of a auction house/mercenary house where if someone is looking for a guild just clicks a button and their name goes on a list similar to the HoF by order of level. Then when you need to find a new member you can go to the list click on players you are interested in and it sends them a mail says so and so is insterested in having you join guild x and this way both sides get to pick who they want.