Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   New Patch? Need more info (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=6225)

Jengas 08-30-2012 12:47 PM

New Patch? Need more info

I noticed that the guild page now opens up with the COA. Also, the option menu allows you to compare stats on items in the shop with the one you have on currently (with nice green plus and red minus numbers). Anything else in this new unnanounced "Patch" that we need to know about?

Bullbound 08-30-2012 01:03 PM

You missed the fact that the shop now no longer highlights the slot that an item goes to. Personally, I find the latest patch to be mostly useless.

Jengas 08-30-2012 01:13 PM

It's what I was afraid of. Just checking to make sure I'm not missing anything else about this.

Sersemina 08-30-2012 01:22 PM

I found the changes in another forum:
  • The coat of arms is set as default view if the guild bonuses are maximized
  • Mail bug showing wrong letters fixed
  • The new "compare items" feature (have to turn it on from the options first)
  • The toilet is supposed to glow after you drop an item inside (according to google translator), but I can't see that yet

What's more important, this is just a small part of the updates. There will be more changes soon, but the exact date is still unknown.

bobo baggins 08-30-2012 01:32 PM

Well I hope it is new playable content as I have seen nothing I can use normal and epic items are easy to compare as for weapons I can tell by looking at it if to close to call I either don't buy it or use a different compare tool that I can't think of the name atm but is mentioned in the forum.

Lord Arse 08-30-2012 01:37 PM

^ commas and full stops are our friends.

Pretty useless update so far. Hopefully, something good will follow.

Heck, what do I care anyway. Dropping all my armour as soon as I get to 300.

spiny norman 08-30-2012 04:08 PM

it seems to handle all attributes vs. top three epic comparisons particularly poorly. This is what I see:

Armor 510 +97
All attributes 212 +1060
Int - -250
Con - -250
Luck - -250

So to figure out what it is really doing to my top 3, which is what I really care about, I need to take 1060 and divide by 5 (212) and then compare to 250, which is much easier if it just lists "+212 to all" and "+250 to int/con/luck." Which is what you get if you turn it off.

Why not just list each attribute separately:

Armor 510 +97
Str 212 +212
Dex 212 +212
Int 212 -38
Con 212 -38
Luck 212 -38

jabroni 08-30-2012 06:44 PM

What genius decided to spend time and money on this change over other requests from the community. This company must hate money because they are throwing it away by not adding content...

mallen 08-30-2012 07:01 PM

Completely agree, Jab.
Hope the Devs didn't have any sleepless nights dreaming up this garbage.
COA showing up? ANNOYING!!!!!
Compare items? Useless, and more time consuming than doing it myself!

Apparently, they have nothing useful coming, or they wouldn't have wasted their time, and ours, on this junk

Jengas 08-30-2012 08:48 PM

Eh...for what it's worth, I was the one who suggested the COA be the default view, and I don't mind it since I rarely care for the guild upgrade numbers. With a maxed out guild, I know what these values are anyway. They change once every 2-3 months in our guild so they only serve minimal purpose here.

I just didn't see the point of having guild COA's if I don't see the one our guild designed. The whole point of allowing guild members to design and display their work is moot if they see some boring upgrade icons as the default. Plus, the amount of work needed to implement such a feature I assumed was minimal. And we all know how Playa doesn't want to work on major reconstructive projects. So I felt these were all valid reasons to suggest this as a possible feature, so I asked about it.

Granted, I didn't really intend for COA's to be a significant feature of a patch, but rather a minor addition to a big content patch. If what I've seen so far is all there is to this patch, and if one of these patch features (item value comparison) is actually more useless than not, then I do agree that it's rather a disappointing release.