Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Accolades & Critics (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   le me ranting about the tower (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=6770)

Thaenor 01-07-2013 04:49 PM

le me ranting about the tower

The tower is pretty and all, and I think it brings some freshness to the game.

The reason I decided to post this was to make sure other people agreed with me or to ear the opinions of those who don't.

I say if you are a player aiming for the top spot on the Hall of Fame or to do your best in contribution for the guild. The tower will just provide a waste of time and money. The rewards received from the tower hardly seem fitting for a player your level.

I may be wrong because I already had strong characters and I only rushed through the first easy levels of the tower, perhaps that is why I haven't earned any interesting item. But even if I ever do I doubt it may be worth it all the trouble and wasted money, buying gear for the companions and to level them up.

Regardless of my opinion about the tower I still find it interesting and new. And I'd like to say Kudos to the team for putting together this preciousness to the game.

Gynx 01-10-2013 05:43 PM

There are a couple problems with the tower

1-If you arent a warrior, your warrior in your group doesnt ever get a shield
2-You cant ever get weapons/armour for your own class

That said, its another simple/fun waste of time and the devs did a pretty good job when designing and implementing it.

bobo baggins 01-10-2013 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gynx (Post 48382)

That said, its another simple/fun waste of time and the devs did a pretty good job when designing and implementing it.

1-Even if you are a warrior you can't get a shield for your warrior as they said when it was announced.

2-If you think about it getting gear for your own class is the easiest but most expensive they can get you old gear and you can buy equipment in the shop for him.

fullpowerahead 01-14-2013 01:53 AM

I think the tower adds a good reward to players. The scrapbook provides xp, the tower provides gold. And if you are lucky you might even get a new epic you can use (talking about the +all stat ones on ring/neck/something).

So.. more gold - rare change of an epic - extra stuff to do! what is there not to like?
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gynx (Post 48382)

That follower warrior is damn powerful though (a bit OP if you ask me). On all 4 servers i play he drops bombs like no tomorrow (equally geared to the other classes).

Skydance 05-20-2013 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobo baggins (Post 48383)
1-Even if you are a warrior you can't get a shield for your warrior as they said when it was announced.

I checked the announcement forum, and I couldn't find anything related to non-warriors getting a shield for their warrior follower.

A warrior player can easily equip his follower with a shield, just by handing the follower the shield he is currently using. Am I wrong about that?

A mage or archer player can't get a shield from the shop, and can't get one from the toilet -- the ONLY way for a non-warrior to get a shield for his follower is to hope for a random shield drop in the Tower itself. I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.

I'm not worried about it myself, but it seemed like you didn't understand what the original poster was saying.

bobo baggins 05-20-2013 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydance (Post 49141)
I checked the announcement forum, and I couldn't find anything related to non-warriors getting a shield for their warrior follower.

A warrior player can easily equip his follower with a shield, just by handing the follower the shield he is currently using. Am I wrong about that?

A mage or archer player can't get a shield from the shop, and can't get one from the toilet -- the ONLY way for a non-warrior to get a shield for his follower is to hope for a random shield drop in the Tower itself. I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.

I'm not worried about it myself, but it seemed like you didn't understand what the original poster was saying.

I know it is there somewhere most likely in the discussion thread but as I play all 3 classes over the different servers I know for a fact no class can get a shield for there warrior companion which makes if fair for those people who play non-warriors. If you notice the red line thru the box where the shield would go that means it is an un-used box hence no shield.

So to be sure there is no misunderstanding what I just wrote if you are a mage, scout or warrior your warrior companion will never have a shield no way no how just not possible.

Jovansa 06-18-2013 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydance (Post 49141)
I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.

This might be a bit offtopic, but how do you have a companion on lvl 35?
Tower is unlocked after 9th dungeon, right?

iTZKooPA 06-18-2013 06:55 PM

I believe Skydance was saying level 35 of the Enchanted Tower, not the character's level.

Jovansa 06-19-2013 12:57 AM

Hahah, my mistake