Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard

Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard (http://forum.sfgame.us/index.php)
-   Archive Game & Support (http://forum.sfgame.us/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Dungeon and arena (http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=6204)

RipClaw 08-22-2012 10:05 PM

Dungeon and arena

This has been bugging me for a while and I wanted to know why is it, if I go to the dungeon or arena I do not get the first hit in? In my opinion, I am the one starting a fight in the arena so why is my opponent getting the first hit? Even in the dungeon, this really pisses me off, they get the first hit. What is even worst is when I just needed ONE MORE HIT! Is there a reason why this is happening?:wall:

DeadMeat 08-23-2012 01:18 AM

Bad luck on your part unfortunately. The person who strikes first is random.

It is discussed in more detail here

RipClaw 08-23-2012 07:01 AM

I really would think that something so small should not be an issue for a programmer to do. But than again I am not a programmer, so I would not know. Thank you for the link to the other thread, I do agree that saying it is random is crap. Is there a way to fix it?!

spiny norman 08-23-2012 08:28 AM

If you look at the text in the arena, at least some of the time it says something like "you enter the arena and discover [insert name here] charging at you".

Clearly, the game designers want it the way it is. Just another of the random factors that affect battles.

RipClaw 08-25-2012 08:16 AM

Do not agree with that. I know I might be wasting my time on this, but at least I will put my opinion down.
Since no one expects an attack, the attacker should be first to hit. Same goes for dungeon. I go to the dungeon to attack the beast, so I am the starting things.

iTZKooPA 08-25-2012 03:03 PM

You're argument holds a bit more water for PvP than for dungeons. You're entering the monster's domain, whose to say there isn't an alarm!

BMWGuinness 08-25-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iTZKooPA (Post 45991)
You're argument holds a bit more water for PvP than for dungeons. You're entering the monster's domain, whose to say there isn't an alarm!

Scouts have +1 Trap Disarm and +1 Sneak

AHA!

RipClaw 08-25-2012 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMWGuinness (Post 45992)
Scouts have +1 Trap Disarm and +1 Sneak

AHA!

Did not know that!! But none the less, WHAT HE SAID!!
We can always go back and forth debating who should go first. Here is the point, I click on the button to attack the dungeon. Nuff said! Why am I the one getting hit first. The creature did not come out of the dungeon and attack the city/town/castle. Which I would be defending than, as would any other character.
Hopefully I am getting my point across.

BMWGuinness 08-26-2012 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RipClaw (Post 45995)
Did not know that!! But none the less, WHAT HE SAID!!
We can always go back and forth debating who should go first. Here is the point, I click on the button to attack the dungeon. Nuff said! Why am I the one getting hit first. The creature did not come out of the dungeon and attack the city/town/castle. Which I would be defending than, as would any other character.
Hopefully I am getting my point across.

Its Random - [close thread]

spiny norman 08-26-2012 05:12 PM

Quote:

I click on the button to attack the dungeon. Nuff said! Why am I the one getting hit first.
you clicked the button to attack the dungeon, but he saw you coming and ambushed you as you came in. ;)