View Single Post
Old 03-27-2014, 07:30 AM
Sheep

Hrm. Why one just for S10, though? That sounds like it would multiply the differences between "huge, super-established server where people complain about how it's impossible to change anything" and "tiny but dynamic server where people complain about how quiet it is". In the magical fantasy world of my original post, the intended effect was actually the opposite one: older, bored players, inspired by my dramatic and stirring call to action, would start putting less energy into S1-S4 and more into S9, and then S9 would develop stiffer competition and S1-S4 would become more dynamic and we would all live happily ever after... at some point singing angels and rainbows would most likely be involved, I hadn't quite worked out all the details...

Maybe if they grouped 1-3-5-7-9 and 2-4-6-8-10, or 1-3-5 and 2-4-6 and 7-8-9-10, and then new arrivals to www.sfgame.us got randomly thrown into one of them rather than always to the newest server, that could balance things out more... ? But I feel like I read a post somewhere in which this server-grouping idea was officially squashed, though? Or did I make that up?