Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 06:25 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default US server 2

Is there a problem with the US server 2...when i try play/login all im getting is a black screen????
Old 07-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Yahoo to Beanhead III

Reboot your computer, if not, make sure there is the latest Flash player, etc. installed. Opens fine on this end and can get to S2 no problems.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:56 PM
Blacksmith

no need to reboot your computer, just reload the web page. The black screen happens all the time for me. Just keep reloading the site until you get the page back again.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Supreme Adventurer

I've had that happen once in a while. I find that doing a hard refresh and then waiting a little bit helps it to load.
Old 07-29-2010, 09:45 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Clearing the cache (CTRL+F5 on most browsers) often does the trick.
Old 07-30-2010, 02:06 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Having same "black screen" problem

Hey all,

Haven't been able to try the game because when I try to load the page, all I get is a black screen. The page says that it's finished loading, but nothing ever comes up. I've cleared my cache, sfgame cookies, upgraded the flash player, and tried it with Safari and Firefox. Other flash material plays fine with both browsers. Suggestions?
Old 07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Adventurer

Faster Internet. Refresh the page and wait.

Also, this site has been reported (finally) to a couple of filtering websites that may lock it down if you are underneath a content filter.

Refreshing the black screen and waiting an additional 10 seconds usually does the trick for me, unless my Internet connection has slowed to a snail's pace. If you can open google in 1 second, then try refreshing the page. If that doesn't work, the solution is outside the realm of my personal experience (incidentally, so is the problem).
Old 08-03-2010, 08:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Black screen of infinity... RESOLVED!

Well, it took a bit, but I finally got the 'black screen of death' to go away. Turns out it was a permissions problem with the directory that holds the Flash content. It took me a bit to find because the Flash player still apparently stores this information in a 'Macromedia' folder (the company that owned Flash before Adobe).

Anyway, I'm on a Macintosh and there are Macromedia folders located in both the Preferences folder and the Application Support folder of the user directory. Setting the permissions of these folders to support writing (and copying those permissions to enclosed folders) made everything copacetic (and yes, that is the word of the day).
Old 08-24-2010, 07:48 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Not to revive a dead thread but i'm having this issue now and think i know the problem, just not the answer.

I think that it's being locked down by a content filter. Is there a separate URL for the flash content? Something with playa in the url? Because my filter is accepting the s1.sfgame.us but looks like it's denying a second URL?

Helps!
Old 08-24-2010, 08:26 AM
Supreme Adventurer

As far as I can tell, the images come from the same sources. The info just comes from different databases. The only change in the "Loading from" urls that flash across the bottom of my screen is "s1" for server 1 and "s2" for server 2. The urls are all exactly the same, otherwise.