Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Like iTZKooPA said, the German server is "usually the only server that is different," with the bold format being me. This "usually" is significant because the US was the only set of servers that had the 24/7 skip function and the other servers did not have the option at all, for a while. Then, they got the 1 hour skip time period and were ecstatic.

As Darstard pointed out, there are multiple time zones in the US, so that does indeed make things worse for all. That is also the main selling point for either bringing it back or at the least, expanding the time period to cover all four time periods that the US is in, from Hawaii and Alaska to Rhode Island and Florida.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:03 AM
Truffle Shuffler

As a player in many servers on different countries i have to say:
First of all this is a global change, not only to US servers.
Also to comment:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
Yes. I think it's a cultural/timezone oversight. However, most companies do not enjoy (and rarely do) run multiple distinct versions of their games. It causes many headaches.

Playa is still weighing the possibilities.
True, having different versions of same games caused "headaches". Having 1 game version makes things simple.
So if by this change, we have faster updates (at the exact time with German servers) or fewer problems (servers being down) thats a big +.

Quote:
Originally Posted by novacrash View Post
Just my 2 cents as a software programmer.

We had same version with different settings... Put the settings like it was!

If I'm wrong and the version was indeed different and they want only one version across all server. They can simply add settings to allow what we ask for, leaving other server with their original settings! One version, multiple settings!

This can't be a complex thing to do and they'll make more money!
That will help, but so far it has been "all for nothing" meaning there never was a "middle solution".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
This "usually" is significant because the US was the only set of servers that had the 24/7 skip function and the other servers did not have the option at all, for a while. Then, they got the 1 hour skip time period and were ecstatic.
Not 100% accurate. True many servers (mostly German) did not have a SKIP option, and by implanting the happy hour "they were ecstatic"
But many servers had the skip button from start (like US). Examples are Greek servers. So taking away that skip button makes the users "ecstatic", but in a bad way.

To make a conclusion: After speaking with many players I am getting a general idea like that:
We had the skip button from start (Like US servers) so we chose to play this game, buy mushrooms, give our time and effort etc. So by removing that skip button makes the game a different product (for the players that used the skip button that is).
True, you can wait until 11 to do some quests, but players want to play when they want to play and not when they have to play. Since there was an option to skip quests with 1 mushroom everyone was happy (playa got a little extra cash since you need 30-50 extra mushrooms to skip quests for 3 bars, and players were happy because they could do their quest when they wanted).

I don't want to say this is a major change and many many players will quit the game. This option affects the people who skipped quest reqularly. I also do 3 bars but I don't skip (due to work PC is always on). Speaking with people around the globe, a 10-20% of mushroom buyers are thinking to quit the game and a smaller percentage is actually thinking not to quit but to start "cheating" (you udnerstand my point)

For me, I can live with that as long as i get the same updates with german servers at the same time.
The Following User Says Thank You to mxkrtg For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (10-07-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 04:34 PM
Stable Boy

I will absolutely NOT make any further real money purchases in this game if the 'SKIP' feature is not restore.

For me this is the primary benefit of a real money purchase and it sounds like it's being taken away. I've purchased the 100$ package over and over again in the past year. If you are taking away the game mechanic I like, then I'm taking away your 100-200$ I've given you every time there is a sale.
The Following User Says Thank You to Abbi For This Useful Post:
Sam (10-07-2011)
Old 10-06-2011, 05:31 PM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbi View Post
I will absolutely NOT make any further real money purchases in this game if the 'SKIP' feature is not restore.

For me this is the primary benefit of a real money purchase and it sounds like it's being taken away. I've purchased the 100$ package over and over again in the past year. If you are taking away the game mechanic I like, then I'm taking away your 100-200$ I've given you every time there is a sale.

Same here. One of the major points that I enjoyed about the game was that I could be competitive with the fairly small amount of time that I have available.

Seems like all this will do is reduce the money that people will spend on shrooms and increase the usage of bots.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Sheep

yea im done buying mushrooms aswell even if they do listen to the customers and restore it like it was the fact that it took them that long to do it just says they dont care to listen to the paying customers and clearly not worth their time till they started losing money
Old 10-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Just to express my feelings about this in case the operators are actually listening (reading?), this change essentially cripples me from being competitive in the game. I do not have the capability to play the game all day at work, nor can I stay up until 2 a.m. local time to participate in "Happy Hour". In the past I think I have averaged 25$ or more a month in purchases, however, at the new rate of consumption I will not need to purchase any more mushrooms until 2014.

Might want to reexamine your profit margin gentlemen.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malthus For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (10-07-2011)
Old 10-09-2011, 12:46 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Can we please get an Offical "Yes" or "No" please? Why is this an issue now? Maybe i missed it, but before Oktoberfest, i didnt read anything about taking the skip ability away. I dont read the forums as much as i'd like, so i may have missed it. I read this post: http://forum.sfgame.us/showthread.php?t=4551 And in this post Leander tells us "During Oktoberfest, the Happy Hour (spend one mushroom to immediately finish a quest) is disabled." Why were we not told it would not be returned? Why were we not told anything? If there has been a previous post from an Offical discussing this, i'd like to read it.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:53 PM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

The change is about pandering to the people who don't purchase mushrooms. This will strengthen the community.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM

i have been both a non shroomer and a shroomer they both have a place here but the shroomers pay the bils and if they want to spend there shrooms to skip quests they should be able to. to give a estimate on how many more shrooms would be used person person that skipped all quest timers be 10 shrooms for quests plus if average time per quest was 5 minutes woul be another 60 shrooms so they are losingabout 60shrooms person that skips there quest timers that probably a few thousand dollare per month per server.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-09-2011, 06:11 PM
Supreme Adventurer

nargok, Leander also stated, "During Oktoberfest, the Happy Hour (spend one mushroom to immediately finish a quest) is disabled." The change to the US servers that allowed us to skip at every time of the day was apparently missed by Playa Games at multiple levels, so the end of Oktoberfest brought us back into alignment with the other servers. Since the disappearance of the skip button except for the Happy Hour (23:00-00:00 server time), iTZKooPA has made several posts about this, and it actively trying to get it brought back. The talks continue, as he and others try to bring back the 24 hour availability of the skip feature.