Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The posts never says unlimited. It's just a bit more colorful in say 10 beers.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:39 AM
Crusader

damn. Now what do I do with all the fingers I was collecting?
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Tyrannys Playground (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 11:46 AM

You could make a good finger stew of stuffed fingers or a carnival favorite fingers on a stick.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-28-2012, 11:47 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I have to say I'm rather unimpressed with this "event". It basically boils down to handing out 10 mushrooms on each day, similar to the 10 mushrooms that have been given away on other occasions.

Now, I do understand that an event similar to last year's, is undesirable, as it would only promote botting and leaves non-shroomers in the cold. But the event as it is now is on the opposite end of the scale as it means nothing for the people who do use mushrooms. What's 20 mushrooms for free if you buy them by the 1000s and spent 100s on last week's epic event alone?

Why no compromise? Something that players from both styles can enjoy? For instance, giving away 10 beers for free and allowing 5 more beers at the normal price. And that's just something I came up with after 2 minutes of thiking. There would have been so many possibilities, but it seems Playa Games have chosen for the one that was easiest to implement (just change a 1 to a 0 in the code)
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM

Whats 20 shrooms yes if you look at for one person playing one server yes it is not much but most shroomers play more then one server. As for me it will save me 200 shrooms as I play on 10 servers thats 10-20 dollars that I save. yes still not a ton of money but thats a 1/2 tank of gas for my car or dinner and a movie for me.

Besides this is something that everyone gets to enjoy and helps all players in your guild as non shroomers will get to earn more exp and who knows maybe one or 2 will like playing with 300 thirst so much they might decide to spend money in the game and become shroomers themselves.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Mushroom Collector

Is it the perfect solution? Probably not.

Is it better than last year? Definitely

Is it better than nothing at all? Yes

The benefit is slightly skewed towards non-shroomers, but shroomers also benefit every day that they're shrooming. It's an improvement, and I'm happy with that.
Old 09-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillikurd View Post
I have to say I'm rather unimpressed with this "event". It basically boils down to handing out 10 mushrooms on each day, similar to the 10 mushrooms that have been given away on other occasions.
Not quite. These free mushrooms can only be spent on one thing and expire at midnight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Whats 20 shrooms yes if you look at for one person playing one server yes it is not much but most shroomers play more then one server. As for me it will save me 200 shrooms as I play on 10 servers thats 10-20 dollars that I save. yes still not a ton of money but thats a 1/2 tank of gas for my car or dinner and a movie for me.
3000 shrooms is $100 on sale days, or 3.3 cents each. 10 shrooms, 33 cents. 200 shrooms, $6.66. If you are shrooming on 10 servers, then playa owes you much more than that. Although if you are shrooming on 10 servers, how you have time for dinner and a movie is beyond me.
Old 09-28-2012, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Although if you are shrooming on 10 servers, how you have time for dinner and a movie is beyond me.

I play all 10 at the same time thankfully I have good internet speeds and a computer that can handle about 15 tabs opened up and other programs so if I really push myself I can get done in about 7 hours 6 if chat is quite.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
Wannabe Griffin

wow I am rather impressed at how many "spoiled" players there are here... They give you 20 F R E E mushrooms and I see people saying "wow I am rather unimpressed" or "you could have given us something better". Last year high level players moaned because the unlimited quests meant that lower levels would gain on them faster, the non-shroomers were moaning because they couldn't quest, the middle-level players were moaning because "Playa was trying to suck all their mushrooms".

Now, I am well known around here to criticize Playa about the lack of new content on the game constantly, but BOY that moaning from never-satisfied players all the time around here (even when they give us F R E E mushrooms) strikes bad on my sight...

edit: A thanks to playa from me for giving me F R E E mushrooms and thus reducing my cost of playing the game (without them really having to). Yes I criticize a lot, but at least thank god I can still understand when to say a thanks and appreciate a good gesture.

Happy questing
Born: 15/9/10

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 09-28-2012 at 06:30 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgeKen For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (09-28-2012), spiny norman (09-28-2012)
Old 09-28-2012, 06:43 PM
Truffle Shuffler

You show exactly what the problem is. The extreme lack of developments in the game have gotten players to the point that they are grateful for a gift worth less than a dollar (or euro or pound for that matter), because at least it is something?!

Maybe it wasn't enirely clear from my post, but what disappoints me most is the fact that Playa Games doesn't put effort into coming up with new gameplay, but prefers to hand out meaningless gifts. It's the easy way out; panem et circenses