Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-08-2015, 11:33 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
gee, how could Playa compensate players for the TV being on the fritz?

How about offering a 20% bonus on mushroom sales?

Oh, wait. That is what they are doing this weekend.

So much for punishing us.
you consider that compensation? for real? really? you are very confused.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-09-2015, 12:58 PM
Crusader

Well, let's see who is confused. Playa has two components to its revenue stream: mushroom sales and the TV. The TV is on the fritz, so until it is fixed Playa is out that source of income. Which leaves mushroom sales as the only alternative.

This also leaves mushroom purchases as the only way for players to acquire large numbers of mushrooms. Basically, there has been a fall in the supply of mushrooms, with Playa holding a monopoly on them. Economic theory would suggest that this should allow them to jack up the price and increase their profits. Instead, they put mushrooms on sale.

What would you have Playa do in this situation? Give away mushrooms for free, thus forfeiting their only remaining source of revenue? Do you think the developers who are currently laboring to fix the tube will be happy to continue doing so when Playa tells them that they have no funds to pay them?

Edited to add: another pink potion in the store today.

Last edited by spiny norman; 05-09-2015 at 01:00 PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 02:49 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I really have to agree. I haven't seen a pink potion since update at all. I have even hit the spend mushroom and nothing. Before if I ran out, it was always 4 or 5 shrooms to get one. Not now. So I can't get free mushrooms anymore, I can't even get a mushroom now and it is mushroom weekend (have not gotten any and just about used every beer I have) and I can't get pink potions.

Let's say, this update was not just a week ago, it was April 1, they should have something fixed by now and they don't.

At the point now of looking for another game to play because why should I spend my money on nothing in return.
Old 05-09-2015, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jolabent View Post
I really have to agree. I haven't seen a pink potion since update at all. I have even hit the spend mushroom and nothing. Before if I ran out, it was always 4 or 5 shrooms to get one. Not now. So I can't get free mushrooms anymore, I can't even get a mushroom now and it is mushroom weekend (have not gotten any and just about used every beer I have) and I can't get pink potions.

Let's say, this update was not just a week ago, it was April 1, they should have something fixed by now and they don't.

At the point now of looking for another game to play because why should I spend my money on nothing in return.
Well it is all about luck on what you get in shops. That being said I have seen no change on my chances of getting a pot in shops I have had to use up to 20+ shrooms b4 update and same after update.

As for them not fixing anything from the update that it out right wrong they fixed a lot. the lag is way better they added the timers to the buttons like b4 fix a lot of spelling error just to name a few.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Crusader

The potion rate has always been low. The way I got around this was to buy whatever potions were available during store refreshes on epic weekends. Because I was flush with mushrooms from the TV, I was doing a fair bit of epic shopping and thus able to keep my potions a month or more ahead, thus not needing to make any last minute purchases. Right now I'm not sure how long my potions are going to last because Playa hasn't fixed the bug where the time remaining doesn't display in Firefox. Hopefully, they will have the TV fixed before they run out.

As I said before, it is possible that Playa changed the formula for how frequently potions drop in the stores either through an error or in order to pump up mushroom sales, but I doubt it. I've seen at least 3 pink potions since the update, including 1 yesterday and 2 in a single overnight refresh. So from my own experience there has been no obvious change.
Old 05-10-2015, 11:29 AM

Quote:
The potion rate has always been low. The way I got around this was to buy whatever potions were available during store refreshes on epic weekends. Because I was flush with mushrooms from the TV, I was doing a fair bit of epic shopping and thus able to keep my potions a month or more ahead, thus not needing to make any last minute purchases. Right now I'm not sure how long my potions are going to last because Playa hasn't fixed the bug where the time remaining doesn't display in Firefox. Hopefully, they will have the TV fixed before they run out.

As I said before, it is possible that Playa changed the formula for how frequently potions drop in the stores either through an error or in order to pump up mushroom sales, but I doubt it. I've seen at least 3 pink potions since the update, including 1 yesterday and 2 in a single overnight refresh. So from my own experience there has been no obvious change.
heck I would by every pot I seen and with the tv quest etc of acquiring shrooms I am good on Poel till end of November and str and con pots are into March of next year

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 05-15-2015, 05:27 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Well, let's see who is confused. Playa has two components to its revenue stream: mushroom sales and the TV. The TV is on the fritz, so until it is fixed Playa is out that source of income. Which leaves mushroom sales as the only alternative.

This also leaves mushroom purchases as the only way for players to acquire large numbers of mushrooms. Basically, there has been a fall in the supply of mushrooms, with Playa holding a monopoly on them. Economic theory would suggest that this should allow them to jack up the price and increase their profits. Instead, they put mushrooms on sale.

What would you have Playa do in this situation? Give away mushrooms for free, thus forfeiting their only remaining source of revenue? Do you think the developers who are currently laboring to fix the tube will be happy to continue doing so when Playa tells them that they have no funds to pay them?

Edited to add: another pink potion in the store today.
well playa proved me right in this whole affair. you lack both critical and creative thinking skills so i am done responding to your nonsense. i never said the solution had to be inside the box. i am glad to see they know it is better to do something to keep people playing than do nothing. no one playing equals no revenue stream yada yada but again that would require you to actually think about what you are typing.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Crusader

Ignoring your gratuitous ad hominems, it is nice to see that Playa has found a way to at least marginally compensate for the missing tube. I do not see how this negates my points that
1) playa is as unhappy about losing the revenue stream from the tube as we are at losing free mushrooms. Probably more so, because to us this is a game, to them it is their livelihood.
2) they are trying to keep us happy, not piss us off.
3) the accusation that they purposely decreased the rate at which pink potions drop to increase their mushroom sales was not confirmed by my own experience and most likely secondary to people jumping to unwarranted conclusions based on random fluctuations.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:13 AM

Well as Leander and Myself have said it is all about luck as what comes up in shops is determined by the random generator. I have suggested in the past a potion shop but at this it seems Playa doesn't want it which I can see why would be less shrooms being used I would assume. that being said seems this thread is at its end so I will close it as it has gotten to be more of shouting match then any new info to the main post and subject of the thread.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (05-17-2015)