Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 02-01-2016, 11:34 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Question The PvP in the Fortress

One month ago,I was be attacked in a short time.At first,I thought It's my bad luck.But when I saw the Fortress's Rank,I understood what happened.So I wanna try out what it could be seriously.
I keep counterattack and sent some mails to one of them
for making them focus on me.
Finally,I did once successful attacking.They were be hooked.
They started to crazy endless attacking.Even though I have the protection.
You can see how many times they attack at one day from the pics.
The PvP becomes OneGuild vs OnePlayer.
At last.May I ask one question " Is this design good for the game"?
<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="MuN0l"><a href="//imgur.com/MuN0l">ShakeFidget</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
https://imgur.com/a/MuN0l
Old 02-01-2016, 11:43 AM
Blacksmith

Link is weird, but I think this is very bad for players. I keep getting attacked a lot too. To the extent that I cant upgrade my archers and mages lv . my daily production is only slightly higher than what one attack on my fortress takes from me. and that's provided im attacked only once a day. if im attacked more than once after protection wore off then I start to lose A LOT. patch should help with that. im stuck completely right now. I wish there was option to build fortress peacefully,without attacking and ithout being attacked.
WOW that is crazy number of attacks. that msut be very discouraging.

Last edited by Tilithia; 02-01-2016 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-01-2016, 11:55 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Sorry,Can't you see the pics?
The directly link:
http://imgur.com/jGPGKPb FortressRank
http://imgur.com/996a462 mail
http://imgur.com/nNxhvCU battle
Old 02-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilithia View Post
Link is weird, but I think this is very bad for players. I keep getting attacked a lot too. To the extent that I cant upgrade my archers and mages lv . my daily production is only slightly higher than what one attack on my fortress takes from me. and that's provided im attacked only once a day. if im attacked more than once after protection wore off then I start to lose A LOT. patch should help with that. im stuck completely right now. I wish there was option to build fortress peacefully,without attacking and ithout being attacked.
WOW that is crazy number of attacks. that msut be very discouraging.
Yes,that's what I wanna try out.Right now,the PvP's rule allow them doing this.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Blacksmith

Oh sorry I forgot to add I got link to work
Old 02-01-2016, 12:59 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Hi, Louis.

I think many of us have experienced this. I know I did as well.

Please remember there is a new patch coming that is going to protect your wood and stone that you have in the fortress for 24 hours, of course this is after the first attack WILL take some.

Also, the higher up in the fortress you move, the more active the other players are in the higher ranks, and you will get attacked more often. I've had some people tell me they are no longer attacking in the fortress in order to try and fall down to a section of the fortress where people aren't as apt to attack. It's worked for some.

I've talked to other players and been told about some others that have been attacked 20-25 times a day by the same guild. The first attacker takes out the defenses, and then rest have a free-for-all on the target. Is it fair? I don't know. Is it part of the game? As painful as it is, yes.

It's no different than arena attacks from before where someone could "sit" on someone else's character and attack every 10 minutes.

Playa is working on making it a bit more balanced. Let's hope it eases some of the pain.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 02-01-2016, 02:54 PM

As was said by medusa the new patch should help out with some of the pain. That being said I can tell you from experience that getting attacked by a guild or even 2 is not unheard of had it happen to me on a server or 2 for arena attacks. would clear out the mail in the morning b4 work and come home to a full mail box again and clear it out and clear it again b4 bed. for like 3-6+ months I was getting like 100-( on a light day) to over 300 attacks a day.
Now players have a new way to gang attack a player they feel slighted them or just because they can. At some point the novelty will wear off and the attacks should slow down.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-01-2016, 07:43 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
Is it fair? I don't know. Is it part of the game? As painful as it is, yes.
Hi medusasSnakes:
I'm sorry about that my poor english make you misunderstanding my question.
My question is"Is this a good design for the game?" not "Is it fair?".Actually,even though I had been attacked by them.I still have enough soldiers to attack their guild's member and get enough resource to upgrade my building.But that is not what I want.Many players need a peace way to upgrade their fortress.But this game didn't built the way.If someone meet what I met,the only way is attacking other player.So I have three suggestion.
A. Farmer<=> soldier:
In old china.If there is no war,the soldier becomes farmer.They product more food.In this game,player can use soldier produce more resource in fixed time.For example:One soldier,cost 1500 wood and 500 stone to train,produce 2250 wood and 750 stone in 10 minutes.Or every one soldier give X% produce buff on woodcutter and Quarry,high lv soldier give high %.The soldier be consumed to open the buff.It may work like search gem.

B. NPC target:
Player have two or more opponent like the arena.The different is there is a Npc target.Player can reward gold,xp,gear,resource...etc from Npc target.More difficult more rewards.Another opponent is a player for someone who like PvP. The player can use increase Npc's lv for more rewards.

C.Trade system:
Sometimes one of resource is full,but is short of the other resource for upgrading building.Player need the trade system.For example:3wood to 1stone, 2tone to 3wood.

Those suggestion need a lot of work hours to finish it for programmer.But I think it is the peace way for many players enjoy the fortress.
It will help some player who give up the fortress system comeback.
Thank you all guys for spend time see my thread.I like this game.I hop other player also like this game.Not be forced leave by some greedy guys.

Last edited by Louis; 02-02-2016 at 03:34 AM. Reason: add new content in the suggestion
Old 02-01-2016, 10:03 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I actually really like the trade system idea!

I don't know how they would implement it, but it might be something to think about.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 02-01-2016, 11:39 PM
Blacksmith

I think there was already a "no" because people would abuse it.