Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-28-2010, 10:05 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default HoF Attack > Arena Attack

I was thinking, and I think they should take out Hall of Fame (HoF) attacks. I think everyone knows what I am talking about. Where you can inspect anyone in the game. Pretty sweet feature, but when a lvl 1 attacks a lvl 125 just to see if 80,000 damage will in-fact 1 hit his/her 100 hp. This also cause a lot of problems when someone ranked just 1 or more ranks below you attacks you because...well you look tasty and where all thirsty for honor, and starts farming you for 200 honor a kill. The problem with this is you cannot attack them back later to earn that honor back unless they ended up farming you so bad they pass you. IDK its not a great idea but it probably has not been mentioned. The Arena needs improvement to make this work. Maybe you can only attack 10 people higher and lower than you? I think it could work.
Old 07-28-2010, 10:57 PM
Adventurer

I think limiting the arena so much will cause a lot of problems in the lower ranks, escalating in chaos the farther down the scale you go. At the point I'm at in the ranks if I could only choose people within 10 places of me then I'd never find an acceptable match I might win, which is the point of scoping out a target first.

I understand that you're trying to cut off the farmers but even if the scope you suggest were widened to 20 spots I think that farmers would still find a way, be it for gold or honour, which I understand goes down with every rank they are above you. The system in place now seems to work, if only because it's equally unfair to everyone.

The best thing you can do is not have a lot of gold and make the best build you can really. If the person farming you becomes too high in honour start attacking other players untill you can exact your sweet revenge.

Anyway that's what I think, but I am in no way a qualified expert.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:40 PM
Adventurer

I think the HOF/Arena attacks are fine where they are but I will address the OP's concern to be fair to the suggestion.

I think the attention of player versus player combat in general is to establish a notable advantage. If you cannot HOLD your own place consistently then of course you should be much closer in honor to those closer to you. It is intended to be a competitive ladder for that reason. The triangle simply makes that more difficult.

"Getting it back" from an opponent should not be easy. The ladder's intention is to equalize players, not segregate them. If a player X honor lower than another player proves that they are within spitting distance, even 1 in 10 times, then they are within spitting distance. What's going to happen is someone else can do the same to them (theoretically). Being in a guild makes it alot easier for you to call up 10 lower level characters to dogpile on the player that honor sniped you, again, what I consider a totally acceptable game mechanic.

Honor is not like stats. Once earned, it is not intended to be permanent but rather in a constant state of flux. The best way to earn your place in the ladder is to shoot higher, not nearby. If you can't shoot higher... well, most've us Not Top 10 players have been there and we know that it's all grind and wait until someone stops playing before we get our next ladder leap. C'est la vie.

In summary, I like being at risk to a lucky punk dragging me down. I also like being in a position to BE a lucky punk. Statistics say it is unlikely, but life isn't about absolutes; sometimes life is about dumb luck.
Old 07-28-2010, 11:56 PM
Blacksmith

If this were implied the Arena featrure would suck if you couldn't have a little challenge with someone ELEVEN spots away from you. Example: So you're a levl 10 and you feel pretty accomplished because you defended yourself against five attackers last night! Woot! Wrong! You go to Arena and the lowest level they are letting you attack is a level 18! Must be because of the 497 honor you gained last night. Guess what? You're screwed!

Simply put, my two .
Old 08-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Banned

lol i attack the top ranked players to just to see ther hits i was the first to attack before and hit badly LOL i still do it for lolz
The Following User Says Thank You to merp For This Useful Post:
luedriver (09-06-2010)
Old 08-28-2010, 10:49 AM
Sheep

+1

I like this idea =).
Old 08-29-2010, 10:29 PM
Adventurer

Well, technically the feature isn't part of the HoF, it's a button on another player's character page. If the button were to be removed that's only going to prevent people from attacking directly from the character page, there's nothing to prevent someone from then going to the arena and typing the name in to the field in the arena.

So Removing the button accomplishes nothing.

If you're proposing they go further and take that feature out of the arena entirely, ... well I really don't see that happening. It just takes too much away from the arena.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:07 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Also bear in mind that the arena is bugged at the top end. I can only gain honor from ranks 2-4 on the s2 hof, yet the arena draws up names all the way down to 15.

If couldn't use the HoF would have to keep spamming the arena button to get someone to fight.
Old 12-23-2010, 02:58 PM
Truffle Shuffler

I prefer HoF over arena because whichever system a player uses, everyone is constantly rising/falling. Players who outclass you can be dropped into your neighborhood making arena a risky business unless you like random challenges.

I tend to only use the pvp aspect of this game when nearing an honor acheivement attribute increase. I have and will seek the best possible honor per kill just as people do for gold/xp during quests. I generally begin 1k away from my goal, usually against people who have already reached that mark since they are less likely to retaliate. By going for 200 honor per kill, I shorten the amt of battles necessary which also serves to shorten the time that I, myself, am a target.

No matter what distance between between two players, if the one below can claim victory, then they both deserve the direction they travel after the fight. At some point, everyone arrives at the location I like to call "The Nosebleed Section". This refers to being so high that you've run out of beatable opponents AND what you can expect to get from everyone around you.

Eventually, everyone finds their natural place. If anything, Arena should be outlawed until they work out a way to stop players from accidentally attacking their guildmates.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Supreme Adventurer

To prevent accidentally attacking your guildmates, just look at the guild name. The arena and HoF both list the member's guild (if they are in one). If you go to the profile page of the person you want to fight, the attack button isn't available for guildmates. What more do you want? The game isn't going to completely stop guildmates from being able to attack each other, as it isn't unusual for guildmates to attack each other on purpose, or to help out each other.