Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-15-2011, 11:48 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Cant use mushrooms to skip quest timers since the reset.

As the title says neither I nor anyone else I have talked to has the option to skip quest timers with mushrooms since the server restart.

*server 1

Last edited by Alucard; 09-15-2011 at 01:02 PM.
Old 09-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Blacksmith

True enough, report seconded. I'm fairly certain, though not absolutely positive, this issue appeared right after a server reset earlier today.

[edit] Server 2 is unchanged, "Skip" option is still available.
(Also, s1's "Cancel" button is centred - meaning that it appears as if the "Skip" button was eliminated, and the "Cancel" button given new display coordinates, as opposed to the "Skip" button simply being omitted; although that could be due to a generic self-centring script/tags.)

Last edited by ToscanToss; 09-15-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:03 AM
Truffle Shuffler

The problem is still there, my boss wont let me play all day so need the skip option back again as soon as poss please =D
Old 09-16-2011, 06:35 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I'm saving a whole bunch of mushrooms!
Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 AM
Mushroom Collector

No official response yet? I never used the option, but i got a lot of lowlifes in my guild complaining about it.

Chat is acting up again too btw (shows completely empty untill you type something). So sever restart didn't go very well on S1 at least.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:26 AM
Ksana

I confirm empty chat and missing Skip button.

Plus: guild button blinks but no new text appears.

At least three more guildmates have same problem, refreshes don't help.
Old 09-16-2011, 08:59 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettoforce View Post
Chat is acting up again too btw (shows completely empty untill you type something). So sever restart didn't go very well on S1 at least.
Yes, IM chat function's being an absolute pig - for the last couple of hours messages have been disappearing - and from what I understand, on both s1 and s2, and this without server restarts (I should say 'even after and past server restart,' as both s1 and s2 had one of those earlier).

As for messages not appearing until you type, then 'enter' one of your own, that's been a persistent problem for some time now, and still no improvement...

The other issue mentioned is also true: 'Guild' button flashes, but no new message is shown.
Or, conversely, there are new messages, but 'Guild' button fails to flash...

Skip button still missing as well, and have received additional confirmation of its AWOL status from several players from various guilds...

(Well, at least the mail function seems much less sluggish and somewhat less likely to mismatch headers and content - though that doesn't make the above issues any more palatable...)

We're all patience here, and hearts a-twitter...

Oh, one more thing, also an older and often-witnessed issue corroborated by several players: XP rewards past levels 190 to 200 seem to suffer from anaemia...
In most quests blocks, the high XP option is either missing - replaced by all gold-heavy quests - or their experience reward is 1/2 to 2/3 of similar quests prior to passing levels 190 to 200.
(Is that a rat I smell? No? Then something's fishy, surely! We can't all be suspected of false impressions or self-delusion, can we?...
Nah... it must be mass-hysteria, I guess? Kidding, of course! There is something going on, at least in some cases, with those lowered XP rewards.)

And always the same thing: cache refresh/dump (CTRL+F5), latest version of Adobe Flash, latest patch, etc., etc., etc... We know.
Still, there is something wonky, and something to be done about the issues beyond all that, beyond suspecting the player's ineptitude, right?

Last edited by ToscanToss; 09-16-2011 at 09:01 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 10:04 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post

Oh, one more thing, also an older and often-witnessed issue corroborated by several players: XP rewards past levels 190 to 200 seem to suffer from anaemia...
In most quests blocks, the high XP option is either missing - replaced by all gold-heavy quests - or their experience reward is 1/2 to 2/3 of similar quests prior to passing levels 190 to 200.
(Is that a rat I smell? No? Then something's fishy, surely! We can't all be suspected of false impressions or self-delusion, can we?...
Nah... it must be mass-hysteria, I guess? Kidding, of course! There is something going on, at least in some cases, with those lowered XP rewards.)
This isn't on the original topics of the thread, but I'll talk to it quickly here. Key milestone levels bring on degraded XP rewards. 200 is the first highly noticeable one. There is another, more significant one at 250, and the worst one yet (so far) at 275. They're there to let other players catch up a bit. I know the system works as I am one of the players (Charista being the most notable) that caught up to the leaders.
I'm going to guess they're also present at lower-level milestones, but were not as evident and just thought of as a bad string of luck. At the higher levels I noted, they hit you like a mule-kick.

ON TOPIC:
I would be great to hear back from an official source on what's going on with regards to investigation, root cause and resolution of this. Thank you!

Last edited by Darstard; 09-16-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Still investigating. I've requested another server restart, fearing the one from yesterday didn't go normally.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
Darstard (09-16-2011)
Old 09-16-2011, 12:58 PM
Stable Boy

Default Skip quest timer

Was it removed? I know there servers were restarted and now I can't pay a shroom to skip the freaking wait time.... Ohh goodness these 10min quests are going to take forever now....