Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-14-2012, 08:10 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA
Thumbs up Magic Mirror & The Tower Content Patch Discussion Thread

Please use this thread to discuss the upcoming Magic Mirror (and Tower) content patch.

The changelog and additional feature details have been added. The patch is currently live on German Server 1 (s1.sfgame.de) and will head to all international servers soon.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:45 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Most Excellent! Looking forward to tearing through this one!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:09 AM
Truffle Shuffler

When ???
Old 11-14-2012, 10:16 AM
Blacksmith

next year
Old 11-14-2012, 10:46 AM

As Itzkoopa has given no date so it is hard to say but it is going thru testing at the moment.

Since they are giving us some hints of what we will be getting I would say we will get it soon barring any last minute bugs.

My guess and this is only a guess we should see it late November early December.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Akitta (11-24-2012), iTZKooPA (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 11:07 AM
Blacksmith

i hope we get it that soon because it does actually look like one of the best updates that they have released but im not going to get too excited over the date
The Following User Says Thank You to darren00 For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 12:20 PM
Crusader

as best I can tell the tower is a 100 level dungeon. Meaning that an upper level player will plow through the lower levels, then presumably plateau. I wonder if they will be free like the other dungeons, or cost gold and/or mushrooms?

Magic mirror has more potential to be something that isn't just more of the same. Searching for pieces? I guess this could be like collecting items in the scrapbook, or filling the toilet, but we'll see. It also remains to be seen what this new functionality that is unlocked is: something that actually affects game play, or something cosmetic.

While they are making updates, why don't they fix the catapult? That's something that could both make guild battles more interesting and make them some money. Or improve the odds with the gambler. You'd have to be an idiot to waste your gold/mushrooms there.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 02:53 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
as best I can tell the tower is a 100 level dungeon. Meaning that an upper level player will plow through the lower levels, then presumably plateau.
Apparently - from what I've read on the German server - either the battle mechanics or the stats of those monsters are different from the normal game, and as a result the dungeon levels are a challenge to everyone.

Quote:
Magic mirror has more potential to be something that isn't just more of the same. Searching for pieces? I guess this could be like collecting items in the scrapbook, or filling the toilet, but we'll see.
Nah, you just need to collect the 13 pieces during missions, much like you found the keys to the dungeon and the toilet.

Quote:
It also remains to be seen what this new functionality that is unlocked is: something that actually affects game play, or something cosmetic.
It's not a big thing. Once complete, it will allow you to fight an opponent in the arena while being on a mission.

Quote:
Or improve the odds with the gambler. You'd have to be an idiot to waste your gold/mushrooms there.
Improving the odds won't change this. Either the odds are in favour of the player, which would be an idiotic thing to do from Playa's point of view (especially if shrooms are at stake). Or the odds are in favour of the gambler, which means it's idiotic to play for any player. Either way, someone is an idiot...
The Following User Says Thank You to Lillikurd For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillikurd View Post
Apparently - from what I've read on the German server - either the battle mechanics or the stats of those monsters are different from the normal game, and as a result the dungeon levels are a challenge to everyone.
you can have a level 200 boss with 1 million hit points or a 200 level boss with 10 million hit points. The second will be 10 times as hard to kill, although nominally the same level. Unless the bosses adjust the level to the player, I can't see how it differs from the current setup.

Quote:
Nah, you just need to collect the 13 pieces during missions, much like you found the keys to the dungeon and the toilet.
then I guess much as red missions pop up time to time, allowing battles against monsters not available in normal quests, there will be special missions that pop up allowing you to get a mirror piece. Or maybe the mirror pieces will just show up randomly, like mushrooms.

Quote:
It's not a big thing. Once complete, it will allow you to fight an opponent in the arena while being on a mission.
given the overall lack of activity in the arena, I agree. Not a big thing.

Of course, if the increased by, say, 10-fold the maximum amount of gold you could win, they might see more arena activity. 5000 gold payoffs when a point to my primary costs 500,000 gold is useless. As are another 2500 victories for 1 point to each attribute.

Quote:
Improving the odds won't change this. Either the odds are in favour of the player, which would be an idiotic thing to do from Playa's point of view (especially if shrooms are at stake). Or the odds are in favour of the gambler, which means it's idiotic to play for any player.
well, they could make the odds neutral: 3 cups, pay off two to one if you win. That would make gambling (mostly) pointless, rather than idiotic. If if a player is a few mushrooms short of an item, however, just before the store refreshes he could take a shot.

Quote:
Either way, someone is an idiot..
My vote is the development team that wasted time creating this feature...

Last edited by spiny norman; 11-14-2012 at 04:36 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-14-2012)
Old 11-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

There are 100 new monsters, level 200-400, in the Tower, which means this part of the update is meant more for middle- and high-level players. The monsters are more difficult than your average dungeon monsters.