Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 04-10-2015, 10:34 PM
Stable Boy

Default Save this game

this game is dying and dying bad , but its not to late to save it .

first delete ALL accounts that haven't logged on in the last 6 months

next get a solid count of the remaining player base

calculate how many servers you can fill to 3 quarters full with the remaining player base

transfer the remaining players to the reduced number of servers
begin the transfer process one guild at a time being sure to transfer guilds as a group

if the transfer results in people having 2 accounts on one server let them have two accounts it in no way hurts you and provides more accounts for them to buy shrooms for
Old 04-11-2015, 03:36 AM

This has been brought up a few times and all I can say is at this time it won't happen and tbh I don't see either things ever happening,

The reason are quite simple for deleting inactive accounts reason that won't happen is explained in 1 word "scrapbook" it can be hard enough finding some items with all the inactive accounts you go and delete them you make it next to impossible plus Playa's policy is not to delete inactives.

As for server merges from what has been said in the past is that servers are not connected in any way shape or form so merging servers can't happen.

My suggestion is talk to your friends get your guildies to talk to theirs and get them to play. If you play on more then one server ask ppl on other servers if interested to start accounts on other servers.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-11-2015, 06:11 AM
Sheep

The main issue with this game is no matter the new content everyone gets stuck and can not advance. I understand that the developers do not want players to blow through new content, but players want to see their characters make progress, even if it is marginal. Dungeons, Demon Portal, The Tower and the Guild's Demon Portal are perfect examples of people and guilds getting stuck. Being stuck on the same dungeon or portal for a couple months, what is fun about that? Thats why players leaves this game.

I would much rather fight a Demon Portal 10x stronger then they currently are without the 10% regen, yeah it might take me longer to defeat it but at least i know if i keep at it, i am making progress. The same goes for the Guild Demon portals too.

It takes me a couple weeks to level, which is fine, but when you need to level 10 times to defeat the next dungeon, that is approx 20 weeks or close to half a year. It should not take me 5 months to defeat the next dungeon.

Those are just a few of my thoughts. Thanks for reading
The Following User Says Thank You to Spider Pig For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (04-11-2015)
Old 04-11-2015, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider Pig View Post
The main issue with this game is no matter the new content everyone gets stuck and can not advance. I understand that the developers do not want players to blow through new content, but players want to see their characters make progress, even if it is marginal. Dungeons, Demon Portal, The Tower and the Guild's Demon Portal are perfect examples of people and guilds getting stuck. Being stuck on the same dungeon or portal for a couple months, what is fun about that? Thats why players leaves this game.

I would much rather fight a Demon Portal 10x stronger then they currently are without the 10% regen, yeah it might take me longer to defeat it but at least i know if i keep at it, i am making progress. The same goes for the Guild Demon portals too.

It takes me a couple weeks to level, which is fine, but when you need to level 10 times to defeat the next dungeon, that is approx 20 weeks or close to half a year. It should not take me 5 months to defeat the next dungeon.

Those are just a few of my thoughts. Thanks for reading

Yes and every RPG I ever played console, PC or online has the same issues. example dragon warrior for the original NES you would be plugging along then bam hit a wall were you couldn't beat the mobs in the next area so you would spend about a week or more in the area you could leveling up till you could beat a few then spend a week till you were strong enough to get to where you needed to go without dying. yeah not as long as s+f but a console game has an end and they want you to finish so when the next one came out you would by that one as well. here there is no end you try to get as far as you can till you decide you don't want to play anymore.

I have learned to not look at what I cant do cause I know at some point I will be able to. Till then I do what I can and believe me all online games set it up so that you cant beat all of it at once but will take time to do so as it gives them time to get the next update ready.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-11-2015, 10:53 AM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
This has been brought up a few times and all I can say is at this time it won't happen and tbh I don't see either things ever happening,

The reason are quite simple for deleting inactive accounts reason that won't happen is explained in 1 word "scrapbook" it can be hard enough finding some items with all the inactive accounts you go and delete them you make it next to impossible plus Playa's policy is not to delete inactives.

As for server merges from what has been said in the past is that servers are not connected in any way shape or form so merging servers can't happen.

My suggestion is talk to your friends get your guildies to talk to theirs and get them to play. If you play on more then one server ask ppl on other servers if interested to start accounts on other servers.

saying they arnt connected and it cant happen is a cop out , all they have to do is copy and account from one server and move it to the next

as for scrapbook for not getting rid of inactives that's simply absurd

the problem is people like yourself shoot it down rather than letting the company see just how much we all need and want this , You are essentialy our advocate . rather than shutting us down you should be facilitating communication of our thoughts and ideas
Old 04-11-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lspiderl View Post
saying they arnt connected and it cant happen is a cop out , all they have to do is copy and account from one server and move it to the next

as for scrapbook for not getting rid of inactives that's simply absurd

the problem is people like yourself shoot it down rather than letting the company see just how much we all need and want this , You are essentialy our advocate . rather than shutting us down you should be facilitating communication of our thoughts and ideas
I say they are not connect cause that is what has been said time and time again by those who are/were in the know I don't know personally as I don't talk with anyone above the CoMa's and also from what has been said is that they don't delete accounts except for the rare extreme measures and as far as I know they have nvr deleted single account. do I think that some servers need a merger hell yeah do I think they will ever do it no. Since they can't and or wont do so we need to promote ourselves. thru our facebook, twitter, instagram accounts telling our friends abt the game and getting them interested if ppl play on multiple servers try getting others to join other servers this is the only ways atm to get more active servers.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Crusader

Getting more people to start playing the game doesn't do much for the high level players who have hit a wall. I'd guess that for every 100 people that start playing 1 or 2 will make it to level 200 (which are the kind of players you need if your guild is going to beat the higher level dungeons) and even playing for 5 hours a day, it will take them a year or more.

It's tough: if you can't progress, you lose interest and quit. If you do progress, then it takes any new player longer and longer to be competitive, so they lose interest and quit.
Old 04-11-2015, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Getting more people to start playing the game doesn't do much for the high level players who have hit a wall. I'd guess that for every 100 people that start playing 1 or 2 will make it to level 200 (which are the kind of players you need if your guild is going to beat the higher level dungeons) and even playing for 5 hours a day, it will take them a year or more.

It's tough: if you can't progress, you lose interest and quit. If you do progress, then it takes any new player longer and longer to be competitive, so they lose interest and quit.
Thing is need to worry abt getting servers more active bit since it was brought up I have seen players get to lvl 300+ in abt 10 months. yes those players shroomed and were in one of the top guilds. but with older servers if guilds gave new players a chance you would see more then 1 or 2 ppl out of 100 making it to lvl 200+. Here is the problem and it is on Playa. 1- top guilds want only top players how about letting in a new player here and there what is the worse that can happen it doesn't work out. you were in your rank when the inactive was around give it a shot.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 04-12-2015, 07:41 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post

No matter if everyone progresses quickly or slowly, new players will have the same gap to be competitive. At least if players progress, current players would be more likely to stick around. That's why they make new servers to help the new players become competitive.
Old 04-12-2015, 07:50 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Thing is need to worry abt getting servers more active bit since it was brought up I have seen players get to lvl 300+ in abt 10 months. yes those players shroomed and were in one of the top guilds. but with older servers if guilds gave new players a chance you would see more then 1 or 2 ppl out of 100 making it to lvl 200+. Here is the problem and it is on Playa. 1- top guilds want only top players how about letting in a new player here and there what is the worse that can happen it doesn't work out. you were in your rank when the inactive was around give it a shot.
You are right, the top players have an advantage over everyone else because they are in the top guilds. Top guilds get more xp, gold, and damage bonuses from the demon portal compared to the rest. There is really no way to catch a guild ahead of you if everything stays status quo. The only way to get better is merge, which rarely happens or poach players from lower guild.