Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions

Notices

Old 07-23-2016, 06:28 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default It seems the US Forum for Americans only? the German Forum is for Germans only?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I understand both sides. It makes sense that the S&F community wants to know as much and as fast as possible but regardless of that we still have individual communities, different languages. The German forum is for Germans only, the French forum is for French players and the international forum is for a couple of countries without an official forum AND for English-speaking users as well.
My question is ... is this for real?

if so, I also suggest removal of multiple language selection in-game outside of the international servers. I feel like we've just been set back 100 years. I'm not sure if I can support a company who promotes segregation. This makes me angry. You should ALL be angry. It might be time for me to retire.

Last edited by BMWGuinness; 07-23-2016 at 06:44 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 06:56 PM
Blacksmith

Leander is basically right. That's why there are so many forums.

It's all in hands of administration - if they do want to let people of other nationalities register and participate in the forum.

For me none of this makes sense, that's why I wrote lately about global forums.
Old 07-23-2016, 07:26 PM

Well leander is basicly right and wrong. yes this forum is for US and Canada only and those who play on one of the servers it supports. So if a German or a French player or someone from any other plays on one to the US server and the Canada server can have an account on this forum with the understanding that the language of this forum is English only.

this is the same for the German forum and INT forum. As for a global forum as we know that wont happen but I guess the INT forum is the closest we have as it does represent more then 1 country and has the world server there which are for all countries.

But the INT forum is English only except for the areas that were made for certain countries servers who lost their own forum because of lack of activity.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-23-2016, 08:08 PM
Community Manager

I don't see a problem here. It is about different languages but not different knowledge, details, information.

We have a common game (Shakes & Fidget) with content, with questions and support. The game does not depend on languages...it is always the same game....and depending on your language you can ask questions or post feedback...if you are from the US posting in the German forum does not make sense because the forum language is German and the German forum has the same game version, knowledge, content as all other S&F forums. The German community manager knows as much about the game as all other local community managers.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 07-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
My question is ... is this for real?

if so, I also suggest removal of multiple language selection in-game outside of the international servers. I feel like we've just been set back 100 years. I'm not sure if I can support a company who promotes segregation. This makes me angry. You should ALL be angry. It might be time for me to retire.
Now, BMW, I'm going to have to call you out on this.

When it was suggested that the US forum be combined with the INT forum, you were one of the most vocal to keep it separate, and I agreed completely.

http://forum.sfgame.us/showpost.php?p=52369&postcount=7

I can understand others wanting to be part of the German forum (if you can converse in German fluently) simply because it IS more active.

You can't sit here and say the game is trying to keep people segregated, yet you fought for it quite hard.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves - if you want to have it one way, you have to accept that it's going to be that way in other instances.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 07-23-2016, 09:50 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
I don't see a problem here. It is about different languages but not different knowledge, details, information.

We have a common game (Shakes & Fidget) with content, with questions and support. The game does not depend on languages...it is always the same game....and depending on your language you can ask questions or post feedback...if you are from the US posting in the German forum does not make sense because the forum language is German and the German forum has the same game version, knowledge, content as all other S&F forums. The German community manager knows as much about the game as all other local community managers.
The way you wrote it, its about nationalities, not language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
Now, BMW, I'm going to have to call you out on this.

When it was suggested that the US forum be combined with the INT forum, you were one of the most vocal to keep it separate, and I agreed completely.

http://forum.sfgame.us/showpost.php?p=52369&postcount=7

I can understand others wanting to be part of the German forum (if you can converse in German fluently) simply because it IS more active.

You can't sit here and say the game is trying to keep people segregated, yet you fought for it quite hard.

This is one of my biggest pet peeves - if you want to have it one way, you have to accept that it's going to be that way in other instances.
2 different things entirely!!!

Keep the US Forum? Yes
Keep others out? No
Keep anyone out of other Forums? No

--------

For the record, I am not against preventing others from joining our forum, but I am against merging forums unless it means 1 global forum where everyone has to merge.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:11 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
The way you wrote it, its about nationalities, not language.

2 different things entirely!!!

Keep the US Forum? Yes
Keep others out? No
Keep anyone out of other Forums? No

--------

For the record, I am not against preventing others from joining our forum, but I am against merging forums unless it means 1 global forum where everyone has to merge.
I think, not speaking for him (Leander), but the way I read it, he meant languages.

I'm a mod on the int forum, and when people come in and start 'speaking' in something besides English, it annoys me. I don't know if they are saying, "Have a nice day," or "I'm going to kill Med."

If I go over to the German forum and start typing in English, I can understand them not wanting me there. Your friends from the German forum on here are great; they are typing in English. If they were typing in German, you'd see me being all 'mod-like' to put a stop to that.

Maybe it would have been stated better as, "The German forum is for German speakers," etc.

Seelenfluer (forgive me, my friend) is from Germany. He's also one of my officers on s8. He doesn't speak German on here or in the guild chat. I know from previous experience he's gotten info to share from the German forum.

If the game was trying to segregate people, I'd be seriously screwed on s8, because I think we have 5 people from the US, and the rest are from all over the world.

I am hoping you knew what Leander meant to say and are just being cranky pants. Remember, while his English is just about impeccable, English still isn't his first language, so the nuances can look the same, but for native English speakers, it might read differently.

Leander, please forgive me for "speaking" for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to MedusasSnakes For This Useful Post:
Leander (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 10:55 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
I think, not speaking for him (Leander), but the way I read it, he meant languages.

I'm a mod on the int forum, and when people come in and start 'speaking' in something besides English, it annoys me. I don't know if they are saying, "Have a nice day," or "I'm going to kill Med."

If I go over to the German forum and start typing in English, I can understand them not wanting me there. Your friends from the German forum on here are great; they are typing in English. If they were typing in German, you'd see me being all 'mod-like' to put a stop to that.

Maybe it would have been stated better as, "The German forum is for German speakers," etc.

Seelenfluer (forgive me, my friend) is from Germany. He's also one of my officers on s8. He doesn't speak German on here or in the guild chat. I know from previous experience he's gotten info to share from the German forum.

If the game was trying to segregate people, I'd be seriously screwed on s8, because I think we have 5 people from the US, and the rest are from all over the world.

I am hoping you knew what Leander meant to say and are just being cranky pants. Remember, while his English is just about impeccable, English still isn't his first language, so the nuances can look the same, but for native English speakers, it might read differently.

Leander, please forgive me for "speaking" for you.
I don't understand. We already know the primary language of each forum. Why would this be reiterated?

This is purposefully stated as "The German forum is for Germans only, the French forum is for French players"

The members of the German Forum were very accommodating over the last 6 months and the agreement was I would post the translated German first and the English second. Community Managers didn't seem to have a problem when I was contributing a ton of content for the Fortress, only when I tried to contribute bugs. I think I had close to 100 posts in the German Forum.

Now, I'm being ostracized because I reported a bug 8 weeks ago on 2 forums, and I can no longer post to the German forums.

---

Fair enough, I'll only contribute to 1 forum, but it sucks that I tried very hard to prevent this weekend's major bug from happening.

BTW - The reaction from the German Forum was CRAZY when they realized there was a bug report 8 weeks ago. A lot of people are upset, and I think this is why the Community Leaders responded they way they did ... Deflect the answer by blaming the bug reporter.

http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74742
http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=74750
Old 07-23-2016, 10:57 PM
Community Manager

What's the fuss about nationalities and languages? Let's keep it simple. You play a game and have a question. It stands to reason that you ask the question in your native language... US/UK -> English, IT -> Italian, FR -> French and so on.

There isn't an offical S&F forum or a main forum...it is one company and one game. You won't get faster replies by posting in multiple and/or different forums. The local community managers just provide support for different languages but all share the same company, content, knowledge base.

In brief: "what season is it?" can be asked in many languages but the answer will be always the same.
Or: have a problem with your iPhone? Contact Apple but it does not matter if you contact the English or German support as it is one company.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter

Last edited by Leander; 07-23-2016 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2016, 11:05 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I think it's a legit question as to why the bug report was missed.

If (not IF, as we all know you DID report it) it was reported 8 weeks ago, my assumption is it would have been addressed. Alas, it was not, and now there are LOTS of angry people. I've been getting it from all sides this weekend myself with players asking me the same question - if it was reported, why hasn't it been fixed.

All I can say to that is, people are human and make mistakes.

Again, I think you are knit-picking with the choice of words used. Please remember you yourself were told your translation made you sound like a "smart aleck" when you didn't mean to come across that way. I am a copy editor for a publisher. I am fully aware how one or two words can change the meaning completely, and not always in the way it was meant.