Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 10-28-2011, 01:39 AM
Mushroom Collector

Default Selling price

Hello,

I recently got 2 epic items from Dungeons (1 from boss one isn't):

1) Fluffy slippers of cuteness (From boss) - 160 armor, +110 to all stats, sold in shop for 31,760 .

2) Giant Hooves of the sad clown - 324 armor, +113 to all stats, sold in shop for 19,346

As the 2nd item is clearly the best of the two, how come there's such a price difference?

Last edited by Salantos; 10-28-2011 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:40 AM
Blacksmith

All depends on what it cost when you bought it. If it was bought with gold/mushrooms, then the sale price will be a lot lower.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-28-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 02:22 AM
Blacksmith

Got it from dungeon foes, Lord, read the preamble. You're right about purchased items, of course.

Salantos, the answer is in your words, I think: the item with the lower stats was obtained by defeating a boss - that raises the 'monetary' value of the item, regardless of its inferior stats bonuses and armour rating.

You'll notice a similar price disparity between a higher quality shop-bought item - lower resale price - and one obtained from a dungeon - higher resale price.

In fact you can get common gear from dungeons, and their gold value will often be higher than the value of epics bought from shops, especially if the price included one or more mushrooms.

And that is all the reason for that pricing oddity. So don't worry, there are no hidden properties to it, just sell the lower-end item you wouldn't keep anyway, and celebrate your luck: basically, you get to have your cake, and eat it too.
iTZKooPA (10-28-2011), Salantos (10-28-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Got it from dungeon foes, Lord, read the preamble. You're right about purchased items, of course.
Heh. Teach me to respond before I've had my morning coffee!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DominicS (10-28-2011)
Old 10-28-2011, 09:23 AM
Supreme Adventurer

The boss has nothing to do with it, ToscanToss. All personal dungeon rewards have a set prize value. The gold, item, or epic item will always have the same reward. Therefore, if you are level 10 and you beat the level 12 monster for a normal item vs if you are level 12 and you beat the level 12 monster for an epic item, the selling price will be the same. If you only got gold, the amount rewarded would be the same too. It sounds like you fought 2 different monsters with 2 different reward values.
Old 10-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salantos View Post
Hello,

I recently got 2 epic items from Dungeons (1 from boss one isn't)
You missed the part of his question I emphasised up there, didn't you, BB?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
The boss has nothing to do with it, ToscanToss. All personal dungeon rewards have a set prize value. The gold, item, or epic item will always have the same reward. Therefore, if you are level 10 and you beat the level 12 monster for a normal item vs if you are level 12 and you beat the level 12 monster for an epic item, the selling price will be the same. If you only got gold, the amount rewarded would be the same too. It sounds like you fought 2 different monsters with 2 different reward values.
(OK, so the emboldened text in your reply does suggest you missed that: yes, BB, the two items came from different sources.)

Now you confused me, BB. The boss has nothing to do with what, pray tell?

I mean I'm not sure what you are answering there.

I have to make up a question that suits your answer, is what I'm trying to say...
Let's see:
"Does the gold value of an item change..." No, that's not it...
"For any given dungeon monster that drops an item, does the gold value of that item change depending on whether it's a normal item or an epic one, or is that gold value preset?"
I think that kinda fits in a pinch.

Thanks, BB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Arse View Post
Heh. Teach me to respond before I've had my morning coffee!
Heh, no worries, Lord - your title buys you empathic privileges... (I mean... I understand. No coffee, no go. No java, no .... Erm, we won't go there... )

Last edited by ToscanToss; 10-29-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 10-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Supreme Adventurer

The reason there is a price difference, which was your original question, is because each monster has a set prize value. It doesn't matter what the stats are. All that matters is the gold value assigned to that monster.