Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Community Area > Stories & Poems

Notices

Old 12-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Stable Boy

Default Dream Runners

[The following is a second story I have been working on, if you find it interesting just reply in the post I will continue to work on it more if I see people enjoy it]

What are dream runners? Nobody really knows what they are, or were they even come from. All that is known about them is they hunt at night in large numbers, creating the sound of birds fighting when they go, like a black wave of water they emerge out of the shadows. Bringing fear and death to anyone who dares to be in their way.

As long as the great books record history have these creatures been around. And even the mighty scholars that tried to understand these creatures are still arguing about how to deal with this endless plague that is ravaging the world. All but one knows the truth about these creatures of the night, the demons of the forests, and the darkness of man.

Selsior knows about the true nature of these creatures, the return of darkness that is at hand. For mankind wasn’t always as destructive as it is now. Once mankind was one with the world, but as always as is in the nature of man, they desire more. They betrayed nature, began using it for their own power, and to channel the world energy to themselves. The world powers began to flow into an imbalance, many millennia did the world try to keep this fragile balance, but now these powers are running loose without control.

And so the age of darkness had begun, with the the world energies no longer in control of its own destiny, the greed of man will be taken into the world once more. For this is its destiny now. The revenge towards man has begun and no force man can create will stop this, for this is the world.

Selsior knows the world has sent the demons as a warning, but is the warning to late for man to react to this danger. While the great books speak of nothing to stop this darkness, Selsior has known. For it’s passed down from his father to him as was from the generations before him. This darkness can’t be stopped unless the greed of man is returned to the world. Over the decennia the energies were stored unbeknown in seven souls of man and woman. Scattered over the world these seven souls are direct ancestors of the man who brought this fate upon the world. Selsior has searched many years for these souls, and found the first. With the partial energies of the world stored in his body, and the speed of the sword he commands, this man will be the first to find out that his destiny runs with this world.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

Last edited by solarrocker; 12-09-2011 at 04:50 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to solarrocker For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (12-09-2011), Priam (12-10-2011), Susperia (12-10-2011)
Old 12-10-2011, 05:46 AM
Stable Boy

The night was settling in and the sound of the fire was heard dimly over the crowd of people in the inn of ďLast HopeĒ. Goran sat in the wooden chair, his sword by his side, watching the figures moving in the dim light created by the fire. The smell of burning wood and pipe-ash was dense in the air. As the warmth of the fire was warming his cold hands, for he has been walking in the snow for many days now, he overheard a conversation at a table next to him. Three men were drinking beer, while bragging to each other about the travels they been on. A large bearded man, with a dark scar on his face, was razing his pitcher and drank a large amount of the brownish liquid. He looked across the table with watery red eyes. His hair was red of color with here and there a bit of grass in it. He looked like he just had been sleeping outside all night long because he was too drunk to go home. His hands still looked clean, how this could be still was strange to Goran. The man, after a couple more sips of his beer, began talking to his comrades again.

Yes, I was there that night. Those damn black demons came out of nowhere and just took the poor fellow. Did they now, said a man at the other side of the table, what did they look like? This man looked more like he had hit a wall when he was born. His face was totally flatted out, the nose was more just a large triangle, going from between the eyes to his lips with just two holes barely noticeable for him to breathe trough. Yes I did see them, black they were, dark as the night. Running with a speed unlike I have ever seen before. Spikes over their body, marks of the evil himself I say. They run in large numbers, like wolves they hunt, making this horrible sound. Itís like hearing a thousand birds fighting not to die, it is darkness his own sound. They run in large waves, just seeing them makes you want to flee in terror. Unearthly creatures I say.

But how you know, said the other man. He looked with weary eyes towards the man who was telling this amazing tale. This man with a bald head and a large ring through his nose, made Goran think of a bull far past his golden years. How can you still be alive when you saw these creatures is just amazing, not many have seen dream runners and lived to tell about it? Yes, I seen them, I was hiding in a tree when I heard them coming. They took my horse from me, it just disappeared into them. It didnít even make a sound.

Goran turned his head back towards the fire. His thoughts began to wonder off. Dream runners, demons of the world, never have I seen these creatures before. Heard about them, yes, many times, but never could I even think they really existed. Though they were a way for the great scholars to still have a job, or to have something to talk about. As Goran was dreaming in his thoughts a man walked in the inn, the sudden cold air that came through the open door woke Goran from his line of thought. The man looked old, gray hair ran down his rope. He looked a lot like a monk, but something was different about him. He looked like he walked all day, and still he had something in his eyes that made him look like he could walk many days more. He looked still powerful for his age, what Goran would guess would be around 60. The man walked into the inn while the door closed behind him. The warmth returned to Goran's hands. The old man looked around the inn, walked to the bar, asked the man behind it something. The man pointed to Goran and said something back to the old man. While the old man walked towards Goran, thoughts began rising up. Would this be another fight, another person who wanted to test his skills he had since he was born.

"Goran, come inside now. Goran looked behind him and saw his mother yelling towards him. Alright mom, Iíll be right there. Goran was practicing with his wooden sword on a scarecrow. The scarecrow looked pretty beaten up from weeks of practice. Mom will need to replace it soon again Goran thought, while he walked towards the house with the wooden sword tugged in his belt. He opened the door and paused for a moment. He felt something, in the air around him, in the ground under his feet. Something was calling to him, like it was a force all around him, or within him. He turned around and looked in the distance. He saw a shadow move quickly into the forest. And the feeling disappeared."

Old 12-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Stable Boy

Goran saw the old man closing towards him, to sit down in the chair across his table, and stared into Goranís eyes. Yes, your eyes say it, please come with me to a more private room too many ears around here. Who are you, said Goran, what do you want? Please time is of the essence, said the old man, now follow me! No, said Goran, not before I hear a name. Fine, said the old man, my name is Selsior. Now please follow me, before itís too late.

Selsior took Goran by the arm, Goran almost fell down for his right leg was sleeping. He grabbed his sword for support and walked together with Selsior into a small room with only a wooden bed, two chairs and a small wooden table that was not very well made. Selsior took a chair and sat down, he made a notion towards Goran to do the same. As Goran walked towards the chair he saw a mark in the neck of Selsior. The seal of the dragon, a mark only for scholars and people who could afford to fake one. These marks were made by the dragon people of the dark forests, only they possessed the knowledge of skin marking. Goran sat down and looked towards Selsior. So scholar what is it you want from me. Selsior looked surprised at Goran and saw Goran point at the back of his neck. Ooh, said Selsior, yes it is true, Iím a scholar. Goran nodded and began to feel that, like the table, the chairs werenít that well made either, better said they were like sitting on a bed of needles but more sharp.

Selsior took something out of his pocket and laid it on the table. Please take this said Selsior. What is it Goran asked, as he looked with confusion towards the object on the table. It resembled a lump of coal rapped in cloth, yet it shined as a diamond but with great darkness. Itís a dream runner egg. A what? Goran was looking very confused. A dream runner egg, said Selsior, the only one mankind has ever seen in existence. Only those who are descendants of the old can hold it within their hands and not feel the pain of this world. Goran looked at Selsior like a child looks at his father when he explains where children come from for the first time. Selsior picked the egg up and tears began running down his face, his eyes turned, and his whole body shivered. Please take it said Selsior, turning whiter by the minute. Goran extended his hand. And Selsior dropped the egg, while it was falling in slow motion towards Goranís hand. Goran began to feel the same feelings again that he felt so many times before. The air around him began turning dense, like somebody was choking his throat. When the egg fell into his hands he felt how cold it was, yet so light. The feelings just suddenly disappeared. He felt nothing, every feeling within him was suddenly gone. He looked at the egg, and back at Selsior. He saw Selsior still shaking but with a large smile on his face. You are the one, the first of many, the ones who will change this world, and bring peace to it once more and undo the mistake off all man. Goran blinked, and stared back at the egg. He saw a shadow moving within it, and disappearing again.

Yes, said Selsior, it is a dream runner, a demon of the world. Goran blinked again, Selsior stood up and walked towards the bed, and before Goran could even ask any of the questions he had finally in his mind, saw Selsior in a deep sleep. Goran looked at the egg again. Stood up, put the egg into his coat, and walked out the room to his own. Tomorrow he thought. Tomorrow Iíll ask him what he means with one of many. As Goran walked towards his room he felt it again. As he walked into his room, he felt the feeling grow stronger, he looked outside the fogged up window, and saw a dark shadow move in the distance and disappear. The feelings subsided and he walked towards the bed, took off his boots and shirt and laid back. He looked at the ceiling till his eyes finally closed, and darkness was all he could feel.