Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 5 > Alliances & Mergers

Notices

Alliances & Mergers Alliances & mergers

Old 03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
Blacksmith

For many, many months now, our guild has owned this server. Wouldn't it make sense if those guilds 4th spot and below (I'm discounting Teifi and Order of Beer as they'll never regard this) got together, merged, fought together, whatever, and made this server interesting again?

I'm sure that "Death Hall Bum Inn" would give us a run for our money, and displace Teifi and OoB to boot!

I guess not. Fair enough, let our domination continue...

Last edited by Lord Arse; 03-07-2012 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Added last line today... can't be double posting, can I now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (03-07-2012), Gynx (03-07-2012), Ziaxia (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 04:40 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

Just how Dominant is your guild? Could two guilds merge to take you on or would 3 or 4 be required? Would any of your members be willing to temporarily help the new guild with dungeons and gain bonuses that would make it an attractive choice for the shroomers not in your guild?

How far are you willing to go to get some fight back into the server?
Old 03-07-2012, 05:04 PM
Blacksmith

I'd be willing to go some way to liven things up over there but ultimately, it should be down to the leaders to figure something out between themselves. There's enough firepower in the guilds from 2-6 to make some sort of "super-guild" which would give us a challenge without us having to intervene.

I don't know, maybe Caymus and I, along with Grogon, Smash, Gdark and Frodrick could work something out in-game. That's if they're interested in making things somewhat more interesting, that is...
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Supreme Adventurer

DeadMeat does raise a good point though. Those guilds in 1st place with no challenge do tend to have more power than if the other guilds on the server combined for one "super-guild" with the best of each. The dungeons and expenses do add up, and there is still that lead that was built to get to this point that has to be overcome. Gynx's thread that said pretty much the same as you did little good for them from what I've seen, so I doubt you'll have much luck, but I hope you do get a challenge.

The biggest challenge I think you'll face is that the lower guilds do have a game going between them. As such, they don't want to leave and rearrange to suit the desires of the highest guild. For them, that is a lot of work, communication, and effort for something that usually results in two top guilds that no one can touch who can only fight each other. It does get boring.

All that said, good luck getting a challenger and maybe some fun.
Old 03-07-2012, 05:54 PM

I have guilds on s6 and s7 that are fighting for the top spot and to be honest unless someone is willing to join us to make a run for it I will not go thur rearanging my guild on another server to make a run for #1. It takes too much work to move everyone around. I just finished doing just that on s6 andis not worth the loss of sleepn again and making some of the ppl that were moved to the other guild mad even though they recieved a bonus increase of 10%. But like I said if a couple of high lvl players want to join us to make a run for it thats fine but will not boot actives to another guild to do so.

I am also not willing to break apart my guild either as it would look wierd having 7 mithral hall guilds and be missing #3

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 03-07-2012 at 06:47 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-07-2012)
Old 03-07-2012, 06:41 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I have guilds on s6 and s7 that are fighting for the top spot and to be honest unless someone is willing to join us to make a run for it I will not go thur rearanging my guild on another server to make a run for #1. It takes too much work to move everyone around. I just finished doing just that on s6 andis not worth the loss of sleepn again and making some of the ppl that were moved to the other guild mad even though they recieved a bonus increase of 10%. But like I said if a couple of high lvl players want to join us to make a run for it thats fine but will not boot actives to another guild to do so.

I am also not willing to break apart my guild either as it would look wierd having 7 mithral hall guild and be missing #3
I pretty much agree with bobo, on this. On a side note, I'm no longer active on S5, but my thoughts on this subject carry over from server to server.

As a former member of Zombunny, I think the forming of a super guild to take down #1 is a pathetic joke.
#1 Guilds get to be that way, more times than not, by being a close knit, kick ass group.

Then 2-3 non loyal guilds ban together to become #1. Pathetic.
Ask Saitann how his old Guild ruled for so long on S1. Ask Gynx how her Guild on S3 took #1.

Guild mergers solely to take #1 is a tactic invented, and accepted, by sissies who aren't willing to do the work to earn it legitimately
Old 03-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Adventurer

To respond to what Mallen said:

I was an officer in Zombunny for a year and am the leader of the #1 guild on s3..so I dont know if I have any or all of the answers..but I can tell you what I have done and would do since it seemed to work out alright for me/us.

To get to #1 you may need only a few things.

1. Someone who is willing to recruit...and by recruit, I don't mean sending out the same form letter to everyone over a specific level range. Try to be original if you possibly can. Be specific about what you and your guild offers and maybe be specific in what you are looking for (donations required? looking for only shroomers? not inviting anyone from a specific guild or level range...etc). Its a fine line when mailing out people..waiting for responses..hoping not to annoy anyone.

2. Someone who is willing to track people readying up, levelling, or whatever... however "anal" you wish to get. In my guild it started off by tracking who readied for dungeons and guild raids. We added leveling, who had dragon mounts, who had potions, we added the other 2 guilds we were competing against and many other factors. When someone missed a whole bunch of attacks, it was easy enough to talk to them and find out if they were active or what the problem was...and if they didnt respond, quit the game, whatever..we booted. We made it a practice to not boot anyone active..only inactives. When we spotted someone inactive, the recruiter found someone the same level or higher, and we booted one and quickly invited the other so as to not be shorthanded. Big ups to Jabroni and LucyMPM for doing this in AoD..I never had patience or time to do it...I was/am the recruiter

3. Good people. I made it a habit to try to find people who were fun, friendly, chatty..etc. While some of those people are gone, or have gone mostly dormant, it fostered good morale that came off in our forum offline, as well as many of the people have either emailed, met each other, talked on the phone, played console games against each other and more. I prided myself on having a real fun guild...and spent far too many hours there chatting all day. I looked at it as a club, not a game.

4. Patience. Getting to #1 takes time.

Hope that helps.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (03-07-2012), DominicS (03-07-2012), jabroni (03-07-2012), Ziaxia (03-07-2012)
Old 03-08-2012, 05:32 AM
Blacksmith

I am leader of BUM BUM its 6th guild on this server,problem is no1 wants 2 merge i can say for my self i cant kick ppl that are active and not shroomers just so i gain a lil more firepower or cons,i whould like some1 to merge into my guild not the other way around.
Why? ( i think you are all smart 2 figure this one out)
The name i and my members build on the server the name of our guild had 2 be built whit a lot of effort you can search pots on the forum made by me and you can see when we started so we had a big time gap falling behind.But never mind that.
To make things short i whould never trade the name of my guild/effort 2 play whit ppl i dont know and kick ppl that helped me make my guild in order 2 make things more interesting.
1 interested thing also Teifi once ranked no1 disbanded due to Oktoberfest and other guild/guilds passing them(for me emo act) because they didnt have shroomers like others did so money wins once more.i sent numerous mails 2 in that point in time ppl that use 2 play in that guild as i said before EMO ppl didnt even respond just so they got back together like 2 months later.
This game is simple its a ENDURANCE TEST AND MONEY HELPS point made which guild has more dedicated players ,ones that will not quit the game coz it repeats over and over again and players that spend a lot of moeny for pots mounts thirst and gear WILL WIN.
So dear Lord Arse i say gz for having such ppl now live whit the fact that 80% of your players are shroomers and you made a huge gap and that its not really ok imo for you to ask for lower ranked guilds 2 merge so we can bring a lil bit more fun in your life
The Following User Says Thank You to Gdark For This Useful Post:
DominicS (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 09:03 AM
Blacksmith

Well Gdark, you've actually got your history of S5 somewhat wrong (I know, I was in the thick of it) but I'm not going to bother explaining it out other than to say that Teifi didn't disband it was WILLCRUSH who did (partly due lack of leadership and partly due to a well thought out mail I sent out) and we gained from them, moving us up from 3rd to 1st and we've been there ever since.

Anyway, seeing as you guys are happy enough floating around the middle of the top 10, we've decided to take it upon ourselves to wake up the server. Stay tuned
Old 03-12-2012, 08:14 AM
Blacksmith

Well it seems like you are playing Monopoly whit ppl that are willing 2 give anything 2 get in top what ever about us "floating" yes i am happy where we are coz WE DID IT ON OUR OWN,i recruited every person in my guild and we did improve our toons and guild by effort.
True it was Willcrush and Teifi had emo thing going about oktoberfest right where the leader left guild and some stoped playing the came back and so on i didnt miss by much.
That tells a lot about top guilds doesnt it....
I am not gonna take you comments egoistic "floating" and such as i said early plz be aware of 1 fact YOU ARE THERE COZ YOU HAVE MORE MONEY the rest of the server and ITS NOT SKILL ITS MONEY
How do you like them apples hahaha
I am fine whit your shaking things up yeah and that means giving some of your players for a while 2 lower guilds but i will never do that if its not a in real life friend of some1 in the guild.
Dont take me wrong but i dont like charity and i wish you all the best in real life and in game take care m8

Regards Gdark