Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default le me ranting about the tower

The tower is pretty and all, and I think it brings some freshness to the game.

The reason I decided to post this was to make sure other people agreed with me or to ear the opinions of those who don't.

I say if you are a player aiming for the top spot on the Hall of Fame or to do your best in contribution for the guild. The tower will just provide a waste of time and money. The rewards received from the tower hardly seem fitting for a player your level.

I may be wrong because I already had strong characters and I only rushed through the first easy levels of the tower, perhaps that is why I haven't earned any interesting item. But even if I ever do I doubt it may be worth it all the trouble and wasted money, buying gear for the companions and to level them up.

Regardless of my opinion about the tower I still find it interesting and new. And I'd like to say Kudos to the team for putting together this preciousness to the game.

-> properly allowed to brag for winning the HOLY F.A.Q contest with a General F.A.Q.
Old 01-10-2013, 05:43 PM
Adventurer

There are a couple problems with the tower

1-If you arent a warrior, your warrior in your group doesnt ever get a shield
2-You cant ever get weapons/armour for your own class

That said, its another simple/fun waste of time and the devs did a pretty good job when designing and implementing it.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post

That said, its another simple/fun waste of time and the devs did a pretty good job when designing and implementing it.

1-Even if you are a warrior you can't get a shield for your warrior as they said when it was announced.

2-If you think about it getting gear for your own class is the easiest but most expensive they can get you old gear and you can buy equipment in the shop for him.

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (01-11-2013)
Old 01-14-2013, 01:53 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I think the tower adds a good reward to players. The scrapbook provides xp, the tower provides gold. And if you are lucky you might even get a new epic you can use (talking about the +all stat ones on ring/neck/something).

So.. more gold - rare change of an epic - extra stuff to do! what is there not to like?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gynx View Post

That follower warrior is damn powerful though (a bit OP if you ask me). On all 4 servers i play he drops bombs like no tomorrow (equally geared to the other classes).
Old 05-20-2013, 02:47 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
1-Even if you are a warrior you can't get a shield for your warrior as they said when it was announced.
I checked the announcement forum, and I couldn't find anything related to non-warriors getting a shield for their warrior follower.

A warrior player can easily equip his follower with a shield, just by handing the follower the shield he is currently using. Am I wrong about that?

A mage or archer player can't get a shield from the shop, and can't get one from the toilet -- the ONLY way for a non-warrior to get a shield for his follower is to hope for a random shield drop in the Tower itself. I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.

I'm not worried about it myself, but it seemed like you didn't understand what the original poster was saying.
Old 05-20-2013, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydance View Post
I checked the announcement forum, and I couldn't find anything related to non-warriors getting a shield for their warrior follower.

A warrior player can easily equip his follower with a shield, just by handing the follower the shield he is currently using. Am I wrong about that?

A mage or archer player can't get a shield from the shop, and can't get one from the toilet -- the ONLY way for a non-warrior to get a shield for his follower is to hope for a random shield drop in the Tower itself. I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.

I'm not worried about it myself, but it seemed like you didn't understand what the original poster was saying.

I know it is there somewhere most likely in the discussion thread but as I play all 3 classes over the different servers I know for a fact no class can get a shield for there warrior companion which makes if fair for those people who play non-warriors. If you notice the red line thru the box where the shield would go that means it is an un-used box hence no shield.

So to be sure there is no misunderstanding what I just wrote if you are a mage, scout or warrior your warrior companion will never have a shield no way no how just not possible.

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 05-20-2013 at 03:51 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:24 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydance View Post
I'm on level 35 myself, and my Mage still hasn't found a shield for his follower.
This might be a bit offtopic, but how do you have a companion on lvl 35?
Tower is unlocked after 9th dungeon, right?
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician
Old 06-18-2013, 06:55 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I believe Skydance was saying level 35 of the Enchanted Tower, not the character's level.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:57 AM
Mushroom Collector

Hahah, my mistake
S2. UK - Jovansa- Hunter/Scout
S28. DE -StormRage- Magician