Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 08:06 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Default Unwise to unlock scrolls with low nonus ?

Now most or all bonus types are verified and here is what most active players should consider. Story behind, I was asked to sit and reequip + fully stock potions for months for a player on weekend holiday. After finding the 1 unlocked scroll every 5 pages instead of potions or equip it was quite disappointing for his spend on turning pages

EXP at Level 300+ 6xx Exp-bonus / Quest scaled by Level
Gold at Level 300+ 6xxx silver-bonus / Quest scaled by Level

weapon = + 1% crit damage
http://abload.de/image.php?img=rollering7isxx.jpg
talisman = 5% items in quest --> 5% more quests against EXP type player that is shopping for items

-------
4 of 9 little to no value but taking 4 chances of drinks or epics in magic shop, as the scrolls all are listed there at random --> Bonus turns Nonus

--> PRICE: the gold scroll is regained by bnous after > 14 weeks, as at level
4123 Quests are needed to regain 325000 Gold as shop price

1 beer: ok
gloves: nope
--
6 of 9

room for edits:

consider how the effects are on your playing style, if this remains unpatched.

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer

Last edited by Ragorth the Vengeful; 12-08-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:00 PM
Crusader

this is a bit hard to follow. Are you saying that high level players might be better off if we did not unlock the scrolls, or that individual players might be better off not buying particular scrolls? Because an individual player has little effect on what the server as a whole does. My total donations to the cauldron probably add up to less than 1/10th of 1%.
Old 12-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Wannabe Griffin

yeah I'm quite a fact person - I shared information timely because I see it quite negative

I personnaly think every player is better off with unlocking only the beer scroll, since that is not possible I would vote for declining donating to the witch until the bonus system is worth a net gain.

I don't play any longer, so it is up to the still gaming to either accept all the downsides (like 8 bogus items in magic shop reducing chances for wanted items) or form a server alliance to boycott this.
It gets indirectly more expensive ...

other Options out:
some guaranteed slots for potions and equip, like 4 + 4 instead of 6
where 4 are randomized as today and 4 don't have the scrolls in their random list.

> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

Old 12-08-2013, 06:48 AM
Crusader

seems to me the scroll that cuts the length of each quest by 30 seconds is clearly desirable. The one that allows you to buy an extra beer is only desirable if (1) you already waste 5 hours a day here and (2) you are a masochist and want to waste 5 hours 20 minutes per day. But that is just my opinion.

Regardless, the cauldron on server 1 is now 99% full, and the first scroll will be unlocked today whether I like it or not.

Last edited by spiny norman; 12-08-2013 at 06:50 AM.
Old 12-08-2013, 08:16 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
seems to me the scroll that cuts the length of each quest by 30 seconds is clearly desirable. The one that allows you to buy an extra beer is only desirable if (1) you already waste 5 hours a day here and (2) you are a masochist and want to waste 5 hours 20 minutes per day. But that is just my opinion.

Regardless, the cauldron on server 1 is now 99% full, and the first scroll will be unlocked today whether I like it or not.
Wish you good luck with the 1st scroll, hopefully it is a good one.

On the other thoughts, a different viewpoint including a possible improvement:
As you save no adventure thirst but only mini 30 second real time it is not desirable (honestly most should play the game beside work if doing 300 thirst either via pc or mobile) - this is the other opinion and as you see 20 min more or if happy hour player 2-5 shroom more for the most gain in % over all scrolls is the main benefit - but I see the $ in turning pages with several scrolls unlocked ...
if the scroll would yield something different like level/10 % real time reduction, that would be a nice bonus and scaled with level = player with most time invested save most time = fair

Old 12-08-2013, 09:24 AM
Crusader

The extra beer will cost at a minimum 1 extra mushroom and 3 or more if the extra quests get skipped. Cutting each quest by 30 seconds makes it easier to complete 300 min of training in a day and therefore decreases the need to skip quests due to time constraints.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:22 AM
Blacksmith

I mentioned before that the scrolls will probably decrease chace for potions.
However it's quite possible that theres a chance for scroll and after that it rolls which one it will be. That would mean that unlocking one or all makes no difference.

But altogether i agree - toilet patch was made for schroomers, but at least it was useful. This one on the other hand is just a way of milking them.