Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 10-31-2011, 03:39 AM
Adventurer

Seems the event is over now. I started my work shift @ ~10pm last night to complete ~6am today. I did not receive the 5x Guard Duty amount. Quest gold values seem to have returned to normal. Banners are down in the tavern and the bartender is missing his big gold "!".'

Bummer!
Old 10-31-2011, 03:58 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
Seems the event is over now. I started my work shift @ ~10pm last night to complete ~6am today. I did not receive the 5x Guard Duty amount. Quest gold values seem to have returned to normal. Banners are down in the tavern and the bartender is missing his big gold "!".'

Bummer!
G'dam, sonofawitch.... I 'knew' that's how it would go down...

Meh... what's new? They bunged it up once more...

(And I even took the pains to explain to them how to read a watch face in the simplest possible terms - with the 'fat, short stick,' and the 'long, skinny stick,' so they'd have no trouble understanding...
Bleh, all for nought, it seems, another waisted effort to educate 'the hapless on the beach' ... *sigh*)

Stoic about, it, or jaded - used to it by now - but still feeling slightly disappointed...

Thanks, Darstad - our shifts will not end for hours yet, but I know what to expect...

@Playa: I suggest you bring this event back, announce its starting time properly, and then... do it right!

If something goes wrong prior to the roll-out of any such timed event, please, please, do the right thing: postpone it till the next regularly scheduled server day and thirst reset.
Darstard (10-31-2011), DominicS (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 05:03 AM
Blacksmith

Angry

I am going to start to be a "playa" hater soon. (I need a better FURIOUS emoticon).

I woke up early this morning JUST so I could get in some questing before the server reset....only to find out that not only had they done away with the 5x gold bonus, but that the guard duty that I was on DID NOT pay out the 5x bonus (helluva time for Bullbound to be right).

You know, I am not really bothered by the fact that we missed out on 13 hours of the gold bonus, or the fact that my guard duty didn't pay off the gold bonus this morning or even that I woke up early to get in some questing before I thought they were going to change it back but what REALLY ticks me off is the extremely shoddy implementation of this bonus and the lack of communication, or just out and out lying of Playa regarding this whole situation. .

Be upfront about it, if you weren't going to extend it, say that. By putting out misinformation you are screwing up a lot of your loyal fan base in the US because they will then tailor their questing/guard duty around your lies. When your lies face the morning light....how do you expect your players...YOUR customer base....to react?

I am just so frustrated and disappointed.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (10-31-2011)
Old 10-31-2011, 06:19 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Pretty sad

that when they found the errors, they still didn't honor the 48 hours. Didn't recieve any bonus late Friday or early Saturday morning/afternoon (MT). Couldn't login yesterday due to winds knocking down trees and of course, log into my acct this morning to find the guard duty still was at normal rate. Obviously the devs idea of a 48 hour period I guess isn't the same as the normal world!
The Following User Says Thank You to tomvilfroy For This Useful Post:
ToscanToss (10-31-2011)