Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you think members are quitting legitimately or quitting because of being banned?
Legitimately - Good Luck In Your Other Ventures 20 31.25%
Banhammer - Good Riddance 18 28.13%
Who Cares - Either Way I'm Gaining Ground! 26 40.63%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Default So many people quitting S&F - Do you think its a coincidence?

Oktoberfest = October 2011
The Banhammer Cometh = November 2011
# of people quitting the forum = on the rise
Coincidence?
Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 PM
Blacksmith

Talking

lol. I am sorry, I know you wanted this to be a serious poll, but I couldn't help but choose the last option given. (It looks like I wasn't the only one!)

Imho, I think the Banhammer has a lot to do with it, because rather than simply leave the game, those players about to be nailed (ya gotta love the pun! ) think up a slew of other excuses and reasons about why they are leaving. Often being belligerent and accusatory during their departure. I see it A LOT irl when you catch an employee stealing from you. Rather than admit their shortcomings and apologize, they get extremely defensive and argumentative.

In short, if I had a second vote, it would be for the banhammer reason.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
Nemorka (11-08-2011), Salantos (11-07-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 03:43 AM
Stable Boy

its all online games problem -quiting players, and thats because ppl usually get bored of game, if the game not offer any news to interest players they usually quit game one day, atm im bored here too, but last update give somethink for game and i hope they will do some newies in future
Old 11-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

People quit cause the game is too simple and boring
Old 11-08-2011, 07:43 AM
Adventurer

People have also been know to stop playing complex and exciting games, Visitor.....
but thank you for your contribution.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:49 AM

thats what makes the game fun is that it is simple imo. that anyone can just jump in and play without having to read a 500 page manual just to get started. plus the friendship i have made here i hope will last beyond the game

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (11-08-2011), DominicS (11-08-2011)
Old 11-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
Imho, I think the Banhammer has a lot to do with it, because rather than simply leave the game, those players about to be nailed (ya gotta love the pun! ) think up a slew of other excuses and reasons about why they are leaving. Often being belligerent and accusatory during their departure.
@like-minded people: Don't judge all people based on your experience with a few people. Sure, for some this may be true, but players ARE allowed to leave when THEY see fit. To put them down like above, without any solid proof, is going too far imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicS View Post
I see it A LOT irl when you catch an employee stealing from you. Rather than admit their shortcomings and apologize, they get extremely defensive and argumentative.
Then you handle this in a sub-optimal way. If you have solid proof, the point should be clear and there should be no room for arguments. People only argue if you let them.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Blacksmith

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cregan View Post
@like-minded people: Don't judge all people based on your experience with a few people. Sure, for some this may be true, but players ARE allowed to leave when THEY see fit. To put them down like above, without any solid proof, is going too far imo.
Whoa, ease off your soap box there for a minute Cregan! If you would have actually read my post, I do believe I said "the players about to nailed" not all. Only a fool would make absolute statements.

And I was NOT putting ANYONE down. I just made a general statement. If you read more into it than that, then that says more about YOU than it does about what I wrote.

As to your general argumentative/defensive tone, to paraphrase the Bard "methinks he doth protest too much".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cregan
Then you handle this in a sub-optimal way. If you have solid proof, the point should be clear and there should be no room for arguments. People only argue if you let them.
...where to begin with this erroneous statement? Having dealt with the public for most of my adult life, one thing is for certain, people will argue regardless of whether there is "room" for arguments or not, ESPECIALLY when they are in the wrong. This goes from the person caught speeding on the highway, to the person taking a cup of ice from a convenience store without paying simply because they think it is "just ice".

And in closing I just want to thank you for taking a light hearted response and demonizing it. If you have a guilty conscience I suggest you confess your sins to Itzkoopa instead of trolling my post. Thank you.

Last edited by DominicS; 11-08-2011 at 04:01 PM. Reason: Missed a "quote" mark.
The Following User Says Thank You to DominicS For This Useful Post:
Rizathivax (11-12-2011)
Old 11-12-2011, 12:50 PM
Adventurer

Then you have people who argue because they think it is fun.

I think trolling forums falls into that section.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rizathivax For This Useful Post:
DominicS (11-12-2011), Sam (11-12-2011)
Old 11-13-2011, 01:45 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I'd say sf is not that much of a interactive game. You have a guild you chat with them from time to time and that's pretty much it. If it were a game that depends on the number of people playing for better game play then I would be concerned.