Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 11-16-2011, 03:02 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Calling it crappy is unfair. It's situational.

The way it's coded is to roll on each fight, so technically that was correct. However, I can see the plight there. I'll add a unique factor to the list of suggestions for the feature.

Still combining everything, so keep it coming.
Old 11-16-2011, 07:31 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Hello all,

Our experience with the catapult has been to see low level members of opposing guilds hit, sometimes twice, and all mushrooms gone before we get near the top of their lineup where it would prove most effective.

Would it be possible for the catapult to randomly select 3 different members of the opposing roster to hit before the battle starts? This would at least make a good distribution of damage more likely than whatever the current method.

Adea =)
The Following User Says Thank You to Adea For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (12-02-2011)
Old 11-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Mushroom Collector

I use the term crappy because it has been crappy for us every time. I have been stupidly wasting mushies to further prove my theory. Whatever they are doing to determine the use causes it to happen in the beginning. The past 2 battles it has hit the bottom 5 or 6, no higher.

Hopefully someone at Playa is tracking the use and distribution so they can either prove their algorithm is sound or acknowledge that the distribution is bunk and they need to make adjustments. At a minimum it should not waste 2 mushies on 1 person, even if that means the top player could get hit twice.

So, it may or may not be a crappy feature but it has been crappy for our guild.
Old 11-17-2011, 10:07 PM
Blacksmith

We determined from the very beginning that it would be a waste of shrooms for our guild. We used it once, and enjoyed the bouncy sound, then decided to use our shrooms to level up instead. -_-;

Edit: btw, our guild is beating yours again lol
Old 11-23-2011, 10:15 AM
Adventurer

There are some guilds that have over-donated shrooms and so they are just sitting there..the fungi are over-ripe!
some have..well..hundreds.
The developers finally created a way for guilds to utilise them with the shroom-catapult.
I agree..its useless FOR NOW.
Perhaps they will make some tweaks that either up the damage, make them cost less, make it so they randomly only attack the last 25% of a guild (more powerful part), or allow them to be used in a dungeon raid (my vote!).
The Following User Says Thank You to Gynx For This Useful Post:
Lady Java (11-24-2011)
Old 11-26-2011, 11:45 AM
Stable Boy

Location: I have made a home among the rocks and caves a short distance outside the gates of town.

As a premium it's disappointing. The sound is neat, but there's not even a portrait of it as it attacks, just a fast orange thing drops and that it.

It would be nice if the shroom-a-pult had it's own portrait, launch animation, then the impact animation/sound.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:54 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by nNelg View Post
I use the term crappy because it has been crappy for us every time. I have been stupidly wasting mushies to further prove my theory. Whatever they are doing to determine the use causes it to happen in the beginning. The past 2 battles it has hit the bottom 5 or 6, no higher.
From what I have been told, the dice roll happens on each player, starting like the font, lowest to highest. This is why the lowbies are getting hit so often.

The dice roll should be modified to pick 3 random people from the list and assault them, not roll on each individual player until the mushrooms are gone.
Old 12-02-2011, 12:04 PM
Mushroom Collector

If one player can be hit multiple times, then, yes

If one player sould be hit only once then this shouldn't make a diference.
Old 08-16-2012, 11:51 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nNelg View Post
Well, here is another complaint on this crappy feature:
I had 1 attacker get hit by 2 mushrooms, once for each person the attacker engaged on our side. That makes it even more lame - a low-level getting hit by 2 mushrooms.

Our last battle - the 3 lowest players got hit. So I do not know how the random gods are invoked but they are definitely frowning on our guild's use of the catapult. The mushrooms are used long before any high level players get involved.
My guildmates told me the catapult was a waste of time because it always attacked low level players. I decided to try it and see for myself. Loaded 3 mushrooms against a 40 player guild. 2 mushrooms launched against player #40, and 1 against player #38.

I doubt I'll be spending more mushrooms any time soon on this poorly engineered piece of junk. The chance of it tipping a battle against any but the smallest, most evenly balanced guilds would appear to be minute.
Old 08-17-2012, 05:56 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Did you hit the skip button at all? The catapult should only attack a player 1 time total. Holding Bay has used it to tip several fights lately and we have had quite a bit of success. It attacks 3 different targets, one time each. It usually doesn't make it past the half way point of the opposing guild, but that is because of how the catapult is programmed.

Each time the enemy comes up to fight, the game does something to randomly decide if the catapult will fire or not. If it comes up that the catapult should fire, then it does so before any attacks can occur. Due to it not picking 3 random enemies at the start, you are more likely to see it at the start of a fight than at the end. However, the animations do get screwy if you use the skip button.