Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 02-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Please explain this and battles suchwise...?!

Do I have the problem understanding this game or what? I have read a lot about it here on forum and other sites...and I thought I understood the game absolutely...but things like this are ruining the gameplay satisfaction totaly!!

Please give me some reasonable explanation considering this arena fight, since all atributes are on my side...and dont tell me please it was LUCK, cause it would be a bit much! It was not so short battle and not so much criticals, its that he/she had me damiging almost every single time he put the bow in his/her hands, and had evaded my hits almost every single time I shoot....?

here's link

http://i1183.photobucket.com/albums/.../sranjejpg.png

Cheers to all S&F players!
Old 02-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Blacksmith

I'm not on s7 so I can't check but it could be that they have a far superior weapon. You could have been hitting at the low end of your damage range while they were hitting at the high end of theirs. Which unfortunately is luck. But check players of similar level and see how your weapon measures up. Could just be you need an upgrade.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaxem For This Useful Post:
DominicS (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Mate, as I stated before, I almost wasn't hitting at all, it was all evaded by him, and I was getting almost every hit...thats the problem! So its not the high or low dmg, or weapon superiority. Dmg was lets say average on the both sides and its not the issue...
Old 02-20-2012, 02:02 PM
Supreme Adventurer

That really is luck. You will have fights where you evade almost every attack too. Warriors and Scouts have their respective 25% and 50% chances, but it is just that, chance. It doesn't effect individual players alone either. Holding Bay had an attempt on the next dungeon where we had the boss monster down to about 200 hp. The next fight, with the same fighters and better gear and better stats and better potions, the boss monster had about 2,000,000 hp.
Old 02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Blah...while I'm reading this I'm having one of THE fights! This really is a big BS, really thinking of leaving game cause of this so called 'luck'! Why the hell I have the 'luck' ability in chars, when there luck even much stronger which can not be bilt up... Great stupidity if U ask me. I groove my character so that some noobie could beat me like its nothing. Just great ad to playability! :\

Last edited by bobo baggins; 02-20-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 05:59 PM

Equipment can also make the difference like armor and weapons. If they have better armor they take less damage if they have better weapons they inflict more damage, and the 2 combined could be the difference.

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-20-2012, 10:27 PM
Adventurer

You picked a Scout, which has the biggest variance in the game. You gain the advantage of being able to win fights no other class could (great for hitting high dungeons and high level opponents), but at the cost of sometimes loosing to opponents you "shouldn't" loose to.
You want the minimize that variance? Restart as a mage.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:45 PM
Adventurer

The stats really aren't that far apart.
-You have slightly more dex. (the most important stat here)
-You have higher hp, but not extremely so. Scout battles are the most random, so the HP difference isn't that much.
-You have higher luck, but luck is level dependent, the higher level your opponent is, the less effective your luck is.
-Int and Str don't matter considering you are taking on a fellow scout. So, even though those are much higher, they matter none at all.
-Then there is also the matter of armour and weapon damage. He might have higher armour than you (which is also level dependent, less effective against higher levels)
And the weapon damage, besides higher dps, a higher range can matter a lot, too. If you have a tight range and he a long range, you might do a max of 2k while he does a max of 4k. (But even then, it's still all random.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Vizari For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (02-21-2012), iTZKooPA (02-21-2012)
Old 02-21-2012, 01:53 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darstard View Post
You picked a Scout, which has the biggest variance in the game. You gain the advantage of being able to win fights no other class could (great for hitting high dungeons and high level opponents), but at the cost of sometimes loosing to opponents you "shouldn't" loose to.
You want the minimize that variance? Restart as a mage.
Dastard, thats the answer I was looking for! Thx for the simplicity and precision!

@Others, thanks a lot, but U are mostly talking like I wrote the post on japanese, not plain english. I understand my english is not as good as it should be, but I think its pretty understandable.

Nontheless, thanks to all! Btw, I really think that the game is badass imbalanced with the mages. They are simply far too stronger then the other 2 races, PERIOD.
Old 02-21-2012, 03:22 PM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

The game becomes better balanced in later levels, for a handful of reasons.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DeadMeat (02-21-2012)