Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Accolades & Critics

Notices

Old 07-29-2012, 11:13 AM
Ksana

Default Epics cost too much gold

I find it more and more challenging to renew all my outfit during Epic weekend cause I just don't get enough gold from quests/city guard.

Last Epic weekend I hardly mange to pay for the last item I needed.
This weekend I used 300 thirst/day (gold quests both days) and I still need 2 new items. I don't have any gold left, so no sense to refresh shops.
It's frustrating.

10 mil gold per Epic is way too much!
Old 07-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksana View Post
I find it more and more challenging to renew all my outfit during Epic weekend cause I just don't get enough gold from quests/city guard.

Last Epic weekend I hardly mange to pay for the last item I needed.
This weekend I used 300 thirst/day (gold quests both days) and I still need 2 new items. I don't have any gold left, so no sense to refresh shops.
It's frustrating.

10 mil gold per Epic is way too much!
If you're clever you'll float the extra gold you made 2 weeks before
Old 07-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Crusader

doesn't gold max out at 10 million? meaning that if it really costs him 10 million gold per epic, it would be impossible for him to stash more than a single epic's worth.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
DominicS (07-29-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 12:18 PM
Ksana

Gold is indeed capped at 10 mil, and I was "clever" enough to have 8 just before the epic weekend reset (2 mil isn't enough to buy an epic anyway).

I think that epics cost are overinflated at higher levels by mistake. I recall 1st Epic weekend (on Christmas), when I went my usual XP over gold questing strategy (I didn't have any savings, ofc) and I had no problems to replace items that come from weapons shop on Sat and items that come from Magic shop on Sun. That's how it was meant to be, imo.

However, Epics cost/gold rewards get unbalanced after lvl 300 (or little bit earlier) and this should be fixed.
Old 07-29-2012, 02:13 PM
Fidget's Griffin

show a screenshot of a 10,000,000 gold epic

I am almost 300 and I only needed 10,000,000 to get a full epic set this weekend.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (07-30-2012)
Old 07-29-2012, 02:17 PM
Crusader

so how much does each epic cost in gold? At level 179 I was running into difficulty with too little gold as well, although I did not hoard it to start. Early epics cost only about 65-125K gold, but the last to drop was 350K. still pretty steep when a gold-weighted 10 min quest only nets me about 60K
Old 07-29-2012, 03:01 PM

Well for me even my highest level toons which are 282 and 283 epics were costing me between 1-3 million. I did have a couple show up that didn't need shrooms and they were about 8 million gold.

have fun, fight hard, die honorably

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 07-29-2012, 08:28 PM
Mushroom Collector

At level 306 I had epics this weekend that were 10,000,000 gold. Even worse, most of them were only +5-6 stat points over the epics I had from the last epic weekend. I can't wait until lvl 350 when the epics will be 10mil gold for a +1 three stat epic.
Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Ksana

Quote:
show a screenshot of a 10,000,000 gold epic
I will next Epic weekend unless it gets fixed.

Quote:
I am almost 300 and I only needed 10,000,000 to get a full epic set this weekend.
For 300+ epics cost 3-4 mil. + 15 shrooms (the cheapest one was 2.9 mil +15 shrooms, weapons being the most expensive cost up to 6 mil + 15 shrooms), or 10 mil without shrooms.

For 10 mil you can buy only 1 weapon and 1 other item or 3 non-weapon epics as a maximum. Looks like you're not that "almost" 300.
(idk your level, but let's say 290 is not "almost" 300 - it's good 4 months to level 300, besides costs/rewards could switch to different growth rates EXACTLY as you hit 300, same as XP/min)

Gold only epics are not that rare as you may think (idk how many popped up, but I bought 3 epics for 10 mil each during the weekend). 4 mil is also a lot given that I spend 15 shrooms.
Old 07-30-2012, 07:26 AM
Stable Boy

Enough gold is hard to come by on epic weekends. This past weekend 3-stat epics cost from 1.8 and 10 mil. each. Some of these had no shroom cost. The gold problem is magnified because at times you end up buying more than one epic for the same slot. That is because a better one shows up for the same slot after you already spent millions on that slot.

While I don't expect these other things to change; I'd like to suggest them:
1. Get rid of the all luck and all stat epics (at least on epic weekends.) I suppose some like to buy these for some character building reason; but they are aggravating to anyone trying to strengthen their character.

2. I know all about the randomness of stats for gear. But why would you have +390 3-stat epics for warriors with only 1500 or so in armor value showing up? There should be a minimum armor value for gear set every 50 or 100 levels. I don't know how the other classes feel about armor values; but it sure isn't fun passing on a good item because it's armor value suits a level 100 character and has level 300+ stats.