Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 01:32 AM
Dummy

Default Experience Or Gold

I have talked to alot of players now and i get probly 50-50 answers on wich you should be going for. I personaly go for the exp. unless there is just a great amount of gold on a quest. I guess my question is would it be better to level up slower and up my attrabutes with the gold, or level up.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:45 AM
Adventurer

Personally, I've found that I'm able to get enough gold to keep boosting my stats while taking the quests with the most xp. There's no right way to do it.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaidah For This Useful Post:
VDAshooter (01-29-2012)
Old 05-13-2010, 05:27 AM
Dummy

Depends on luck I guess, for me going all exp worked well untill my current level as I started failing missions though rarely, now i'm doing a bit more cash missions to balance it out. Depends alot on your lock though, if you can get good gear, especially a good weapon...
Old 05-13-2010, 06:12 AM
Wannabe Griffin

I would say exp, gold gain is exponential, the faster you grow, the faster you get gold.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:05 AM
Supreme Adventurer

I went gold for the most part, and have found that I can beat folks a good number of levels higher than me. Yes, it is slower, but in guild fights it also allows me to take out and/or weaken folks for those much higher level than me. Gold gain isn't exponential though, as Gensou stated. It is actually a ration of gold:level. Higher levels will gain more gold faster, but going for most exp only will result in you being higher level and squishy in guild wars.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:14 AM
Adventurer

I usually go for experience, but every so often i'll do a big gold reward quest to spend it on stats. When I was just going for experience before, I was advancing really quickly but my stats were suffering. I couldn't keep up with anyone at my level, and I started losing all of my arena fights. But now my stats are pretty kick-ass again (for the moment), and I'm back to winning most of the time.

Except when people 4 levels higher than me attack me. Then I lose again :P
Old 05-13-2010, 07:53 AM
Adventurer

Bullbound and Cashew, are either of you mages or scouts? My warrior has had no problems keeping up with others my level, even with focusing on experience over gold. Now, to be fair to your point Bullbound, I'm not blowing out opponants (in fact I won an arena match this morning with only 315hp left) but Daywasters isn't really doing guild wars either.

I guess it all depends on what you, and your guild, want to focus on.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 05-13-2010, 09:36 AM
Adventurer

i'm a scout. Generally, scouts blow. I wish I had decided to be a warrior at the beginning, because they seem to be decent all the way through the progression of the game.

If, as a scout, you don't get obscenely high HP very quickly you can kiss your ability to fight goodbye. Mages can three-shot you, and warriors have so many more HP than scouts do (in general) that they just plain last longer.

So now I'm either getting better at choosing my targets (and others are getting worse at choosing me as a target), or my scout is pretty damn good as far as scouts my level go.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:03 AM
Mushroom Collector

One of the perks of levelling up fast isn't just that the general gold income from quests are higher, but also that your city guarding gives more money pr hour. If you play efficiently, you should be able to do a lot of guarding hours every day, enough to give you quite a few stat points from that alone.

I'd also suggest joining a good guild!
Old 05-13-2010, 10:19 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Scout. But I whoop on a lot of warriors and mages