Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffletrout View Post
If you play efficiently, you should be able to do a lot of guarding hours every day, enough to give you quite a few stat points from that alone.
In other words "if you either don't have a job or if you have a job where you're allowed to be on the internet all day".

Many of us do not fall into that category :P
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
In other words "if you either don't have a job or if you have a job where you're allowed to be on the internet all day".

Many of us do not fall into that category :P
Not really, if you time it well it shouldn't be a problem. Put on Guarding before you go to work, usually a work day is not over 10 hrs. Come back home, finish your thirst, put on guarding, and time it so that you'll guard the whole night and put on guarding again before you leave home in the morning.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:16 AM
Blacksmith

Actually you could also fall into to category of your job just is timed well.
I was student teaching and put in 20 hours of work for the city guard. As long as my character was guarding around 9pm I could put her on a 10 hour shift then when I woke up I got rid of the gold however I wanted and then put her on another 10 hour shift. She would be done about 30 min after I got home from work. Then I just had to put her in quests until 9 again. While she was questing I would do other things like grade papers and write lesson plans. I finished my student teaching last Friday though so now my schedule isn't so set in stone.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:51 AM
Adventurer

and for me: I get up, spend my gold from my 10 hr shift if I started it early enough. Oh, and if I get up late enough. I go to "work", where I work from anywhere between 10 and 16 hours. But I have the internet at work, so I can randomly do quests while I'm waiting for my gel to run, my PCR to finish, my extraction to incubate, my students to sit their asses in their chairs, etc etc etc. And then I get home. And I mark, mark, mark, mark, read a bunch of papers about boring crap, write some exams, study for my own exams, write, analyze my data I gathered the same day, mark, write, read. Oh, and if I remember, I get in to bed before midnight to do it again the next day.

Some jobs aren't 9-5, 8-5, or 7-5 :P
Old 05-13-2010, 12:07 PM
Wannabe Griffin

I like to mix it up... If I see a big difference in Exp or Gold, I go for that but sometimes you get both in the same mission, so that works also.
Old 05-13-2010, 01:00 PM
Mushroom Collector

Cashew, that has nothing to do with "if you either don't have a job or if you have a job where you're allowed to be on the internet all day", like you said.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Blacksmith

Its simple for me : Exp adventures (except ones with item drops ), working 20 hours and rest of time is spent on battles. It's working out pretty nice so far.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:39 PM
Blacksmith

Sounds like my strategy, goku.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:53 PM
Wannabe Griffin

gold gain is exponential, the rate at which you gain gold is much higher as you level. Also, if you go for only level, even if you are squishy for you level, you aren't squishy against lower levels. Levels give you to access better gear, gives you more hp, better damage reduction advantage.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:03 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gensou View Post
I would say exp, gold gain is exponential, the faster you grow, the faster you get gold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gensou View Post
gold gain is exponential, the rate at which you gain gold is much higher as you level. Also, if you go for only level, even if you are squishy for you level, you aren't squishy against lower levels. Levels give you to access better gear, gives you more hp, better damage reduction advantage.
A bit of repetition? The level does not appear to give you damage reduction. I just leveled and my damage reduction went down. If it did, my damage reduction should have gone down. I suspect that it, like critical hits, takes a value and applies it proportionally to the calculation resulting in decreasing benefit as you gain levels.

However, the gear that becomes available does tend to have a higher armor value, resulting in an increase of damage reduction after the purchase, but not due to the level gained. There are disadvantages to leveling, too. Critical hits goes down. It requires more points in luck to keep the same crit rate as you raise your levels. In addition, if you wish to join a guild that wars, being high level but low stat does give the other team an advantage as they can use a lower level to wipe you out and save their higher levels for more challenging members of your guild. If you are lower level with high stats, you can wipe out your enemy's low and mid levels so that the high levels are the only ones that your guild has to worry about. The trade-off is that it can become extremely expensive to raise your stats as you won't earn as much gold per quest or hour of guard work.

An even share or solid strategy if you wish to go with just gold or just experience is helpful too. With just a small amount of planning, it is amazing how versatile both strategies are, but there are faults with both. If people can not come up with a flaw for a strategy, then it probably has not been well thought out as there are flaws with everything.