Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 02-19-2013, 01:40 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Question What is the point in epic items?

I don't get it.
What is the point in epic items?
Is it better to wear epics with different small bonuses than regular items with only one big bonus for main stat?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:09 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Post When does epic being to sound bad?

This a question that raises a discussion I'd like to debate here.

Usually one see's two kinds of items for a equipment slot.
.You can greatly increase a specific stat - +Dex or +Cons or +Luck
.You can use epic items that boost all of the stats or main+cons+luck to a lesser degree.

My question here is, when is +284 (main,cons,luck) better or worse than a 555 main stat?

Would a character be better equipped if focused on his main stat and cons occasionally spending some points in luck and other stats?

Would a character all equipped with epic items become the "jack of all trades, master of none" and loose some damage potential against players and dungeons?

Thanks.

-> properly allowed to brag for winning the HOLY F.A.Q contest with a General F.A.Q.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:15 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Value of epics:

you get no regular item that boosts main + endurance in the same domain
e.g 297+323 vs. 385 @ 3 and vs. 640 in a single stat.

with higher level especially the endurance bonus of warriors kicks in (Raid opponents, Dungeon Opponents) and the choice is: 1 more round for high final round damage or some K dmg more per round.
You see: mage -> epics else you are early down, hunter -> more rounds equals a smaller luck requirement in evasion (+ luck bonus for crits) and warrior is more flexible (you should calculate what you give up in HP vs. what you gain in offense)

Leaving based on activity decline

Officer in the Top 1 guild and sort of co-leader for > 1.5 years
> Lvl 300 10/30/12 as 17th player (stopping financing)
> 17/5xK is either a sign for a superior player or the warning sign for the deaths of many before

> 11/23/13 retiring as guild officer
Old 02-19-2013, 07:25 PM

Ok I merged both thread together as they are close enough in topic to do so.

The part on if it is better to have a 1 stat/main stat items over epics most top players will tell you no if I can save millions of gold to boost 3 or 5 stats compared to 1 stat.

As for when you should change out an epic for a normal item this is what I was told by ppl when I first started and have told those you don't refresh shops for upgraded epics. If the normal items stat it 2 time the stat bonus of a 3 stat epic of 2-1/2 of a 5 stat epic then you should consider changing the item out.

And the final part where if would it be better to have all normal items or all epic check the top players on the server(s) you are on I would say about 85%-95% have all epics but weapon or all epics.

Hope this helps both of you out.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 02-20-2013, 03:01 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I can not bend the brain and find out what is still better.
But by your advice looked at the top ten players of the server and roughly understood which way is worth to go ...
Old 02-21-2013, 08:35 AM
Wannabe Griffin

It's actually a matter of choice really. When you fight against your own class (lets assume you are a warrior), the best gear to wear against another warrior is full Strength items. The more Strength you have, the more damage you will do on your opponent, BUT ALSO you will be able to reduce the damage you receive from him. When fighting other classes (scout or mage), a really high strength stat is not as important as "spreading" your item bonuses (like an epic does). That is because when fighting other classes, your strength stat does not reduce the damage you get from them, and also the higher the stat, the less increase it gives you on your damage....

So in conclusion: If you are warrior fighting warrior: Preferable to have 10.000 strength and 5.000 Constitution (random numbers, just pointing out that it is better to have 1 stat item).

If you are warrior fighting mage or scout: Preferable to have 7.500 strength and 7.500 Constitution (again random numbers, just pointing out that it is better to have epics).

It all comes down to your choice as to what you prefer to be stronger against, your own class or other classes.

High level people prefer the epics of course for two reasons: 1) It is preferable to be stronger against two classes than only against your own class (thus stronger against more people).

2) Epics tend to be more useful against dungeons (both guild dungeons and personal ones) due to the fact that Constitution gives you better survival-ability against bosses (again as mentioned in no.1, its better to be stronger against two types of bosses instead of only your own class).

All in all, it's not a matter of "right" or "wrong", rather than who you want to be able to win easier. Just avoid 2-stat-normal items, those are crappy ones :P
Born: 15/9/10

Last edited by GeorgeKen; 02-21-2013 at 08:37 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:11 PM
Crusader

I would also add:
epics also give you luck. With luck at 50% you will do on average 125% the damage of someone with luck of zero
the sum of the bonuses on epics is much higher than the amount you would get from a single or dual attribute item at the same level. So I can buy an epic with 338 to int, con, and luck, whereas the best I am likely to find for an int-only item is 560-570 or for an int and con item, say, 320 to int and 230 to con.
Old 03-21-2013, 04:13 AM
Mushroom Collector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
...As for when you should change out an epic for a normal item this is what I was told by ppl when I first started and have told those you don't refresh shops for upgraded epics. If the normal items stat it 2 time the stat bonus of a 3 stat epic of 2-1/2 of a 5 stat epic then you should consider changing the item out...
I have a question on this; So If it was an item with 100 to the three main stats (if a mage, Int, Con, Luck,) Would it require a Item with a single main stat, in this case Int, to be 600 ( doubling the combine stats of the other item) or only 200 (doubling only your main stat) to be a better trade?
Old 03-21-2013, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saydian View Post
I have a question on this; So If it was an item with 100 to the three main stats (if a mage, Int, Con, Luck,) Would it require a Item with a single main stat, in this case Int, to be 600 ( doubling the combine stats of the other item) or only 200 (doubling only your main stat) to be a better trade?
For a 3 stat item at 100 a main stat only item would be 200.

now for a 5 stat item at 100 a main stat item only item would need to be 250.

NOTE: these are only guidelines and everyone should choose what works best for themselves.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 06-27-2013 at 07:46 AM. Reason: fixed an error
Old 03-21-2013, 08:25 AM
Crusader

I value main/con/luck/secondary stats at 10/9/5/1. I'm not sure why. I think I read it somewhere, and it seems to work for me.

So a 5 stat item at 100 per would be rated as 100 + 90 + 50 + 10 + 10, or 260. A 3-stat item would be rated 100 + 90 + 50 = 240.

I'm not really sure how to derive the optimal formula, or if the optimal formula differs for different classes. What you'd really like to know is what distribution of spending on stat points gives the best chance of winning battles.

Tags
epic items