Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Strategy & Tactics

Notices

Old 04-13-2015, 08:31 AM

Default "Farm" guilds

I didn't want to hijack the "Save this game" thread.

I'm just curious how that works. No, I'm not interested in having a ... well, I call them feeder guilds.

I only know what I saw for myself.

I saw a top guild make another guild (and a third guild) and put all the lower level members in that second/third guild. Supposedly, the lower levels were supposed to be able to move up into the top guild if someone left or went inactive.

What I ended up seeing is the same people were stuck in the same guilds, even if someone left the top guild, because there was that level 200 that wanted to join from another guild, and well, that level 200 was better than anyone in the "feeder guild" - so those people that were patiently waiting, and hoping to move up into the top guild, well, they got passed over.

And that feeder guild - they never had half the dungeons done. I would think the top players from the top guild would come and help that other guild, seeing as they wanted those players to be there waiting for when they needed to pluck a player.

Yeah, I have a negative view of it, but again, that's just because of what I've seen with my own eyes.

Do these feeder guilds/farm guilds actually ever work the way they are supposed to??
Old 04-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Blacksmith

They call those "feeder guilds" "The academy of [the main guild]". And this mostly happens after a merge of two guilds. Yes the lower levels from both guilds will suffer what you stated above. Luckily in s9, we have a group of "Helpers" from different guilds, we periodically join those "feeder guilds" and help them with the dungeons while their "mother guild" never care to pay a visit.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:09 AM

So, basically what I saw is what happens everywhere ...

Yeah, two observations isn't "everywhere" but I was curious if it was a one-time thing or common.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:20 AM
Blacksmith

It's not very common tho it happens in every server I've played. I've been playing in s3, s9, and s10, and there were at least one or two merges in each server. The sad part of the merging is the lowest levels from both guilds suffer the most, and I was one of them in s10. One day I was in the 2nd guild, the other day I got kicked out with an email telling me to join another "feeder guild". We knew nothing about the merging plan nor did we receive any apology.

Anyway, creating a feeder guild is not a bad thing as long as you have a moral leader to keep a connection between the 2 guilds.
Old 04-15-2015, 02:05 PM
Mushroom Collector

Two words: Guild. Bench.
Old 04-15-2015, 06:37 PM
Blacksmith

we have a sister guild for our lower level members. it worked great for a year or 2 but the bottomline is most lower level members are lower level for a reason. they are not putting the time into their toons. all the ones that put time into their toons were called up. all the others quit. it went about 50/50. it served its purpose but is pretty much dead now. the sad part is still a top 25 guild and could be a top 15 or even 10 if it had a couple more actives.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralff For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (04-15-2015)