Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM
Adventurer

Default No Epic From Final Monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
I think what Lizardjumper23 was trying to say started with his opinion on high luck stated items, the usefulness of epics in general then tied in with the whole 25% epic drop rate in dungeons with the final boss of each being a gauaranteed epic.
Final boss is NOT a guaranteed epic.

So, again, I fail to see the logic of "8 guaranteed epics". I'm a level 80 and I have yet to see my "8 guaranteed epics" on the US server. So if this is the case, I want my 8 epics, dammit!

And just because you have a 25% CHANCE of getting an epic with every dungeon boss you beat, doesn't mean that you will actually get one 25% of the time. Basic math skills FTW.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:11 PM
Adventurer

Cashew, I think we've been over this before. It clearly says in the FAQ that the final boss, the tenth layer monster of each dungeon, is a guarantied epic. It might not be a very good epic but it will have the extra text signifying it is in fact an epic, but it is only guarantied for the final monster. If this is not true you should contact the admin immediately as this is a major bug. The other 9 monsters in the dungeons are a different story. Did you beat 8 dungeons in their entirety by level 80? If so please take a moment to brag.

Dastard, thank you for your offer, but lets see if I was right. It did take me a while to figure where the '8 epics' number came from, which was just a reflection of how it should have gone statistically. I'll be happy to free lance anytime you need though.
Old 08-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairie View Post
Cashew, I think we've been over this before. It clearly says in the FAQ that the final boss, the tenth layer monster of each dungeon, is a guarantied epic. It might not be a very good epic but it will have the extra text signifying it is in fact an epic, but it is only guarantied for the final monster. If this is not true you should contact the admin immediately as this is a major bug. The other 9 monsters in the dungeons are a different story. Did you beat 8 dungeons in their entirety by level 80? If so please take a moment to brag.
Funny, since that's 100% untrue. I've completed 2 dungeons already and haven't had an epic on the 10th boss on either of them. I got an item from the 2nd dungeon (NOT an epic), and gold from the other.

So even though it says that in the game FAQ, it's actually not true. And I'm not the only one that has experienced this, either. Someone else was complaining about not getting an epic from the last boss on the first dungeon, and others pipped up that they didn't, either. This isn't news.

So no need to get your panties tied in a knot, sweetcheeks. When I complete 8 dungeons I'll be back to let you know how many epics I got from final dungeon bosses
Old 08-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Cashew, I just did a search and no one else has said that they did not get an epic from the final, 10th monster. The posts in the past where someone said they had not gotten an epic, they later admitted they had not finished the dungeon. Level 80, if you follow the progression of the dungeons and fight each monster as you match its level, is not 8 dungeons cleared, either. That is only dungeons 1 and 2 cleared (levels 50 and 70 respectively), with 2 monsters left in dungeon 3, 5 left in dungeon 4, 7 left in dungeon 5, and 10 left in dungeons 6 and 7.

The final, 10th boss of every dungeon is coded to drop an epic every time. If it is not, then you have a bug and need to report it.

To address the concern about 80 dungeon levels cleared, here is the count if you go in order of difficulty and that takes you up to, but not including the level 170 boss of dungeon 7:
Dungeon 1 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 2 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 3 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 4 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 5 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 6 - 10/10 cleared
Dungeon 7 - 9/10 cleared
Dungeon 8 - 6/10 cleared
Dungeon 9 - 5/10 cleared
Dungeon 10 - 0/10 cleared
Dungeon 11 - 0/10 cleared
Dungeon 12 - 0/10 cleared

Last edited by Bullbound; 08-18-2010 at 01:38 PM. Reason: typo and math error on dungeon list
The Following User Says Thank You to Bullbound For This Useful Post:
Fairie (08-18-2010)
Old 08-18-2010, 01:52 PM
Adventurer

moreum's response to me is as follows: "Cashew I am not sure but as far as I can recollect my memory in the first dungeon the boss did not yield any epic either for me just experience and gold." You would have seen this response to me if you had of searched for "guaranteed epics" in the search box, clicked on the thread posted by MoneyMaker, and scrolled down to post #7 of the thread.

I had posted, on June 29th, 2001 the following: "I see everyone talking about how there's an epic guaranteed against the final boss of every dungeon, but I'd just like to point out that when I beat the level 10 boss of the first dungeon, I got gold and experience, no epic weapon. Don't be disappointed and/or surprised if you don't get an epic on level 10 of the first dungeon. Just wanna point it out." Since none of Leander, iTZ or KO corrected me and said "THIS IS A BUG!!!!" it was not reported. And since, as I stated I have finished 2 dungeons and didn't get an epic item at the end of of either of them, I now have 2 bugs from dungeon epic drops, apparently.

You can consider this my "bug report" since I don't have a) screen shots or b) the date I completed dungeon #2. But since epic items really aren't that great, you can file this under "Cashew not giving a poop".
Old 08-18-2010, 01:59 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Cashew, moreum is unsure if he/she (don't know gender for sure) got one or not. That is not a report of "I did not get one," as there is uncertainty and the player could have gotten an epic item and forgotten about it. Someone may be able to check on your item history, I can't promise it as I don't know what records are kept, but there may be a way to check. You are close to finishing another dungeon, so if an epic does not drop, then please screenshot it. I will drop a line to the dev team if you wish to see if something can be done about seeing what the monster gave you, but I can't gurantee that those records are still around.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Adventurer

I got experience and a spiffy item I promptly sold in the shops from dungeon #2, and from dungeon #1 (at the time) it was a sizable amount in gold. Like I said in my previous post, I don't care enough for anyone to look into it. What's the most I would get out of it, anyway? An item or amount in gold scaled to me when I was level 60 or so? Not worth it in the time it would take on anyone's part.

Since my memory for anything other than what I'm studying for lately is practically non-existent, I can't say this with 100% certainty. But I'm PRETTY SURE that I didn't get an epic item when I finished the final boss of the first dungeon on the UK server, either. But maybe I did and I sold that one right away, too. Don't remember. I'm about done the second dungeon on that one, too, so we'll see if I get YET ANOTHER luck epic on that server when I finish it.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:09 PM
Supreme Adventurer

If you do not get an epic item, please screen shot it, so the devs can be alerted to the problem. There have been cases of corrections being made, where someone finds they have an item unexpectedly or other stuff. However, there does need to be proof of the problem. I won a battle once, and got the defeated message. I logged on a few days after sending my bug report to find I had been given the xp I should have won from that fight, along with the dungeon key reward. They do set things right, if they can see that it is deserved and proper.
Old 08-18-2010, 02:12 PM
Adventurer

A few days is quite different than a few months :P

And since I'm right about done with this game (it lost its novelty a long time ago for me), it's not worth the effort. But thanks.