Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 06-25-2012, 01:12 AM
Blacksmith

Haha! You too, Sir!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lord Arse For This Useful Post:
Sir Jaunty (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM
Mushroom Collector

It's sad to see you retiring the guild, but I can fully understand how much of a grind the game can be with little to no reward. The whole guild honor system is still severely messed up and the only thing keeping me going in game is to knock out the last guild dungeon.

Thanks for being a worthy opponent(s) and best wishes in whatever you move on to.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:56 PM
Stable Boy

While this isn't a suggestion thread; some suggestions have been offered. Since this is more of a guild oriented thread; I'd like to see a challenge arena where guilds can challenge other guilds in a way that the current guild attacking doesn't offer.

This would have definite rules so that the strongest guilds are placed on an even footing with other guilds. Some thoughts to get the idea going:

1. A limit on the number of toons from each guild - say 5.
2. No more than two toons of the same class from each guild - therefore 2 - 2 - 1 of any combination of mages, scouts and warriors.
3. A limit on the total of the toons levels - This will allow weaker guilds to field a team to battle stronger guilds.
4. No catapult allowed.
5. Limits and/or timers on how many challengers can be made by a guild or against a guild.
6. A restriction on using the same toon or toons repeatedly.

I have some other ideas such as leagues, schedules and tournaments; but perhaps this or something like it may bring back the excitement. It would seem to be a system that would allow all guilds to challenge any other guild.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Quilp For This Useful Post:
Gynx (06-26-2012), iTZKooPA (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Adventurer

Tournaments sound great, perhaps with various level-caps. You can send as many toons as you want whose total levels don't exceed the cap. ie: a 400 level cap could see 4 L100s go, or I could go with an L90. You could also weave in your idea for class mixes, Quilp!!

Awesome! Make it so!

PS. Just noticed my post matches your #3 above.

PPS. Put all your suggestions in the suggestion thread, if you please, Quilp. I'd love to read and support them all! Let's giterdone!

Last edited by Darstard; 06-25-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: Added post script, then added post-post script
Old 06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
Truffle Shuffler

As sad as it is, I fully understood your move. And for a guild playing the game together it is a statement to leave (at least the guild) together.
Playing a level 326 character myself I see and feel every point mentioned here firsthand.
The people are not only one reason to stay in the game, they are the only reason left at least for me.

So good luck and have fun doing whatever you like.

PS: English isn't my native language, so I don't hit exactly what I want to say but I hope you all get the point.
Old 06-25-2012, 06:04 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb View Post
As sad as it is, I fully understood your move. And for a guild playing the game together it is a statement to leave (at least the guild) together.
Playing a level 326 character myself I see and feel every point mentioned here firsthand.
The people are not only one reason to stay in the game, they are the only reason left at least for me.

PS: English isn't my native language, so I don't hit exactly what I want to say but I hope you all get the point.
Damn! @ 326. That's very high. Only at 304 myself. I get exactly what you're saying, no worries.And yes, friends were the only reason we were staying. Nothing in the game itself held anything fun for me.

Good luck with your further leveling. =]
Old 06-25-2012, 06:10 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gumb View Post

but I hope you all get the point.
I knew it, that nick was way too familiar. Gumb from s1.de.
Anyway, since we're on this matter, I would like to ask you few questions.
How are you guys on s1, keeping guild competition so interesting? From the looks of it, you change places with raubritter all the time and even other guilds are fairly strong.
I've seen your fights with D45 ( congrats on that btw ) and D46. Is D46 really that hard to beat?
What is happening with your experience rewards in quests? What is your average 10 min quest now, and is there another xp drop after 325?
Do you have any news from playa about new content ?
Thanks for any info you provide,
Big fan.
PS : I rly liked Quilps ideas.
I would like to be able to fight against top guilds from another servers in the future, but I'm not sure if that is even possible.
Old 06-26-2012, 04:26 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Send a message via AIM to Tews

Well coming from a REAL member in S2 it will be sad to see you guys leaving. Been our closest opponents for quite awhile now. Normally the only names I see filling my inbox are Vizari, Sir Jaunty, and InASenseLost. So will be a lot different with you guys calling it quits, but completely understand. I have had the same thoughts many many times, but I keep sticking with it. Less active than I was in the past, but still playing. But take care, have fun, and good luck in whatever else you guys do.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tews For This Useful Post:
Sir Jaunty (06-26-2012)
Old 06-26-2012, 11:45 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by goku View Post
I would like to be able to fight against top guilds from another servers in the future, but I'm not sure if that is even possible.
Yep..would be awesome to take the top..100 (?) players from all US servers (for example) and allow them to have a battle royale..

alternatively (or in addition)..the top 3? 5? 10? guilds form each US based server to have a "Champions" server..

both were likely mentioned above...just reiterating an affirmative vote for at least a beta test of either/both ideas!

and Quilp had some strong ideas too
Old 06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Blacksmith

I posted something along these lines back in March...

Quote:
You know what would be cool?

The top, say, 500 active players from each server all reset to level 0 and transported to some kind of super server in which they could compete in a Champions League type scenario. Of course, it would never happen for obvious reasons but it would definitely be extremely interesting!
Seeing as this game is maturing and (I'm only guessing) not attracting too many newer players, it makes perfect sense to take it to the next level. The people who are still playing the game after over a year are the ones most likely (again, only guessing!) to be spending the mushrooms... why not give us something to do that'll continue to encourage us in our unhealthy habit?