Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-18-2012, 08:21 PM
Mushroom Collector

Good point... agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Isn't gonna happen. It would allow a player with deep pockets to bribe members to join the guild, or players to pool their money, buy in bulk, and then distribute. For example, 10 guys could each transfer $10 to a single player, who buys 3000 mushrooms on sale, donates them to the guild, and then distributes 100 to each player, rather than the 54 they would have had if they bought on their own.

Or two players who both play on the same teams on two different servers. One buys mushrooms on server 1 and transfers half to his teammate. the other does the same on server 2.

Tremendous opportunity for abuse.
Old 09-18-2012, 09:23 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
Allow only mushrooms earned questing to be distributed, then you eliminate distributing the purchased mushrooms.

Sounds familiar in a backwards way, doesn't it?
Even less likely. A player could set up sham accounts under bogus email addresses and transfer mushrooms to his main account.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:03 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Isn't gonna happen. It would allow a player with deep pockets to bribe members to join the guild, or players to pool their money, buy in bulk, and then distribute. For example, 10 guys could each transfer $10 to a single player, who buys 3000 mushrooms on sale, donates them to the guild, and then distributes 100 to each player, rather than the 54 they would have had if they bought on their own.

Or two players who both play on the same teams on two different servers. One buys mushrooms on server 1 and transfers half to his teammate. the other does the same on server 2.

Tremendous opportunity for abuse.
I don't quite understand why is that abuse?

Not many SF players know each other. From my experience most of people playing these games are kids, who don't shroom at all.

True, people could possibly team up to buy more shrooms together and then divide them. But that doesn't mean that Playa in the long run would actually loose on that.

And giving the option to distribute the shrooms only to GM should also make things easier.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:00 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post

Not many SF players know each other. From my experience most of people playing these games are kids, who don't shroom at all.
No, actually you are wrong, there are only 2 or 3 people, I know of which is under 18s! Most kids don't like point and click games, they preferred action games...

Also, I believe 50% of forum members here are more than 30s
Old 09-19-2012, 08:06 AM

There are lots of ways to abuse the sharing of shrooms 1 is the giving of shrooms and then the person leaves for another guild and does the same there and keeps bouncing around. Which it is not against the rules to be a guild hopper but makes it that much more aggravating for those in the guilds that said guild hopper joined and I could imagine support would be getting mails saying sos and so said he would stay but he left after I gave him x number of shroom I want them back or he stole from us since he promised he would stay but didn't after giving him shroooms.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-19-2012, 11:52 AM
Blacksmith

Giving people shrooms just so they would stay in the guild - that's horrible.

I haven't even thought of something like that Bobo

As for age of players, I can honestly say that it depends on the country.

I'm from Poland, and the game is quite popular there but really a lot of kids play it.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Giving people shrooms just so they would stay in the guild - that's horrible.

I haven't even thought of something like that Bobo

As for age of players, I can honestly say that it depends on the country.

I'm from Poland, and the game is quite popular there but really a lot of kids play it.

Well not only to get people to stay but to get people to join and on the flip side you wil have people join a guild for the shrooms then leave once they get them. Not to say it could be done now but it is harder to do.

As for age I think there is an even mix of age groups but what I have noticed is the younger players tend to not stick arouind as long as the older players.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 09-20-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 12:29 PM
Crusader

one could also expect that at some point an argument might break out about how a particular guild is being run, leading to one member transferring all the mushrooms to himself and then leaving with them.
Old 09-19-2012, 02:04 PM

That would depend on how the shrooms could be shared. Best way imo would be a button in the character description when click one player the clicker give the other x amount of shrooms and it should have a limit of say 100 shrooms. If you put the shrooms in the guild and anyone can just take them is just asking for trouble.

Oh and transfered shrooms can't be donated.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Blacksmith

Sorry guys, I wrote GM automatically, but I actually meant Guild Master, not Guild member.

Anyway I saw it in simple terms - shrooms donated to guild can be transfered to a chosen player by ONLY THE GUILD MASTER.

But i see your point! So maybe they could be transfered only on maxed out Guild? Think that would make sense.