Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-05-2010, 03:20 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Epics in Weapon/Magic Shop

After spending nearly 50 mushes and not finding 1 epic, I would like to suggest maybe a higher frequency of finding epics in the weapon/magic shop.

My reason is that even if I find the epic, I would have to spend another 15 mushes anyway. Or how about even after using 20-40 mushes refreshing the shop, an epic would ALWAYS appear and only once until next server reset.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:27 AM
Blacksmith

That would mean a guaranteed epic every day, for those who buy mushrooms... I like the randomness now. I actually had two epics in a row once, and haven´t had an epic since...
Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 AM
Sheep

Send a message via AIM to Dereks Dead

I understand that some of us have better luck than others when it comes to this game but i do feel bad for nodge if he has been playing for 2 months and has only had a couple epics.
I'm all for increasing the drop rate in store maybe a couple %...I don't think it would offset the balance that much if it was an extra 3% or so and it would encourage more mushroom purchasing! Something for you developers to think about

Have a good one,
Derek

S2 Name: PantyChrist
S2 Guild: ChristPunchers (Officer)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 07-05-2010, 08:26 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Some of us have not found a single epic item in the shops. However, it is supposed to be an extremely low percent. Knowing that it is an extremely low %, and seeing some folks whom have gotten multiple epic items; one can rightfully and logically conclude that there are some whom will not see them.

As for having to pay mushrooms to buy them from the shops, they are supposed to be like the Potion of Eternal Life, where they may not cost any mushrooms at all. You could get an epic item in your shops that costs only gold and/or silver.

In addition, there are other ways to get epic items, beyond the shops. You can get them through quests and through the dungeons. These (particularly the dungeons) tend to produce a lot more epics.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Adventurer

To the OP's original post:

I would be alright with a guaranteed epic with one condition, that there is a cap on shop pages.

Like the tavern quest beers, if there were a cap and you reached it, you get a reward at the very end. In this case, that reward would be an epic. The flips, however, would have to have a very high cap considering how game-breaking epics are. 50-100 pages = $5-10USD to receive an epic, which is roughly equivalent to the value of some microtransaction gear in other games.
Old 07-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Yes, I am one of those who have never found an epic in a shop
Old 07-05-2010, 01:34 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
In addition, there are other ways to get epic items, beyond the shops. You can get them through quests and through the dungeons. These (particularly the dungeons) tend to produce a lot more epics.
Epic from quests? That was new to me, and something I have thought about for a long time. Good to see that it can happen.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:02 PM
Truffle Shuffler

That's just the thing, I have only seen about 5 epics from dungeons, and since dungeons are only getting harder, getting an epic is getting harder. I spent 150 mushrooms because I lost control and not once did I come across 1 epic.
Old 07-05-2010, 03:06 PM
Adventurer

I think you're confusing "bad luck" with "not fair". You have a 50% chance of getting an item from a dungeon monster. From that, a 25% chance of your item being an epic. Those aren't very good chances. For you to be on a "no epic" streak: is that all that surprising? It shouldn't be. And since the published chances of being given the chance to buy an epic in the shops is "slim", shouldn't you also assume that your chances of finding one if you spend $10 a day refreshing the shops also be "slim"? Sure, you might not like it, but that doesn't mean it's not fair. It means that you just don't like it.

I've seen 3 epics in shops. All of them have been 15 shrooms, so I haven't bought them. Maybe you should just stop playing with mushies
Old 07-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cashew View Post
I think you're confusing "bad luck" with "not fair". You have a 50% chance of getting an item from a dungeon monster. From that, a 25% chance of your item being an epic. Those aren't very good chances. For you to be on a "no epic" streak: is that all that surprising? It shouldn't be. And since the published chances of being given the chance to buy an epic in the shops is "slim", shouldn't you also assume that your chances of finding one if you spend $10 a day refreshing the shops also be "slim"? Sure, you might not like it, but that doesn't mean it's not fair. It means that you just don't like it.

I've seen 3 epics in shops. All of them have been 15 shrooms, so I haven't bought them. Maybe you should just stop playing with mushies
I never once said it wasn't fair. The problem with percentages is that if even the slightest chance of something not succeeding exists, it will happen. But the odds of something not happening over and over and over and over (^x), is infinitesimally small.