Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 02-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Mushroom Collector

I haven't been feeling very musically inclined lately, instead I'm either in voice chat on skype with several people who I game with on another site, and a few of whom I've recruited for server 3 (though they originally recruited me for server 1) or I'm watching and listening to documentaries on one of my other monitors. Currently I'm listening to/glancing over at Joseph Campbell: Mythos on one monitor and working on a graphics tournament entry on the other monitor.

When I do listen to music though its typically mood based, about the only music I don't listen to is rap. I avoid most pop music also.

My tendencies are towards music from the early 20th century, 70's rock and metal, some indie along the lines of vienna teng; I also like faith & the muse. I like classic country, not this new stuff that sounds like wanna be rock (ie, randy travis, conway twitty, merle haggard, johnny cash, pam tillis, patsy cline, loretta lynn, tanya tucker, charlie pride and so forth are good - the post apocolypse (following in the wake of garth brooks) however just isn't my cup of tea). Throw in some classical on occasion, some jazz, big band and swing and I'm all set.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:26 PM
Adventurer

Been rotating my Cypress Hill discography pretty hard lately, especially 'IV' and 'Rise Up' (my favorites).

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 02-22-2011, 11:07 PM
Truffle Shuffler

There isn't much that I won't listen to. If someone sends me a music clip, I listen to it. If I like it, I will fave it on Youtube for future listening. If I don't like it then I just click my friend the lil red x.
My likes are mostly mood based.
I listen to a lot of Rock/Metal. I enjoy softer music as well. I also listen to some country especially if the singer is Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood, or Amanda Marshall. Or are they pop-country? I'm terrible at keeping track of music genres/sub-genres.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Mushroom Collector

Send a message via Skype™ to Einstein
Thumbs up

Indie, alternative, classic rock

Ladt month prefer Radiohead, Travis, Muse, Keane, Slipknot, The Beatles, Brocken Bells, Yoav, The Hoosiers, Oren Lavie, Veto, Tim Buckley...

Lots of, I guess

I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
Jim Morrison