Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Community Area

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 03:05 PM
Mushroom Collector

Talking Shrooms! & Items!

So why is it that every time I find a good item in either the Magic or Weapons shop it always costs 1 or more shrooms plus gold? And yet there is only a 5% chance on getting shrooms from adventures. If buying shrooms is un-affordable for someone how are they suppose to suffer through getting crummy items? I think there should be a slight increase, say 15% on getting a shroom and there should be three more item slots add to both weapons and magic shops because I am not going to lie to you. It often sucks!
Old 10-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Why should free players have the same benefits and abilities as one that is willing to support the game and see that it survives?
Old 10-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Mushroom Collector

I think the game is surviving just fine. And its called extending, see the more people that like the game are more willing to spend there hard earned doe on it to survive.

Its um quiet simple really, its also called an improvement.

Last edited by Bullbound; 10-03-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Please do not double post. Please use the Edit button located on the lower right corner of every post you make. Thank you.
Old 10-03-2011, 03:51 PM
Blacksmith

Youll eventualy get the same item or anotherone whit the same boost later just for more gold but whitout shrooms and BullB it wouldt be the same benefits cuz the shrooms wouldnt be donatable.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 AM
Community Manager

Mushrooms are not always required. You can even buy a Potion of Eternal Life without the usual cost of 15 mushrooms but more gold.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM
Mushroom Collector

None of that was what I was even talking about! I was trying to say it would be nice if I saw some improvement was all.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Anuba, Leander is saying there isn't a need to improve it, because you will get that same stuff for just gold. Therefore, you don't have to spend mushrooms on it if you do not want to.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Stable Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anuba View Post
I think the game is surviving just fine. And its called extending, see the more people that like the game are more willing to spend there hard earned doe on it to survive.

Its um quiet simple really, its also called an improvement.
This game is surviving just fine because of people who buy mushrooms to either give themselves a more competitive edge or simply to ensure this game survives (or both). This game is NOT surviving just fine because of people who wish they didn't have to buy mushrooms to enjoy the same kind of benefits as those who do. It's that simple, really.

Don't get me wrong, I fully support the idea that shroomers and non-shroomers shouldn't have large gaps in competition, but the plain and simple truth is that shroomers are who are keeping this game alive and they deserve to be rewarded for that. Personally I think it should be with vanity items that don't really effect the way the game is played, but that's just the way things are.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:25 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhatnot View Post
Personally I think it should be with vanity items that don't really effect the way the game is played, but that's just the way things are.
People who pay expect to beat people that don't. It's that simple. And if a game doesn't provide that function, the paying players will find a game that does.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Stable Boy

Charista, I do agree with you wholeheartedly; I am a shroomer and admittedly, if those mushrooms that I pay for stopped allowing me to catch up to older players I would be a little irritated (or quite possibly angry; I, like you, are quite competitive). However, I feel that having an advantage in terms of thirst (triple the non-shroomer) should be enough; items that cost mushrooms are a little bit over the top. Things like Potions of Eternal Health and Epics costing mushrooms are understandable, but when a non-shroomer sees a great equipment upgrade and it costs 10 mushrooms I can understand how upsetting that could be.

I have no real problems with the way the game is balanced now because I am a paying customer and despite my idealistic views, I do expect to have a bit of an edge over players who don't pay. But like Anuba said (though I do disagree with the way he presented his thoughts), there is always room for improvement!