Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > General

Notices

Old 02-22-2017, 08:17 AM
Community Manager

Default The Blacksmith - Feedback Thread

The Blacksmith - Feedback Thread

What do you like? What don't you like? What suggestions do you have?

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 02-22-2017, 11:06 AM
Blacksmith

3) Dismantling: dismantles (and destroys) an item into a random number of metal and arcane resources. This action can be used up to five times a day. Hint: dismantling a mage or scout weapon adds twice as many resources but counts as two actions. *

* added for balancing reasons (shield compensation and other warrior-related weapon specifications)

<sigh> oh my god, where do I even begin <sighhh>

Warrior always gets screwed the most.

1) Shield is the worst possible item.
Warior Weapon + Shield = Scout / Mage Weapon [in stats]
Basically you need to get two good items to be on par with other classes.

2) If that wasn't enough Shield can be bought in shop, which means that you also get screwed rerolling a shop looking for other items (like a good weapon!)

3) Of course warrior got the most difficult to find pet. You are only required to defeat Easteros (the last dungeon) and the boss is, as you could imagine, a scout (the worst matchup for warrior).

BLACKSMITH

4) To keep everything in line warriors will have to upgrade both shield and weapon (although maybe it's cheaper for warriors - let's hope so).

DISMANTLING ITEMS
Simple example for clarity. Warrior and scout are both playing. Each one gets five items. You can dismantle five per day. So they destroy all of them and that's it.

Now let's say that they both found one weapon each. Now the Scout can dismantle only four items and he basically gets 2 500 000 gold ahead.
And that's just one weapon! I am certain people will start hoarding them just for that.

Sidenote: I said it a long time ago - Playa needs to add off hand items for Scouts and Mages. It's the only way to truly balance things out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2017, 11:35 AM
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post

Sidenote: I said it a long time ago - Playa needs to add off hand items for Scouts and Mages. It's the only way to truly balance things out.
Good idea! Maybe quivers and some kind of mana item.

Scout and mage weapons give twice as many resources BUT it also costs twice as much to upgrade them. Warriors need a hand weapon and a shield but have adjusted gold costs and drop rates.

Last edited by Leander; 02-22-2017 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:40 AM
Blacksmith

Those are good news Leander.

But still... does that mean that Warriors get more items overall? Or do they only get more weapons among other items?
Only the first option would make things truly fair (in gold earned from selling items).

Putting warriors aside, the Blacksmith is quite cool. I will finally make more sockets in tower followers' items.
Old 02-22-2017, 11:42 AM
Community Manager

I don't know the exact formula. Your suggestion with offhand items for all classes is great. Will forward it with my monthly report in some days.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:03 PM
Blacksmith

I am sure that Scouts and Mages would not be happy about the change, but on the other hand Playa could make this change more desirable.

If all chars would get off hand items then they could have sockets and possibly a unique enchantment.

One more things on the Blacksmith. I can already see that buying new items without notes on basic stats (without upgrade bonus) will require some calculating.
Please make the base stat value visible... somehow.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:23 AM
Fidget's Griffin

I have a suggestion for everyone for the blacksmith.

I noticed on another forum people were complaining that they couldn't see what items would pay out when dismantled after they had already used up the five for the day. Some wanted Playa to mark them. That would be great.

If they don't, or until that happens, save ONE of your dismantles until the end of your thirst.

I know playing 320, if I used all the dismantles right at the beginning, I'd have 300 minutes worth of items that I would not know what they pay out in diamonds and crystals, but if I save that one, I will be able to see what every item is worth.

Also, I've been watching chats this morning on the servers I play on. I'm seeing many, many people saying, "The more it sells for, the more diamonds and crystals you get." I've also seen, "If it has a socket, then you'll get crystals."

This is absolutely NOT TRUE.

I currently have a helm in my inventory that has a socket and it gives me no crystals. I have a necklace in the same inventory without a socket, and it gives me crystals. Both items can be sold for 2 million gold.

If you save that dismantle, you can see that, but if you go by, "It has a socket, so it's probably worth more," you'd be wrong.

It's just an idea

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 02-23-2017, 10:18 AM
Community Manager

The only thing we know is that epics give more resources and scout and mage weapons give twice as many resources but only cost twice as much per upgrade (there was a bug with 4 times the resources and costs but it should be fixed by now).

All normal items give a random number. It does not matter if you dismantle an item with a socket or a gem in it...it does not matter if it is a metal item or it resembels wizard stuff or looks like a magic thing. It does not matter what it looks like or what its name is. A magic ring with a gem might only give metal, a mana-soaked magic hat might only give metal but a heavy knight helmet might give metal AND arcane resources. To the game code all items are alike...only epic vs. normal items matter and scout/mage weapons vs. warrior weapons.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
Arturu (02-24-2017), MedusasSnakes (02-23-2017)
Old 02-23-2017, 05:51 PM
Fidget's Griffin

This is from W1, but I'll post it here. (and yes, it's my account on w1 I'm posting about)

I had a pair of scout gloves I got from a quest. It only gave metal, no crystals. I put it through the toilet, got a pair of mage gloves out, and now it gives 200 less metal, but it added 48 crystals.

Another guild member said he put a bow that gave metal and 400 crystals, but after he put it through the toilet, it turned into a club and now only gives 90 crystals.

My thinking is, maybe warriors should put their items through the toilet FIRST, and then dismantle them and it will give MORE crystals because it will turn into a mage or scout item.

We can put more than one item in the toilet each day; we only get aura for the first item.

I don't play a warrior character on any server, so I can't test this, but it seems to be a sound theory.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Not really double posting - this is something different.

I LOVE that we can now double/triple click on buttons and go to different places.

If you double click on weapon shop, it takes you to blacksmith.
Double click on magic shop, takes you to the witch.
Dungeons double and triple click will take you to tower, twister, shadow world.
To get to the scrapbook, double click on the character tab.

This is wonderful.