Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 07-14-2012, 06:00 PM
Sheep

Default Open Letter to Playa

I hope your reading this, and pay very close attention to what I'm saying!
I'm not talking as one player from your .US s5 I'm talking on behalf of at least
85% of the servers paying population.

We've all seen what the future of the game is like, Max level = 400
Leveling after 300 = 1 level every 2 weeks or so. After 325 it becomes 19 days
Single Dungeon 13 is just rigged if (and we know why, can't give away epics
can you, make ppl buy them)
honestly this game is verging on being a open thief
the lack of world chat is revolting (whisper works on the basis of a world chat)
and don't tell me your cash starved the game's graphics can easily be played on a old GB Colour

a quick fix maybe
increase the guild size from 50 to 100
after level 250 shroom price drops to 100 USD = 10000 shrooms
after 300 to 100 USD = 30000 Shrooms
300 TfA is nothing for players at level +275 increase that to 900 at least

and you have a great comic to work with!!!! where in bloody hell are the
story lines!!!

and ToS needs re writing you don't need to ask where!

Last edited by Ziaxia; 07-14-2012 at 06:07 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ziaxia For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (07-15-2012)
Old 07-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Voluntary Forum Moderator

I will start out by saying that any opinions and statements are my own and in no way represent Playa Games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziaxia View Post
I'm not talking as one player from your .US s5 I'm talking on behalf of at least 85% of the servers paying population.
That is a huge number of people. Is this based on observation or by survey? If you could get that many to sign a petition it would add tremendous weight to your concerns.

Quote:
Single Dungeon 13 is just rigged if (and we know why, can't give away epics can you, make ppl buy them)
I don't understand how dungeon 13 is rigged. Dungeon 13 gets an epic EVERY time you win. Are you referring to the fact you cannot transfer items between players?

Quote:
and don't tell me your cash starved the game's graphics can easily be played on a old GB Colour
How did you get S&F to play on a GB Colour? Mine did not have access to wifi or internet so I would be greatly interested to know how it is done.

Quote:
a quick fix maybe
Not sure what increasing guild size would fix other than make guild dungeons easier. It might make server balance worse as the top 200 players fill up the number 1 and number 2 guilds leaving behind a very distant third.
Now I am not about to pass up on cheaper mushrooms but as long as the reduced revenue does not delay the creation of desperately wanted new content.

Quote:
Ummm yes I do have to ask. Is it a grammar/spelling issue or are there specific rules you think need to change?

While I may not agrre with all your suggestion I for one appreciate any player that takes the time and effort to offer suggestions to improve one of my favorite activities
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
I hope your reading this, and pay very close attention to what I'm saying!
I'm not talking as one player from your .US s5 I'm talking on behalf of at least
85% of the servers paying population.
Looking at the server and size, I know that there are a lot more than 15% inactive which would mean you have complete agreement from all of the players. You don't. As asked before, what proof do you have to support this claim?

Quote:
and you have a great comic to work with!!!! where in bloody hell are the story lines!!!
Due to a lawsuit, they are unable to translate their comics into English and many of the countries they service. As such, there is a very limited amount of stuff they can bring into the game. How would you bring the comic into the game and still keep it legal?

Quote:
Actually, yes they will need to ask where. They were gone over by players and staff before being submitted for legal approval. The ToS have been refined and overhauled when the translation was sloppy, and they were altered when someone found a contradiction. The current ToS has been read very carefully by many folks and has been found to be legally enforceable. So, where does it need to be changed? What part do you feel is not legal and/or not applicable to the services that Playa offers?
iTZKooPA (07-15-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 08:31 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
We've all seen what the future of the game is like, Max level = 400
Leveling after 300 = 1 level every 2 weeks or so. After 325 it becomes 19 days
Single Dungeon 13 is just rigged if (and we know why, can't give away epics
can you, make ppl buy them)

a quick fix maybe
The important thing about this part of your discussion is the level of impact it would have on the community. A very small portion of players are at this level. This is why Playa has not developed a new dungeon or increased the level cap. To date, no one has ever reached a level cap before it was raised.

Due to the wide range of players, Playa has focused on more horizontal growth recently.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
DominicS (07-16-2012)
Old 07-15-2012, 09:08 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTZKooPA View Post
The important thing about this part of your discussion is the level of impact it would have on the community. A very small portion of players are at this level. This is why Playa has not developed a new dungeon or increased the level cap. To date, no one has ever reached a level cap before it was raised.

Due to the wide range of players, Playa has focused on more horizontal growth recently.
In my opinion, that small portion of players are the dedicated shroomers that are dwindling away because of lack of content for 275+
Old 07-15-2012, 11:13 AM
Crusader

Playa has only one source of income: mushroom sales. As a broad oversimplification, there are 3 main classes of players:

obsessed shroomers that buy mushrooms in $99 lots and burn through them quickly, who may number in the hundreds

casual shroomers who may buy mushrooms $5, $10, or $25 at at time and use them more sparingly. I'm not sure how many of these there are, but they may be in the thousands or tens of thousands.

non-shroomers, who never buy mushrooms. These people are meaningless to playa except to the extent that they keep the game interesting to the paying players, or to the degree that they can be sucked into the game to such an extent that they start buying mushrooms.

obviously, there are going to be players that fall in between these classes. Only playa knows where its main revenue source is. The big shroomers may be the most vocal, but it is entirely possible that the little guys, as a class, provide them more revenue, and thus more attention.
Old 07-16-2012, 09:01 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
Playa has only one source of income: mushroom sales. As a broad oversimplification, there are 3 main classes of players:

obsessed shroomers that buy mushrooms in $99 lots and burn through them quickly, who may number in the hundreds

casual shroomers who may buy mushrooms $5, $10, or $25 at at time and use them more sparingly. I'm not sure how many of these there are, but they may be in the thousands or tens of thousands.

non-shroomers, who never buy mushrooms. These people are meaningless to playa except to the extent that they keep the game interesting to the paying players, or to the degree that they can be sucked into the game to such an extent that they start buying mushrooms.

obviously, there are going to be players that fall in between these classes. Only playa knows where its main revenue source is. The big shroomers may be the most vocal, but it is entirely possible that the little guys, as a class, provide them more revenue, and thus more attention.
I'm not privy to the financials, but what you're getting at is usually correct for this market. The larger midcore group often is the bulk of the revenue. This is not to say the 1% of those at the top are a negligible amount though, especially given their impact on the community.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (07-16-2012), DominicS (07-16-2012)
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbound View Post
Due to a lawsuit, they are unable to translate their comics into English and many of the countries they service. As such, there is a very limited amount of stuff they can bring into the game. How would you bring the comic into the game and still keep it legal?
Well since the whole beginning of the comic was translated into English & is still available on the web, that along would give them quite a lot of material to work with. Plus, although one game company took offense at Shakes & Fidgets parody of them, I can think of several other game company's (including the others who where also parodied & didn't complain) who mght be glad for the attention it would give them.