Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 08-08-2012, 01:46 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Octoberfest

Will we have another Octoberfest this year? According to the poll taken last year alot of people enjoyed it including myself. Im sure alot of mushrooms will be used during the time period .
Old 08-08-2012, 04:32 AM
Community Manager

We don't have any details yet.

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The Following User Says Thank You to Leander For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (09-20-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Blacksmith

I agree with OP.
It would be nice to see that event this year too.
We have 14 days untill this years OF starts. Lets hope we get one too.
The Following User Says Thank You to goku For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (09-20-2012)
Old 08-08-2012, 03:32 PM
Blacksmith

Personally speaking, it's the difference between playing on for a while or quitting. I really hope there is.

Oh, and it's Oktoberfest :-P
Old 08-09-2012, 06:06 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Bringing to you voting results from Europe/Germany on this topic:
17.09.2011 - 30.09.2011: intend = stopping the Oktoberfest on German servers last year, which failed due to unwillingness of responsible persons

Against unlimited time spend on any time period:
70.36% = 394 votes, from witch at least > 150 are from highlevel players at this time ( 1 char > Lvl 275) + in the first 3 days this element scored > 80% with around 300 votes. Group stopped voting after official statement 19.09.2011

in favor:
13.04 % = 73 votes, not a single highlevel

doesn't matter:
16.61% = 93 votes
==========================================

Why are these players so against this kind of Event:

a) their 1st servers started 2009 and they invested 3 years to play to level 329 - nobody wants this time investment to be further disrespected (10 beer a day and not a single more)

- with events and all bonus (guild, scrapbook, drinks) powerhouse players are able to play from 1 to 300 in a single year by now which is considered fast enough
(if you need reference: s15.sfgame.de , server started 22.06.2011, events started late October 2011: first players reached level 300 July 2012 (hunter + mage))

b) what happened last year:
exactly these players quit gaming in groups - i personally remember: the server highest char on s1.sfgame.de (the oldest server), the leader of the superior rank 1 guild on this server, ... way too many.
if you like to see such an action:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50rkoQxFBXo
(have a look at the donatable mushrooms summed over his chars )
way too many guilds merged to cover up the loss of active players

c) what is expected this year:
the same event = more survivors quit, since they already quit using shrooms (a promised update for highlevels (content unknown) has been requested 2010 starting several times, 2011 promise was made that something is in work, 22.06.2012 something was planned to be released but unfinished)

d) alternatives:
few were proposed like some days with disabled level breaks = faster leveling for all with the ability to spend the same amount of time as usually.
------------

Consider this please at least Playa Games, not all countries want to be serviced the same way (different mentalities) and a way too small number of players is in contact with you to consider a voting representative.
(playing on german servers: remaining 2xxx/22xxx donatable shrooms @ level 28x, 1 deleted Lvl 300 char (better not remembering the on that one), 0 motivation remaining besides a top guild (44 raids in 11.4 months from server start) loosing active members every month and with 0/22xxx the "I quit again and this time forever" (the guild lost >50% active players out of the top 100 largely beeing < 15 levels behind the top player last year due to Oktoberfest, who remains this time ?).
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ragorth the Vengeful For This Useful Post:
demonwarrior (08-10-2012), iTZKooPA (09-20-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 07:01 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

Those are good points, no more fest!
Old 08-09-2012, 08:04 AM

Personally I don't want Oktoberfest I think it will only benefit the botters and cheaters as I can think of no honest player who doesn't cheat being able to use any more then 400 thirst a day. As I recall in the guilds I was running last year there was alot of negative response to it.

If they want to do something for it how about have it on the weekends we don't have weekend events have to those weekends only or just have it all weekends during Oktoberfest.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
DominicS (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Last year I created a Droid app just for Oktoberfest which worked extremely well. This was before the S&F app now available. Perhaps I should bring it out of retirement and tweak it in preparation.
Old 08-09-2012, 12:55 PM
Ksana

Quote:
I can think of no honest player who doesn't cheat being able to use any more then 400 thirst a day.
Being an honest player I pulled 600-700 thirst/day during Octoberfest and so did at least 3 more my guildmates (we talked a lot in the chat so I'm sure they didn't use bots).

Actually, I liked the event and I'd be glad to have it again (I'm consistently in top 10 players on s1) I don't mind if other players catch up. The key reason why I'm for Octoberfest is D45. It is incredibly hard (it's been 6 months since we beat D44, and we try D45 weekly), so faster levelling during Octoberfest could help a lot
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (09-20-2012), Lord Arse (08-09-2012)
Old 08-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Personally I don't want Oktoberfest I think it will only benefit the botters and cheaters as I can think of no honest player who doesn't cheat being able to use any more then 400 thirst a day. As I recall in the guilds I was running last year there was alot of negative response to it.

If they want to do something for it how about have it on the weekends we don't have weekend events have to those weekends only or just have it all weekends during Oktoberfest.
I completely disagree. MANY people can get well over 400 thirst in, without cheating, especially now that we have the App.
Not to forget....supposedly...the Oktoberfest was created to FIND the botters.
I'm all for it!!

Last edited by mallen; 08-09-2012 at 02:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mallen For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (09-20-2012), Lord Arse (08-09-2012)