Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM

Default Oktoberfest feedback

Small sample of replies to my mail to my guild members over the 10 servers I play on. I asked them if they liked the Oktoberfest event or not.

shroomers
yes------no
9---------4

non-shroomers
yes------- no
28--------- 2

Here are some excerpts of some of their replies no names are given.

It took me 6 hours a day to get through the thing. So although I did it both days, it was exhausting and took up most of my weekend. I prefer not to do it again.
I can see the advantage if you have mushrooms to do some skipping. (non shroomer)

I didn't see the free beer notice on the android app, so I had to keep refilling thirst from a PC by kicking off one of my kids. (FYI that needs to be fixed for next year)

Free beer is always a good bouns but I am a little disappointed the octoberfest lasted just two days. The real one lasts more than two weeks, so next time they could make it a little longer (like last the one year). (shroomer)

I am not a shrommer, but I am an avid player.
I sincerely appriciated the extra play time, temps me to spend a little money on the game. ( my favorite reply of them all I think)

I loved it and did 10 beers everyday!

It's like the best event they ever had. I love the whole concept and had fun gaining exp from it :]

My opinion is that it was nice and should be repeated again, definetly.
Really breaks the stalemate sometimes, to see something unique.

I think the free beer is a good treat for all players. Both paying and non-paying benefit without having anything to grumble about. I would recommend putting a free beer weekend into the rotation with the epics/mushrooms/exp/gold weekends. epics/exp/gold favor shroomers, so the non-shroomers could use a little more freebie incentives to play.

I thought it was a really good idea! I'm a fan of seasonal events like that and it was a very helpful boost.

Yes I liked it free beer is great maybe they can do it more often. =P

its ok for non shroomer but would like some extra thirst...maybe 10 mushrooms like always. (shroomer)

I liked it pretty much, because its 100 times better than last year.
Last year it was dumb to get infinite bear. You literally had to play the whole 24 hours to get the most out of it.
They made it way better this year.

I enjoyed the Ockoberfest the free beer so great idea hope they do it again.

I did have a couple who wanted it the way it was last year and one or 2 non-shroomers who didn't like it becuse of how much time you need to spend to use all your thirst but for most part they liked it.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 10-03-2012 at 07:41 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (10-04-2012), Ragorth the Vengeful (10-03-2012)
Old 10-03-2012, 09:08 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Ok to open the spectrum wide I add some notes from players only level 280+ and > 1.5 years in game, all shroomed a large part of their ingame existence and stopped or are still continuing.

a) my own opinion: Event for the unpaying masses, yes this was it - it creates happy majorities but "free for all" should not happen again, pay 5 = get 10 would be ok. Invest our invested money SOLELY in content for us. I'm looking at 20 levels in the past where it loved additional content and now the countdown to 300 runs quickly, with this achievement I retire as paying customer and continue for the guild @ 100 first:
- ~ 5% of bought shrooms remaining
- ~ griffin ends approx. 2 months after my retirement
- drinks lasting 3 monhs + after retirement
-------------------
There is late and there is too late, this event was too much ( I compare: 2011, disappointment = botting 24/7 without banns at the top , 2012 = 2 days longer on stock at the end => wasted them on a luck epic showing up sunday in the shops for the toilet.)
==============================================
b) A very strong word opinion, so lets see if the message gets through without the original text (Game external, deleted person O*fest 2011)

Again ?, are they f****** joking with us , yes for sure they are - the origin of this idea , he still doesn't know after 2011: the shroomers pay his salary, because we supportED this ... by financing it
c) Nah, Event I wouldn't call it this way - I don't notice a difference when I hit the beer button.
But you complain, settle to the low standard here and go back to - changes are missing 12 months = there'll likely be no good old days again.
But thanks for reviving the guildchat that old dusty thing - someone like me broke out of monotony for some hours, but since kids are here now mailing is better on many topics
===========================
d) *grml**dont't bother*
========================================
e) A bug in this kind of Event - best effort base programming, so now silent again until mirror update. I like this idea - the image in the mirror shows the truth... this is it what P. needs to service the right persons first.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
f) , another reason to change to non paying
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
g) Next event please: "Give my money back event" - 10% of last shopping back to my stock. I see it as it every b or c grade product, the full price it not worth it

Total guild 45 at this day. today 48 (2 changed because in their guild the top 3 said goodbye -> Inactive) + 1 returned with his dead char for over 1 year as lowest char in the guild. He returned to see the new team and feels home again so at least level 250 is his goal.
Disappointed: 8/20 off the upperhalf
Pi**ed of: 3/20 off the upperhalf
"silent": 9/20 off the upperhalf, only some small lines in chat like agree
------
lower half = new persons or long time non shroomers
9/25: we're here based on our lower endurance with P., complaints are right but you'll end up here (hopefully not deletes again or rage quit inactive)
8/25: don't care, go out for some real
9/25: no interest in this topic, surely we invested less but it feels not right, this is true.

Total:
100% Oktoberfest is necessary
89% Version 1.0 not again AND Version 2.0 not again
~30% V 2.0 is still better as nothing - so may be the one to go with changes to 2.1
100% in favor for edition 3.0: EXP boost required, the highs should profit most, long time players should profit more and shroomer should get more.
Formula for EXP boost with factors: lvl,donatable (dreaming times 22 for me ^^ uo to x50 for others, yes they earned it)

Last edited by Ragorth the Vengeful; 10-04-2012 at 09:48 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragorth the Vengeful For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-01-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 05:22 AM
Blacksmith

Maybe I can add a bit something here.

First of, and I think it is insanely important, that this game has been presented in many countries around the world and I bet that there are masses of players that do not shroom at all.
So it's a tough balancing act for Playa.

I am almost certain that the event won't show up more often and will never last longer then 2 days.

The reason is very simple - people get used to stuff. After a week of free beers people would feel down that it ended (the perspective that players shall leave the game).

I kinda like the idea Ragoth has present with half free.

From what i saw non-shroomers were pretty happy with the event, shroomers not that much, they saw it more as being "ok".
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (11-01-2012)
Old 10-04-2012, 08:56 AM

As most ppl that know me I shroom on all the servers I play on and I thought the Idea was great not because I am the moderator here and towing the company line, if I thought it was a stupid idea believe me I would say so (catapult comes to mind). I looked at the event for not just it did or didn't do for me but my guilds as a whole. Yes if I was to look at it just for what it did for me yes not a lot as either way I would of used 300 thirst but I didn't I see my guild mates who normally don't or won't buy shrooms having fun and feeling like they are helping there guild out more from the event. In my opinion something that brings up the general moral of the community is a good thing, yes you are not going to make everyone happy. But what I got from a small portion of players over 10 servers was mostly positive.

This is my opinion not anyone Else's but not only do I think they should use the same event for next years Oktoberfest but use it for all server wide events. Example we had the 3 year birthday earlier in the year perfect occasion for a free beer day.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 10-04-2012 at 12:02 PM.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

They should go big or go home.

One week. Unlimited quests with the option of skipping quests with mushrooms.

We would have someone hit level 400 I'm sure!

haha
Old 10-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Wannabe Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
This is my opinion not anyone Else's but not only do I think they should use the same event for next years Oktoberfest but made use it for all server wide events. Example we had the 3 year birthday earlier in the year perfect occasion foe a free beer day.
Ok bobo, I also have my own opinion and it is not so surprising that a guild with history and similar playing style shows similar patterns in thinking.

The above viewpoint represents a guild with 90% adults and 100% paying customers in the past, they know why they started paying and stopped paying.

Maybe the following part helps to understand the origin of the viewpoint.

Positive Feedback for actions is rare, last times
a) scrapbook introduction
b) Highlevel idea search summer 2011 (including promise to provide it)
-----
the change to negative with the next "cosmetic" updates and finaly to the extrem negative ... the way to neutral again is long, and starts with making promises come true, extend them based on waiting times.

For example looking at my minor servers, I see the wishes "longer, more often" and "thanks P.", thanks to the real financers is rare and the wishes clearly show what is everywhere: give nothing, but take

Of course negative feedback is the minority in numbers < 25%, I guess - but the financial contribution of the 25% is much larger, because > 50% score 0.

Now looking at 2012:
toilet = in favor of low level (longer time to sacrifice, additional help)
cosmetic = no value
3rd birthday passed without anything significant (free beer day it is not what comes to my mind)**
1st birthday of the promise passed without any information
------------------------
guild: the officer team changed, 2 names remained: mine and the one of the now guildlead (afk no >20h of the day, prior < 10 hours )
page 1: we miss the half - inactive
page 2: moved to page 1, but non shrooming
page 3: getting closer, but half new, not full
page 4: the gaps are getting larger
total: using progress of the remainders and building the dream team in mind: guild average > 290, with top to low in 10 levels, maybe a hunter away through dungeon 128,129. Compared to sad 265 today.

It is clear to ask - why continue paying for no service, the guild goals are in far distance, the personal contacts extinct in game, the demands of others are increasing
("Help us in raid", yes without please; can I have your account/ an inactive from your exmembers <- from levels < 50, not worth the post to staff, especially with the different quality levels (worst just loged in with changed password, you can see if it is in the mail or you have to request a new)

My mail is stocked with 50 messages of goodbye,last words ... I keep them as a reminder of the past, never forget so you never forgive what can't be undone.

**: 3 years = the perfect time for a stunning update for long time customers - the longer the more you profit "directly", the others after reaching the goals (10K quests, 20K quests, ... ; working hours, fights + something with dungeon progress above the 9 starters)
The day is no surprise but can be in the development book from day 1

my name resembles what is left:
Ragorth the Vengeful is a raidboss and equal to a powershrooming highlevel
vengeful the fire that keeps you alive, the day when a black sheep is finaly banned, sends you the wrong mail or quits are the best left
- wouldn't it be better to have a server:
a) free of 2nd hand chars
b) happy highs and therefore more likely to support honorable small guilds (lack of members instead of lack in level based on playing style)
c) team work of the top 10 to keep the houses clean (blacklisting grayzone chars)
d) full guilds with motivated players instead of new server > happy old server, and as a reason merge, keep semiactive, ... | this now is the reason why I'm still officer: join the dark side and buy your guildroster or upgrade active members with better chars is a no go with me and I love to kick and forward to support, sadly this standard is only where I am on this server - from guild 2 to 10 I can name at least 1 name per guild that is not the original, all were reported but not banned (lacking evidence for 100% hopefully and not the fact that they are paying)
Old 10-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Yes Ragorth the Vengeful if you look at my first post you will see that about only 33% of shroomers didn't like it compared to about 7% of non-shroomers and yes the feed back I have is from a very small % of players and not from every server in the world just the US, Canada and s2 UK. Was the event perfect no would it of been nice to be able for us shroomers to be able to use say 5 or 10 shrooms worth of thirst on top of the free as paying customers sure. But to be honest imo this years event was way better then last years. As a shroomer yes I want to get more out of the game then a non shroomer since I pay to help keep the game going for all but with out the non paying players all the accounts would fit on one server not hundreds. So for them even if it is for 2 days out of the year makes them feel like they are not a second class citizen in the game and saves me 2 days worth of shrooms I'm all for it.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
This is my opinion not anyone Else's but not only do I think they should use the same event for next years Oktoberfest but use it for all server wide events. Example we had the 3 year birthday earlier in the year perfect occasion for a free beer day.
Well said.

On a side note I would like to add, that Playa could really try a bit harder when it comes to presenting new stuff.

Of course it turned out you had to have a shroom to get a free beer, and after midnight, when Monday kicked in, it looked as if Oktoberfest was still on for about 30-90 min.
Old 10-04-2012, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
Well said.

On a side note I would like to add, that Playa could really try a bit harder when it comes to presenting new stuff.

Of course it turned out you had to have a shroom to get a free beer, and after midnight, when Monday kicked in, it looked as if Oktoberfest was still on for about 30-90 min.
I agree they either could of let us know ahead of time we needed to have a shroom in stock or just not of had that requirement at all as for the showing of the event past the time I did notice that on the UK server I play on but slept thru that part on the US and Canada servers ( Yes I do sleep once in a while )

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-05-2012, 04:36 AM
Sheep

Quote:
Small sample of replies to my mail to my guild members over the 10 servers I play on. I asked them if they liked the Oktoberfest event or not.

shroomers
yes------no
9---------4

non-shroomers
yes------- no
28--------- 2

Here are some excerpts of some of their replies no names are given.

It took me 6 hours a day to get through the thing. So although I did it both days, it was exhausting and took up most of my weekend. I prefer not to do it again.
I can see the advantage if you have mushrooms to do some skipping. (non shroomer)

I didn't see the free beer notice on the android app, so I had to keep refilling thirst from a PC by kicking off one of my kids. (FYI that needs to be fixed for next year)

Free beer is always a good bouns but I am a little disappointed the octoberfest lasted just two days. The real one lasts more than two weeks, so next time they could make it a little longer (like last the one year). (shroomer)

I am not a shrommer, but I am an avid player.
I sincerely appriciated the extra play time, temps me to spend a little money on the game. ( my favorite reply of them all I think)

I loved it and did 10 beers everyday!

It's like the best event they ever had. I love the whole concept and had fun gaining exp from it :]

My opinion is that it was nice and should be repeated again, definetly.
Really breaks the stalemate sometimes, to see something unique.

I think the free beer is a good treat for all players. Both paying and non-paying benefit without having anything to grumble about. I would recommend putting a free beer weekend into the rotation with the epics/mushrooms/exp/gold weekends. epics/exp/gold favor shroomers, so the non-shroomers could use a little more freebie incentives to play.

I thought it was a really good idea! I'm a fan of seasonal events like that and it was a very helpful boost.

Yes I liked it free beer is great maybe they can do it more often. =P

its ok for non shroomer but would like some extra thirst...maybe 10 mushrooms like always. (shroomer)

I liked it pretty much, because its 100 times better than last year.
Last year it was dumb to get infinite bear. You literally had to play the whole 24 hours to get the most out of it.
They made it way better this year.

I enjoyed the Ockoberfest the free beer so great idea hope they do it again.

I did have a couple who wanted it the way it was last year and one or 2 non-shroomers who didn't like it becuse of how much time you need to spend to use all your thirst but for most part they liked it.
In the servers I play, most of shroomers, and part of non-shroomers didn't like this event, they are desapoint becouse what they realy like was a infinity adventure.