Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 11-11-2015, 03:53 PM
Blacksmith

Default The Academy is a huge disappointment.

Generally the update is great! I was quite excited when I first heard we were going to have an experience bonus from the academy and was looking forward to building it. A few weeks later the result is that I have a fortress level 12 and an academy stuck at level 5 - I am just not upgrading it, because the bonus is ridiculous. I earn about 24-26 mln experience from quests (and I play for gold, 320 thirst). The bonus I get from my level 5 academy is ~30K exp/hour - this means about one thousandth of my daily profit. You could say "why don't you upgrade the academy to level 15 - you can then raise the experience gain three times to the significant 1/300, multiply this by 24 hours and you almost have a 10% boost...". The thing is people have to go to work/school/whatever and they need to sleep. Even at level 15 the collection time is 2:24 hours - this means most people that are not total robots will probably have more than 50% dead time. Thus the 10% bonus drops to lets say 4%. And if I play for experience, my profit from the quests will be twice as high, cutting the academy bonus share to ~2% - and this is level 15! My suggestion is 1. dramatically increase the experience collection time - make it equal to the wood/stone collection time; 2. increase the experience bonus at least twice - this would mean a shroomer who plays for experience will have a 10% bonus at level 15 - that shouldn't be too much to ask for.

Last edited by Sersemina; 11-11-2015 at 03:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:18 PM
Blacksmith

For now, I'm fine with how the academy works. At level 10, my academy gives 218k exp per full harvest which is around 0.5% of my total 320 thirsts spent on exp quests. If I can collect 2 - 3 times a day, it will be 1 - 1.5% extra to my total exp.

I think the main source of exp is from quests. Exp from the fortress is not supposed to give too much advantages for your main character. Again, 1 - 1.5 % exp bonus a day is not bad at all, and it will be more at higher level for the academy. Maybe you will gain more from the academy once you level up?
Old 11-12-2015, 02:19 AM

I say the amount of exp. gained from academy is good as questing should be main source of exp but I do agree the time it take to max out needs to be increased having to check every 60-90 minutes is dumb have it equal the time of stone and wood.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-12-2015, 05:58 AM
Fidget's Griffin

I don't know ... yesterday, I needed just a TOUCH more experience to get to level 351. Instead of waiting hours, or even until today to get that exp to level, I was able to collect pretty quickly from the fortress to give me what I needed.

As I play for gold on S8, I guess the exp wasn't a big deal for me, and I was glad that it filled fast.

I will say there hasn't been a time a have logged in to check on the fortress (and save my blasted wood and stone from the 50% thieves!!! THAT I have a problem with!) that exp hasn't been full.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 11-12-2015, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
I don't know ... yesterday, I needed just a TOUCH more experience to get to level 351. Instead of waiting hours, or even until today to get that exp to level, I was able to collect pretty quickly from the fortress to give me what I needed.

As I play for gold on S8, I guess the exp wasn't a big deal for me, and I was glad that it filled fast.

I will say there hasn't been a time a have logged in to check on the fortress (and save my blasted wood and stone from the 50% thieves!!! THAT I have a problem with!) that exp hasn't been full.
oh yes the extra exp is nice but can be hard for a lot of ppl to be able to check in every 60-90 minutes I know for me while at work I might not be able to check for 2-3 hours. would just be nice to have it be at least 3 hours b4 it maxes out.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-12-2015, 02:37 PM
Blacksmith

Ok, If you like the 1.5% bonus, I am not going to argue about that. I don't insist on doubling the experience rate, but increasing the collection time (for example 12 hours at level 12 - same as wood and stone) is a must. In the meantime, the academy is my last building in the list.