Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 09-10-2015, 03:33 PM
Sheep

Default The gambler... know when to run

Say, that shifty conman is just collecting dust in the tavern. Only those young naive types want anything to do with him. I know a guy who has a friend who used to work in a carnival and there is a gal there that runs a pretty sweet 'Wheel of Fortune.'

For some gold or fungus you can spin that wheel and try to win a prize (but she gets impatient if you stand around too long no matter how much coin you drop). She's got all kinds of things on that wheel and she likes to mix it up too from what I'm told. Most times you don't get squat, other times it's a turnip or some worthless gag. Occasionally there is something nifty but not much use other than to post in your scrapbook to say 'Hey! lookit I got!.' Still she's come across some useful trinkets from her other job she likes to put up to entice folks to spin, things what like you might find in the shops-- armour, weapons, trinkets, or potions-- nothing too fancy but sometimes it's worth swappin' out for what you already got, even then, you can try and sell it at a shop (though it probably floated through their doors already so they won't give much) or flush it down a toilet. Then there is the occasional 'spin again spots' to keep up the excitement. Of course, rumor has it that she has put up some epic stuff on that wheel, what she was given by some suitor or sponsor I suppose, and that's what makes the wheel worth trying. My friend even said she used to put 'shroomies up for a prize but that led to some problems so not sure if she still does that.

Still, if she is around and is looking to set up a regular gig you might want to look her up. Get rid of that shell-game huckster and make the gambling a bit more entertaining and change the tone of the tavern while at it.

Dorian "I don't get any kickbacks" Grimmson
The Following User Says Thank You to Dorian Grimmson For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (09-12-2015)
Old 09-14-2015, 01:50 AM
Truffle Shuffler

"Spin the wheel lady", I like it Dorian. A past post had someting similar. If they put it in, I hope it will go something like this...

Once a day you can pay X (X is based on your level) and X is substantial. Since you can win normal items in multiple daily missions or hall attacks, epics with shrooms (flipping shops). What unique things can they offer that we would be willing to spend X on daily? When you finally get that item, you say, "WOW" ! And, it won't give you too big of an advantage? But a good return on the daily money you are spending in the hope of getting something.

One thing is an ultra-rare "Token of Refreshment", It goes to your back pack. Place it on your equipped weapon for example, it goes from

Strength 313
Constitution 313
Luck 313

to 355 x 3 permanently now instead, pretty good for your level 245 character, nice!

Or place it on your picture and your character gains 2 levels for 24 hours. Give your demon two days of beatings, it won't soon forget. Or save it for that upcoming dungeon raid. Or, your PoEL is about to run out? *boop*, refreshed.

or

One of my past gear suggestions, the ultra-rare - "Artifact Weapon". Second time talking about them, so they have a better description. You would either get ; Shake's, "Sword of Razor Steadiness", Fidget's, "Wand of Flaming Fire" or Kunigunde's "Flower Bow of Much Pain". Very hard to get. If you do, it goes to your back pack. It is an "ego" weapon, so when you equip it, your other weapon disappears and does not go to your back pack. (sorry, part of the cost). If you put your normal weapon in your back pack before equipping the "Artifact Weapon", *boop* it still goes away. If you don't have another weapon on you, then it can not be equipped. Look "Artifact Weapon" is in quotation marks and both words are capitalized, it is powerful!!!

As a level 245 fighter, you would get a warrior weapon that is +20 (what an average level 265 would have). One example is, I found a 265 with a epic weapon [damage ?-? 665 / strength 665].
Did I mention it is a single battle use item? You won't be getting them often, but what a nice punch it will pack when you do. Use it wisely.