Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Help & Questions > Character Advice

Notices

Character Advice Need help building your avatar? You've come to the right place.

Old 05-30-2011, 11:36 AM
Adventurer

What effect? I'm sorry, but I really didn't see any connection between your detecting values for Rage and claiming it forced certain optimizations for other classes.

So YOU do the math and show ME what you are trying to prove. I'm not ding your job for you.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I already did. At 5k str vs 1150 defending str, the damage increase per round was observed to be 34.7%. At 4000 str vs 1150 defending str, the damage increase per round was observed to be 26.1%. As this is a COMPOUNDING effect and not an additive one, the results are obvious.

This is a large chunk of both arena as well as dungeon calculations. You've already gone against one of the very well known principles in this game claiming mages do dungeons faster. I've yet to see a single mage complete dungeon 120 prior to level 250. I've seen scouts do it at level 230. I've seen warriors finish by level 245 or so as well. As far as arenas go, it is all about allocation.

And glancing at S1 in DE, I've seen 1 warrior at 5/4. 6900 vs 5100 potted = 6300/4500 = about 1.4 to 1, closer to 3/2 or 4/3. As far as the furthest along in dungeons, even potted, remains over 2 to 1 8300 str vs 3800 con. And if you look at the one who is furthest up the rankings at a lower level (10 levels under and still at 122 dungeons complete, swingli), you'll see.... wait for it..... 1.65 to 1 str to con.

The math isn't made up, eyeballed, or expected to be just accepted at, "hey I'm a high level person, and I say 5/4 is best". They are pretty well accepted, understood, und keine secret von Alle.

Last edited by xodidumdum; 05-30-2011 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added info
Old 05-30-2011, 11:49 AM
Supreme Adventurer

Here is something for both of you to think about. Damage is a range. With the % changes you are talking about, one round of high damage followed by a round of low damage is going to appear as a much lower increase.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:52 AM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xodidumdum View Post
I already did. At 5k str vs 1150 defending str, the damage increase per round was observed to be 34.7%. At 4000 str vs 1150 defending str, the damage increase per round was observed to be 26.1%. As this is a COMPOUNDING effect and not an additive one, the results are obvious.
Which doesn't lead to any conclusion because that effect is the same regardless of class.

I'm not denying your numbers: I'm denying that your numbers force changes on one class vs. another.

Bb, since some weapons have tight ranges in damage, you can eliminate that effect in testing by having two opponents with tight damage ranges. That removes the effect of the Random Number Generator. Takes some work, but it can be done. Since damage scales to level, it's harder for me to find a 1150-1160 weapon than a L30 finding a 100-100, but that tiny 1% deviation can be ignored most of the time.
Old 05-30-2011, 12:01 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Bullbound, I understand this, and that's why these measurement were taken over 15000+ data points, and not eyeballing it. And when the testing was done, it was a weapon with pretty low range (like a 180-220) type weapon. Even with that limited range, it still required a tremendous amount of input to get results that were above 97% via f-test modelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charista View Post
Which doesn't lead to any conclusion because that effect is the same regardless of class.

I'm not denying your numbers: I'm denying that your numbers force changes on one class vs. another.

Bb, since some weapons have tight ranges in damage, you can eliminate that effect in testing by having two opponents with tight damage ranges. That removes the effect of the Random Number Generator. Takes some work, but it can be done. Since damage scales to level, it's harder for me to find a 1150-1160 weapon than a L30 finding a 100-100, but that tiny 1% deviation can be ignored most of the time.
Charista, that is why we had so many data points. We did not have a weapon that was THAT tight. It was within 15% or so top to bottom on damage, but still required a tremendous amount of testing (about 800 battles total against the same opponent) to get output that was statistically significant and provable.

Last edited by xodidumdum; 05-30-2011 at 12:04 PM.
Old 05-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Adventurer

Like I said, fine, you got data. You figured out something about the Rage effect under certain conditions. I'm not questioning your data.

I'm questioning your conclusions.

You're making bold statements about the math, BUT YOU'RE NOT SHOWING ME THE MATH AND I'M NOT DOING IT FOR YOU.

I have done the math to prove my point, and you have done no math to counter that effort. Do the math to prove your case and disprove mine, or we're done here.
Old 05-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Mushroom Collector

and BOOM goes the dynamite!
Old 07-16-2011, 04:45 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Stats

What do you think about these base stats please?

Level 39 Warrior
Str: 340
Dex: 204
Int: 204
Con: 272
Luck: 245
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Hello everyone,

I appreciate this thread.. and ive found out that for warrior u need to have st and con as the best and then luck.. int and dex are probably not much of use, right?

so.. when choosing items.. i have an option of getting one of st or con.. so which is best??? i mean should i get the ones with the st or con if i dont get one with both??

i need advice on the above.. is st better than con or is it vice versa?
Old 08-14-2012, 01:19 PM
Adventurer

My quick 2 pennies:

STR > CON, but only to a point. You need a good amount of CON to fight scouts and mages.

Avoid doubles. Much better to go for one +STR item and one +CON item than two +STR/CONs.