Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you like that new feature?
Yes, I do 21 46.67%
No, it is really bad 13 28.89%
yes, but it should be up for a shorter period 8 17.78%
Don't care, I don't buy beers 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-22-2011, 05:24 PM
Blacksmith

Thankee for that succinct and simple analysis and prognostic, Charista.

So...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToscanToss View Post
Yes, we like it too, for what it's worth - but those who do not, a final word: it will not break the game or its balancing, after all! I guarantee that! (But don't ask me for a refund. )
(Now, back to our scheduled programming: let the bitterly painful wailing resume... )

[edit] Incidentally: I noticed I've been doing less questing as well, possibly (I do not keep thrack of the number of mushrooms I spend, nor the number of quests, so I must estimate) - there is an even simpler, more essential reason than the fact I'm not able to skip a single quest timer: the removal itself of the limit...

I no longer am compelled by that imposed daily limit to 'fulfil my daily quota.' As simple as that. So I've become more lax in my attitude towards 'quest-cramming.'

Forge right ahead, compulsive crammers, I am cool as a cucumber, and fine with it. (Cos it's kinda chilly in here. We're not talking about 'seedless' cucumbers... ) Just don't get any ideas of supremacy in your heads. Or do, that could work... overconfidence...

Last edited by ToscanToss; 09-22-2011 at 05:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ToscanToss For This Useful Post:
Lord Arse (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 05:28 PM

waaaaaaaaaa!

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-22-2011, 06:56 PM
Sheep

Octoberfest can kiss my .....................................
This feature is a huge benefit for the unemployed and the people who can play all day, whether at home/work or school.

How bout the people that are gone to work for 12-14 hours per day?
Not only is Octoberfest completely biased towards the people who can play ALL DAY LONG, but the ones who can't.....CAN'T EVEN SKIP FREAKIN QUESTS!!!!

Yet the Bot, which is something every single player could do, is deemed unfair.
Seems like the opposite to me.

When was "common" removed from common sense?
Old 09-22-2011, 07:01 PM

i am one of those workers that work 12-14 hours aday and i amfine with it even on days i dont work i can only done maybe 100-200 more thirst on those days. which at lvl 100 and over isnt going to make too much of a difference.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-22-2011, 07:16 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
i am one of those workers that work 12-14 hours aday and i amfine with it even on days i dont work i can only done maybe 100-200 more thirst on those days. which at lvl 100 and over isnt going to make too much of a difference.
I'm NOT fine with it! I Damm near always doo 300 thirst, even if I have to skip quests. Now I don't even have that option.

The fact that someone thought this was a good idea, is freakin scary
Old 09-22-2011, 07:23 PM

nothing to be scared about at higher lvls it might make a couple of lvl difference for the lower lvls yes it does make more of a difference. but like i said i am fine with it but it would of been better if it wasnt so long maybe the weekends only. but it will make no difference now so all everyone is doin by crying about it is telling the devs that hey we complain that there is nothing new in the game and when they do something new we still cry that they did something new.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 09-22-2011, 07:28 PM
Sheep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
nothing to be scared about at higher lvls it might make a couple of lvl difference for the lower lvls yes it does make more of a difference. but like i said i am fine with it but it would of been better if it wasnt so long maybe the weekends only. but it will make no difference now so all everyone is doin by crying about it is telling the devs that hey we complain that there is nothing new in the game and when they do something new we still cry that they did something new.
Interesting. When did voicing your opinion become crying? And on how it affects higher levels? You're 100% wrong
Old 09-22-2011, 08:05 PM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallen View Post
Octoberfest can kiss my .....................................
This feature is a huge benefit for the unemployed and the people who can play all day, whether at home/work or school.

How bout the people that are gone to work for 12-14 hours per day?
Not only is Octoberfest completely biased towards the people who can play ALL DAY LONG, but the ones who can't.....CAN'T EVEN SKIP FREAKIN QUESTS!!!!

Yet the Bot, which is something every single player could do, is deemed unfair.
Seems like the opposite to me.

When was "common" removed from common sense?
You crave common sense?

You want to skip quests when there is an unlimited amount of them?!
And you'd call that common sense?
Do you want to see level 1,000 characters in two weeks time, or what?!?

Well, here's another sliver of common sense: since when does any activity not favour those that can devote to it the greatest amount of time?!

Think! Not just games! Any activity!

Playing the violin, for instance... Well, you're doing well - carry on, don't mind us, it's a heartrending tune.

You work 12 hours a day? (Hmm... Seems most people here do...) I too often pull 14-17 hours a day working... What an unfair world!!!

Well, yes, I can do this on the side (though often I ignore the ending of a quest, and it might take me half hour's worth of delay before I reset and pick another - not watching this thing like a hungry hawk)...
Oh, what a lucky man I am, right?... Meh... Give me a break... (No, I mean it: I need a break!!! )

Sometimes I'd rather sleep all day...

Or do something else...

And did you not read the above at all?... In the end, this two-week fest will barely amount to a blip on the screen... Yes, a handful of people will gain a handful of extra levels - well, take a handful of chill pills: you'll survive that grave injustice! They won't gain fifty levels on you...

This whole thing is a storm in a teacup.

Saying you don't like it is one thing - predicting calamity, unfairness, bias, favouritism, broken gameplay and balance... What! For two measly weeks and a few levels gained?!...

Seriously: it won't amount to that much in the end. That's the thing to keep in mind.

Am I out of line here? Am I out of order, Your Honour?
Am I out of my mind thinking the outrage outweighs the outcome?

Now don't misread this post: of course you have a right to your opinion!

We have a right to call it crying. It is not an insult! You do have a right to cry! (Cry tears, foul, whatever. And I suppose you'll think or say now I can kiss your ..................................... as well. Well, I'm sure I can, but I won't, if it's all the same to you. Or even if it's not - find someone else to do it. )

(Oh, also: the end of the world is scheduled for next year, not this year's Oktoberfest. )
bobo baggins (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:23 PM
Mushroom Collector

First of all, ToscanToss, you're not nearly as funny or insightful as your posts show you obviously think of yourself as being.

That said, I agree more with Mallen that this is a move that favors people with a ton of free time and those that do NOT spend money on the game.

You want to argue my previous statement because you feel this benefits shroomers, right? WRONG!!!!! So unbelievably wrong, it is ridiculous.

I am a HUGE SHROOMER. I spend $100 a month on this game. I hate myself for it, but I do. But do you know what most shroomers do? They burn through about 50 shrooms a day skipping through their entire 300 thirst and then they go to the magic shop to find two XXX potions. That is the typical day of a mass shroomer. On a good day, I spend no more than 15 minutes playing S&F. 15 MINUTES!!!!!!!

What does Oktoberfest do? Since I can't use shrooms to use up my thirst, I sit here and use about 100 thirst a day and the devs lose the 30-40 shrooms I burn daily to use my daily allotment of thirst.

What SHOULD Oktoberfest have been?

Oktoberfest should have been an ADD ON that went beyond the typical 300 thirst you can burn through. If you want to go past 300 thirst on any day in Oktoberfest, THEN you lose the skip button.

There's absolutely no reason that free players should enjoy the same benefits of those that pay. The only reason this game still exists is because of PAYING PLAYERS. FREE RIDERS don't keep the servers running. They don't put food on the devs' tables or clothes on their backs. And they don't get to complain about the unfairness of shroomers. PERIOD.

Last edited by CaptMorganNU; 09-22-2011 at 09:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptMorganNU For This Useful Post:
blackhatnot (09-22-2011)
Old 09-22-2011, 09:30 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Several good points have been raised. Some people work a lot of hours and don't have the time to play. To them, the ability to skip quests is viewed as essential, by them, in order to enjoy the game. To others that wait for the quests usually, it is business as usual with the added benefit of being able to play for longer. There are free and paying customers in both groups. Personally, I don't skip quests and often wait. To make up for those days where I can't use full thirst or 200 or 300 thirst, the unlimited is great on those days that I can play longer. Instead of moaning about how you can't play the full time every day, what about those days where you can play more than 100 minutes?

I do like the idea of having a blend of skip quests and unlimited thirst, as that doesn't take away from either group. The question becomes, can the programmers pull it off?