Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-22-2010, 01:31 PM
Mushroom Collector

Default "Lock" Items in Shop

I dont know if this has been suggested, but I'm sure Bullbound will tell me if it was ( lol, jk Bull, you know I love you).

Basically when an item you want/need presents itself in the shops, you should be able to "lock" that item so that you can continue cycling through the shop without loosing that item. "Locked" items would not be loss to reset either.

Good idea??
Old 05-22-2010, 01:40 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Send a message via Skype™ to Justin Ninja

I don't see anything wrong with the idea. I actually like it keep good ideas coming.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:55 PM
Supreme Adventurer

With the exception of the Potions of Eternal Life, this would prevent you from getting one or more items that are scaled to your level, as the old "locked" item would be scaled to the level when you first found it. If it could be implemented, I don't see how this could be a problem. The trade-off for "locking" an item would be the loss of that slot in the shop and the fact that it stays scaled to a lower level. If it could be implemented with insurance against the changing of scale, I can see this being great.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:17 PM
Wannabe Griffin

Bad idea, just another way to try and make the game easier. The challenge by not being able to lock items is you either need to try and hold coin or work / do enough missions to buy what you want while you can before the shop resets.

I really dislike suggestions that imply we should make the game easier to win/succeed.

Suggestions need to be about things that make the game work right (like fixing bugs, etc) and that makes it more fun (like adding more features, like the dungeons for Guild idea) but there should always be a very high challenge or the game would be easy and get boring a lot faster. Being a very active player will benefit you and give you a better chance at succeeding (not to include the benefits of shroom buyers).
Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Adventurer

Add my vote to the "dislike" pile. Sorry Signal, but I think this would do nothing but make the game easier than it already is for mushroom users.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here
Old 05-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Sheep

Vote: Dislike
On the surface it does seem like a good idea, but it does seem to give way too much advantage to the 'shroomers.
Old 05-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Adventurer

Actually, the way I interpret it is as an advantage to non-shroomers... which would throw my vote equally into the dislike pile anyway.

By "locking" an item, it is like you are putting it on layaway. For players that don't buy shrooms, this keeps shroom items floating around until they find a sufficient number of shrooms. For all items, this is an advantage if one is still on city guard mode trying to pull a 10 hour shift and buy/bank nothing but premium items.

I suppose my greatest ire against this is that it promotes players to be passive city guardians rather than active questers/arena gladiators for the coin necessary to buck up. This is especially true of the turtle twinkers that I'm sure all of us are... very fond of.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:04 PM
Wannabe Griffin

i like this idea, i wanted to suggest something like this but thought that everyone would say no to it. This doesnt only benefit shroom players, its benefits all. Why not allow the locking of an item, as it is scaled to the level you are that day, it would be disadvantage to let that slot go to waste, but at the same time it allows people to save up to buy it, say like an eternal life potion or an epic or a good weapon.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:19 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDude2 View Post
Actually, the way I interpret it is as an advantage to non-shroomers... which would throw my vote equally into the dislike pile anyway.

By "locking" an item, it is like you are putting it on layaway. For players that don't buy shrooms, this keeps shroom items floating around until they find a sufficient number of shrooms. For all items, this is an advantage if one is still on city guard mode trying to pull a 10 hour shift and buy/bank nothing but premium items.

I suppose my greatest ire against this is that it promotes players to be passive city guardians rather than active questers/arena gladiators for the coin necessary to buck up. This is especially true of the turtle twinkers that I'm sure all of us are... very fond of.
What the heck is a turtle twinker and how does keeping an item scaled to (often) a lower level help you when better items are often found on quests and in dungeons unless it is a potion, which would also be scaled (often) to a lower level?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malechi View Post
Vote: Dislike
On the surface it does seem like a good idea, but it does seem to give way too much advantage to the 'shroomers.
How?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaidah View Post
Add my vote to the "dislike" pile. Sorry Signal, but I think this would do nothing but make the game easier than it already is for mushroom users.
Maybe it is just me, but I don't see anything about mushrooms in the suggestion.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:53 PM
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal 20 View Post
Basically when an item you want/need presents itself in the shops, you should be able to "lock" that item so that you can continue cycling through the shop without loosing that item. "Locked" items would not be loss to reset either.
Hence the reference to mushrooms.

"The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt." - Bertrand Russell
Read the Shakes & Fidget comics translated into English!
Sprechen sie Deutsche? New German comics here