Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 01-15-2016, 05:11 PM
Blacksmith

Default Quiver and Magic Book

There are very few Warriors nowadays on the servers. In a few ways Warriors seem worse then other classes. Putting class balance aside I would like to concentrate on the Shield item.

Warriors are the only ones that have an additional item in the form of a Shield.
You might think - cool, an additional item! However that's not the case. Shield + weapon give as much power as a wand or a bow / crossbow.

So Warrior has to actually find an additional item to equip and suffer during shop rerolls (especially on the hunt for epics).

So I would like to suggest to create shield like items for the rest of the gang. Mages could easily go with Magic Books or other power sources and Scouts could get Quivers.

People would probably not be that happy, so maybe we could ease the pain with a socket in this item or even two sockets?

I think that would be a good first step in making Warriors go back into play.
The Following User Says Thank You to Arturu For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (01-16-2016)
Old 01-21-2016, 08:35 AM
Sheep

Interesting... I have never crunched numbers or counted beans to understand game mechanics and haven't personally noticed much imbalance between classes but it sure sounds like a neat idea. Not sure about sockets for gems on these items though. I vote yea.
Dorian "I hear you, brother" Grimmson
Old 01-21-2016, 11:12 AM
Community Manager

Thanks for your thoughts!

Shakes & Fidget Community Manager
leander@playa-support.com

Like and follow us on Facebook and Twitter
Old 01-21-2016, 02:24 PM

Well that would be interesting but tbh a warriors shield is not the reason most ppl don't pick warriors. I play on 3 servers 2 of them I have warriors. on the 3rd I have a scout. I have played mages in the past on other servers so I have a good idea where each classes strengths and weaknesses are.

Scouts strength is clearing solo dungeons they tend to be able to clear them in most cases about 10 level earlier if not more then warriors and about 5-10 lvls b4 mages. weakness because of the same reason they can clear dungeons faster which is the massive crits. is also their weakness can go from massive high dmg 1 time and next time cant fight their way out of a wet paper bag.

Mages strength high base dmg and other classes cant avoid getting hit which means no matter what mages always does dmg other 2 classes cant say that. weakness very low HP if a mage cant kill quickly they will most likely be the one that dies.

now to the reason this thread is here.
Warriors strength massive HP put at least 4 mages together and you still wouldn't come close to the HP of a warrior. will out last most players in arena if they have a very good weapon for their level.
weakness and this is why I believe most ppl don't pick warriors. They are the worst at solo dungeons, demon portal(player and guild) and also tend to have some issues with guild dungeons depending on where they are in the order to attack and what class mob they end up facing. Also at higher lvl dungeon the mobs are almost all warrior class which most know trying to beat same class mob it tends to take longer to beat them.

so there goes part of the reason rest is most ppl use dungeons as a measuring stick on how well they are building their toon compared to others. so when you see all these mages and scouts the same level or lower then you having cleared 3-5+ dungeon floors then you makes u kinda rethink why you picked a warrior.

Sorry about being long winded but was best way for me to explain why most ppl imo don't pick warrior class. I tend to pick warriors cause that was the class to pick if you wanted a tough character to play now a days other classes have taken over not just here in s+f.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 01-21-2016, 07:40 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I had a player that was going to quit on s8 because he was a warrior and couldn't get past those last tower levels and dungeons.

Luckily the shadow world came out (gained levels) and the gem mine changed (so he could fill the slots on his items), and it made a huge difference and he was able to move forward, hence, not quitting. Now, please realize, this player was level 367 - and still having a lot of problems as a warrior.

I think the biggest thing I hear is how WEAK the attacks are for warriors.

Yet, I know someone on s1 - a warrior that my husband plays with - and he took out the boss on dungeon 48 or 49 entirely by himself, along with the over half the monster before the boss. I believe at the time he was in the 360s for a level. We were all talking about it for days

I've never played a warrior, so I can't say from personal experience, but those were things I have heard for the last 4 years

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 01-25-2016, 01:10 PM
Blacksmith

Alright, we can also talk about class balance.

The biggest problem with Warrior is player knowledge.
Most players out there, when they hit the "spend 10 million per point" wall usually invest mostly in their main stat.

This works quite well for Mages and Scouts but terribly for Warriors.
Warriors get a ton of HP with Constitution and have the highest Armor.
Good Warrior needs high Constitiution and many just ignore it.

GENERAL CLASS BALANCE
Scout used to be the best class because of the luck factor. When you attacked a mob in a dungeon sooner or later you manged to Evade enough hits and get enough Crits so that the Scout would win.

However now with the introduction of Portal fights Mage has once again came back as the best class, simple because of it's most consistent damage output.

Fighting as Scout with another Scout in Portal is the most disgusting thing to look at. Sure, you can sometimes take 20% of his life. But after that three days in a row get 1%, 2% or 5%. It's just awful.