Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 10-27-2016, 10:53 AM
Blacksmith

Default About merging servers

So.. this discussion has been going on for ages and since there's no update today I would like to get back to it for a moment with a (maybe) different proposal on this topic. Although it's possible someone came up with similar thing.

For this example the assumption is we wish to merge s1 and s2 only. I will explain everything in steps, and hopefully it will make it more understandable.

CLEARING AT LEAST SOME OF DEAD CHARS.
We set that merging will take place in 6 months from now and Playa sends (each month) information on this to everyone.

After six months we start deleting chars that haven't been played at all since the announcement:
- chars lvl <50 are deleted automatically
- chars lvl lets say <150 that haven't bought a single shroom are also deleted automatically

MERGING SERVERS
We move remaining chars to one database and thus create server "m1". However we create (in a way) two and a half halls of fame for it.

We get:
- Hall of fame (server - s1 or s2)
- Hall of fame (global / fixed global - both for m1)

SERVER HALL OF FAME
Is named "Hall of Fame s1" or "Hall of Fame s2" depending on where your char came from. That means that each character will see only one of those. This will be HoF identical to that you had on your original server.

GLOBAL HALL OF FAME
Will have two seperate lists that are right next to one another and are displayed at the same time.

The left one will be normal global list with all the chars and all their honor points. Sure people from s1 will definitely be at the top. However right next to it is:

The Fixed Hall of Fame in which each char's honor is divided by the number of days the server existed.

FEW THINGS TO KEEP IN MIND

1) The method of dividing honor by the number of days server existed. Might not be best. It should be tested but it should be possible to solve this in a reasonable way.

2) Of course after the merge honor points in all Halls of Fame should be aquired normally moving forward.

3) Hall of Fame for Guilds will be broken. There's no real way to stop this, since people can change guilds anyway. Sorry about that.

4) Hope all of this makes sense and I didn't make it overly complicated.
Old 10-27-2016, 12:51 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I'm only ok with this if ...

Combining S1-S10

(Level of Character / Number of Days since server start) Number of Days since s1 start

Therefore if you have a level 100 character on a later server that only started 4 years ago, and s1 started 6 years ago, you'd divide 100/4 = 25 then * 6 = Level 150

Same with all attributes and anything that accumulates over time

other than that, no dice from me
Old 10-27-2016, 05:12 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I want every penny that I spent between the servers reverted to the M server.

That's over 45K shrooms just from one server I want credited.

See why this doesn't work?

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 10-27-2016, 07:39 PM

I see a lot of issues with what is proposed new code would have to be added and I don't think it would be just little bit either. would need code to show which server u were on. then code for the different HoF's. then they need to figure out how to start honor for the global HoF's.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 10-28-2016, 11:46 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by MedusasSnakes View Post
I want every penny that I spent between the servers reverted to the M server.

That's over 45K shrooms just from one server I want credited.

See why this doesn't work?
I am really interested in this. What makes you feel so cheated with these changes?
If you were first on s2 for example you still would be first on s2.
Old 10-28-2016, 04:34 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
I am really interested in this. What makes you feel so cheated with these changes?
If you were first on s2 for example you still would be first on s2.
You want to merge this server with that server. I've paid money on both servers to play. One of the characters has to be deleted in order to merge the two servers as multiple accounts are not allowed.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 10-29-2016, 02:08 PM
Blacksmith

They would have to allow people to have multiple chars on one server, which by the way should have been done long time ago on country servers.

As for merging itself. I don't care that much about it, but a lot of people would like that since older servers become more and more empty with each passing year.
Old 11-08-2016, 01:19 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Just want to bump this one. Old servers can get another breath of fresh air if Playa can merge old realms.
Old 11-08-2016, 02:13 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupostalgu View Post
Just want to bump this one. Old servers can get another breath of fresh air if Playa can merge old realms.
Absolutely, as long as I can get a refund of the mushrooms I spent. Had I known servers would be merged, I would never play on different servers.
The Following User Says Thank You to BMWGuinness For This Useful Post:
MedusasSnakes (11-09-2016)
Old 11-08-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gupostalgu View Post
I can understand where ppl want more activity and for most games the best way is to merge servers.. I have found on those other games when they merge servers is that within a couple months the activity is back to where it was before the server merger.

This is a very old topic that gets re-hashed ever few months or so for since I first started playing abt 5-6 years ago. Back then it was said Playa doesn't have things set up to where server mergers are possible. As BMW said I would want some kind of refund for what I paid for for the same reason BMW gave.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz