Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 11-08-2016, 09:52 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Losses by players are always present in any long-term project that whant to get some renewal (only TESO and Evolve on my mind right now).

Now I see why Playa won't merge realms and players on the old one will enjoy their <200(300?) active ppl population.

I am pretty sure Playa can give ppl like you a year-long-dragon-mount as a compensation or a golden nameplate or any kind of some random stuff. But you won't be satisfied anyway, right? Just interesting what kind of refund you are expecting and what can satisfy such players?
Old 11-09-2016, 02:07 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Well...in ToS (you agree with every time you log in) is stated that they can do pretty much anything they want with the game and your account without stating a reason. So demanding any kind of compensation would be without chance in my opinion.

I'd be very happy if servers merged...activity on my server is miserable. And I don't really see the problem with owning multiple accounts on "one bigger server" if Halls of fame etc. were separated like Arturu said.
Old 11-10-2016, 03:43 PM
Mushroom Collector

I can see both sides for and against merging the servers but what I think we need more than that is a purge of inactive accounts.

I know that people say they are useful for scrapbooking but I honestly do not see many people starting brand new on the oldest servers.

for example I play on S1.

looking at the hall of fame there are 397319 accounts listed. the problem is 99% of those do not play anymore

the best metric I have been able to think of for determining active accounts is the pet hall of fame. It was just recently introduced so it should show a good indication of active players. If I look at the pet hall of fame there is only 1364 people with a honor ranking above 0. Now I guess there could be a few stragglers that are actually playing at under level 75 but I highly doubt there would be that many so lets say a total of 1400 players on the server.

as surmised this only 0.35% of the total population that is still playing.

What I would propose is that they run a scan on the server to see how long it has been since the account has been logged in. If it is over a year than delete the account. Lets face it if they have not logged into the game in over a year than they are not likely ever going to come back.

One caveat is if they have spent money on the game the account is flagged and not deleted. This allows the chance for those who have spent money to always have the account.

Once the server is brought down to a unrecoverable competitive level (500 accounts? 800 accounts? etc) than maybe look at the possibility of merging those few accounts into the next server of appropriate age (S2 in this case)
Old 11-10-2016, 04:29 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by okk View Post
I can see both sides for and against merging the servers but what I think we need more than that is a purge of inactive accounts.

I know that people say they are useful for scrapbooking but I honestly do not see many people starting brand new on the oldest servers.

for example I play on S1.

looking at the hall of fame there are 397319 accounts listed. the problem is 99% of those do not play anymore

the best metric I have been able to think of for determining active accounts is the pet hall of fame. It was just recently introduced so it should show a good indication of active players. If I look at the pet hall of fame there is only 1364 people with a honor ranking above 0. Now I guess there could be a few stragglers that are actually playing at under level 75 but I highly doubt there would be that many so lets say a total of 1400 players on the server.

as surmised this only 0.35% of the total population that is still playing.

What I would propose is that they run a scan on the server to see how long it has been since the account has been logged in. If it is over a year than delete the account. Lets face it if they have not logged into the game in over a year than they are not likely ever going to come back.

One caveat is if they have spent money on the game the account is flagged and not deleted. This allows the chance for those who have spent money to always have the account.

Once the server is brought down to a unrecoverable competitive level (500 accounts? 800 accounts? etc) than maybe look at the possibility of merging those few accounts into the next server of appropriate age (S2 in this case)
I'd say, if the player is inactive for 3 months, and not part of an active guild, their account could be "hidden" meaning its hidden from others, but as soon as they log back in, its no longer hidden. This way there isn't a purge of the accounts, just a filter based on inactivity.
Old 11-11-2016, 05:32 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by okk View Post
I'm not asking this to be a jerk or anything, but are you a guild leader? I ask because you would know this isn't exactly right.

"Hello Med how are you been very long time without playing, I'm thinking in coming back I'll decide in this days hehe say hi to everyone for me "

I just got this mail in the past week. This person has been inactive for close to 2 years, I would say. This person, that I'm aware of, never bought shrooms. Now he's coming back to play.

I currently have 3 others in my guild who rejoined the game after Playa apparently sent out mails to inactives and tried to lure them back with the new content.

Yeah, it's only 4 people, not 400, but over the course of the past approximately 5 years, I have gotten mails like the one above, not often, but maybe 35-40 times.

I know of another person who had quit, got the mail about the W1 server opening, started playing there, was having fun, and decided to start playing his character that he had abandoned on another server.

People do return to the game. Not in massive amounts, but they do return.

Behind every crazy woman is a man who made her that way! *AMEN!*
Old 11-11-2016, 12:04 PM
Blacksmith

ABOUT RETURNING PLAYERS

Yeah, that can be a thing. That is why I proposed at the beginning to get rid of chars with level < 150 (and only in case of merging).

Playing through 150 first levels is easy enough on established server with all the bonuses to Guilds. So you might aswell start fresh.

DIFFERENT TAKE ON MERGING
I saw the arguments you guys presented and thought about it some more. So here's another proposal.

1) We merge all the US servers together (after getting rid of all the abandoned low level chars).
2) We still make seperate server Halls of Fame, as described in the first post.

Here we have to make a specific distinction. World servers have a ton of players and server has it's limits. So I assume it's impossible to allow for one person to have multiple chars on one world server.
However here it would be allowed. Not only that it could even be recommended, because all your chars could help out one another in some way.

BASIC IDEA FOR HELPING
From the top of my head - medals would be reworked to give larger bonuses and would stack. Meaning each medal on a new char would give it's stat bonus to all your chars.
Another idea - each one of your characters gives 10% of it's stats to your other characters.
So char nr 1 gets additional 10% of all stats chars nr 2 and 3 have (and so on).

These bonuses should probably not work on arena. Also they are very basic, I am sure Playa could think of something.

There, so what do you think? Would that make you not ask for refund?
Old 11-11-2016, 07:02 PM

Lol I understand why this subject wont die but as I and others have said Playa WONT and I repeat WONT merge servers for many reasons one is they don't have the ability with current setup to do so. Another reason is they know if they could even merge servers they would have to get rid of the multi account rule from their ToS and that wont happen as well which I for 1 like that rule. Also those that have toons on all the servers in a merger wouldn't be happy. I know I wouldn't after spending all the time and money on my toons to have them on 1 server would get me mad enough I think I would quit and I am sure there are others who think the same way.

Imo this is a dead subject as everyone is just repeating themselves lets keep it that way.

oh btw I know if I had a lvl 50+ toon and the devs deleted it just because I stopped playing for awhile I wouldn't start a new toon on that game.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
Old 11-11-2016, 09:24 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Did someone answer how it would affect Terms of Service for combining 10 US servers and therefore having 10 accounts on the same merged server?

How big will guilds be, 500 members?
Old 11-12-2016, 03:43 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Lol I understand why this subject wont die but as I and others have said Playa WONT and I repeat WONT merge servers for many reasons one is they don't have the ability with current setup to do so. Another reason is they know if they could even merge servers they would have to get rid of the multi account rule from their ToS and that wont happen as well which I for 1 like that rule. Also those that have toons on all the servers in a merger wouldn't be happy. I know I wouldn't after spending all the time and money on my toons to have them on 1 server would get me mad enough I think I would quit and I am sure there are others who think the same way.

Imo this is a dead subject as everyone is just repeating themselves lets keep it that way.

oh btw I know if I had a lvl 50+ toon and the devs deleted it just because I stopped playing for awhile I wouldn't start a new toon on that game.
What makes you think this subject is dead? There actually is "official" (initiated by german stuff) discussion about this on german forum.

http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=75208

I don't speak german very good and I don't have the time to google translate 25-paged topic so I don't know if they came to a conclusion or what points are discussed...but it looks like the subject isn't dead.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerond View Post
What makes you think this subject is dead? There actually is "official" (initiated by german stuff) discussion about this on german forum.

http://forum.sfgame.de/showthread.php?t=75208

I don't speak german very good and I don't have the time to google translate 25-paged topic so I don't know if they came to a conclusion or what points are discussed...but it looks like the subject isn't dead.
I read this thread it is not the first time by Playa they have asked the GERMAN FORUM COMMUNITY about possible server merges the first time it was a poll and discussion thread over a year ago which ended up no where and from what I see of the current one it will most likely go the same way. Why you may ask. Because if they were serious about it other then just getting a feel o what part of the player base wants then they would ask all CoMa's to post a thread asking about server mergers. So yeah till then I say the subject is dead cause other then 1 thread on a forum that is not this one means it will go no where hence a dead subject.

Edit: Only seen a couple posts from actual game staff and the last one in that thread was over a month ago. Just in case anyone tries to say that those with red names are gamestaff they are not red names are CoMa KO771 or mods Hollie is only game staff that posted/started the thread and her last post was at the end of Sept.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 11-12-2016 at 02:15 PM.