Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Guild Section > Server 2 > Small Talk

Notices

Small Talk Events, congratulations, announcements...

Old 08-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Thieves officer - account hacked

Hope this is the right place for this thread.

I just wanted folks to know that we just had an officer's account hacked (or so I'm told) which resulted in all our non-officers getting booted from the guild.

My hope is that some of these folks may travel across this message board and understand that none of this was intentional and that they all are welcome back. Having said that, quite a few invites were fired back out but of course; in my old age, can't seem to recall everyone's name that's missing (no disrepect intended!). If for some reason you didn't get the invite sent, please message me in game and I'll get that fix immediately (elk88).

For the time being - I'm going to demote the account we're having troubles with until such time it can be sorted out.

elk

Last edited by elk; 08-03-2011 at 08:08 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 08:32 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

Has the "hacked" officer contacted the support line?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:51 AM
Truffle Shuffler

Unsure if they have or not as I don't have personal/RL contact with the member. I hope they do when the find out they can't log in (I'm also hoping they make a temp toon to get on and contact the guild directly for some input).

I sent a message already to support regarding the matter to see if they will look into it for suspicious behaviour. If it doesn't appear to be, then we've asked for appropriate action to be taken.

This unfortunately has taken us from 43 members down to 23 members. I did note that the 'toon' left to another guild and that guild seemed to gobble up at least 2 other members of ours. I will hope/assume this is just coincidence.

edit: I've been in touch with the guild leader of the other group this toon hopped to and they genuinely seemed shocked and concerned. The leader indicated the invites were initiated by the players themselves to join that guild and that they will do some in-house investigation to see if they can help clear up the matter.

Hopefully together we can weed out the bad apples here!

elk

Last edited by elk; 08-03-2011 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-03-2011, 01:18 PM
Stable Boy

Location: I have made a home among the rocks and caves a short distance outside the gates of town.

Sorry to hear about your drama. I was curious what was going on when I saw you guys had attacked the guild in the top rank. I was looking over your guild yesterday and I was puzzled by why you had two pages of officers and no regular members. This explains it.

How you all get back on your feet and can start climbing the ladder again soon.
Old 08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abbi View Post
Sorry to hear about your drama. I was curious what was going on when I saw you guys had attacked the guild in the top rank. I was looking over your guild yesterday and I was puzzled by why you had two pages of officers and no regular members. This explains it.

How you all get back on your feet and can start climbing the ladder again soon.
Yeah - sort of humerous to log in and see someone has posted a battle for us against REAL and we've got no lvl 200+ toons and 20+ members have been dropped. Good times. Just only a small portion of the fun we've experienced over the past day or so. Hopefully we can track down a lot of the missing folks and pull them back in. If not, we'll have to start the recruiting process all over again

elk