Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Game & Support > Suggestions

Notices

Old 05-17-2016, 09:12 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post

THE PAUSE BUTTON
Although sometimes I have similar problems with defenses and too much resources I am against a pause button.

Fortress is all about cut-throat.
It's not supposed to be comfortable.

And nobody was forced to participate.
I have a friend in guild. He's at the bottom of rankings, he has terrible army with almost no upgrades and is currently at Fortress lvl 14.
He's only interested in getting exp, item slots and gems from the Fortress.
Cut-throat is not a problem with me. Boredom is. When it takes a week to upgrade a single structure and there isn't a whole lot that you can do in the mean time it is BOOOOOR-----ING!

Remember back to the beginning when you couldn't even mine and build at the same time? It made the fortress a fury of activity for the first week or so, then tedium.

Just like the dungeons. What's the point of attacking a dungeon every hour when the jump between level 98 and level 99 is such that you have to train 320 minutes a day for months to beat a single level. Finally, they wised up and added the shadow dungeons to add several months of interest to the advanced players.
Old 05-17-2016, 09:24 PM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGuinness View Post
I tell you what, Non-Shroomers are more dedicated than Shroomers. I don't think I'd have the patience to play 320 actual minutes of questing a day! I usually average 50 shrooms a day for my gameplay
I assume that is just for your game play, not for the fortress. Every 24 hours skipped is 144 mushrooms. How much have you skipped in construction? 6 months? That's around 26,000 mushrooms.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:04 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiny norman View Post
I assume that is just for your game play, not for the fortress. Every 24 hours skipped is 144 mushrooms. How much have you skipped in construction? 6 months? That's around 26,000 mushrooms.
There are 7 buildings that have 20 levels
Just to go from Level 19 to Level 20 is 15 days

So there's 3.5 months just to go from 19 to 20

So, I've skipped way more than 6 months
Old 05-18-2016, 07:55 AM
Blacksmith

Quote:
Cut-throat is not a problem with me. Boredom is. When it takes a week to upgrade a single structure and there isn't a whole lot that you can do in the mean time it is BOOOOOR-----ING!
That's true. I proposed on this forum a while ago that we need more ways to speed up build times.

For me the most disappointing thing about Pets update is the fact that it's not a Fortress update. If they wish to make any changes with the fortress the longer they wait the worse things will get.
Because the players that invested most shrooms in the Fortress will be the ones that got screwed (totally not looking at you BMWGuinness!).
Old 05-18-2016, 08:06 AM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturu View Post
That's true. I proposed on this forum a while ago that we need more ways to speed up build times.

For me the most disappointing thing about Pets update is the fact that it's not a Fortress update. If they wish to make any changes with the fortress the longer they wait the worse things will get.
Because the players that invested most shrooms in the Fortress will be the ones that got screwed (totally not looking at you BMWGuinness!).
I don't have a problem with alternative ways to speed up build times as long as I'm reimbursed the mushrooms I originally spent to speed up the build times. The reimbursement should be commensurate to the advantage of the alternative.

Think of it like this ... you just spent $1000 on a laptop and a month later, a coupon comes out to save $250 off the same laptop. Wouldn't you like to be able to take advantage of that $250 coupon as a refund?
Old 05-18-2016, 03:27 PM

Quote:
I don't have a problem with alternative ways to speed up build times as long as I'm reimbursed the mushrooms I originally spent to speed up the build times. The reimbursement should be commensurate to the advantage of the alternative.

Think of it like this ... you just spent $1000 on a laptop and a month later, a coupon comes out to save $250 off the same laptop. Wouldn't you like to be able to take advantage of that $250 coupon as a refund?
Well from my experience in other games what is being proposed happens all the time. make a new part of the game hard to complete but have a way to speed it up with money. after most if not all the spending is done then make it easier to finish it or get said item/s quicker for free and or cheaper. No compensation was ever given as it is part of how online gaming has gone. kinda like getting a new iPhone you pay 600 bucks a month or 2 later the newer model comes out and the one you just bought has a 300 dollar price drop. you had the choice to pay what you paid to have it right away or you could have waited till the new model came out and saved money.

Yes Playa hasn't ever done that before but who is to say they don't start doing so now.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz

Last edited by bobo baggins; 05-18-2016 at 06:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
spiny norman (05-18-2016)
Old 05-18-2016, 03:56 PM
Fidget's Griffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
Well from my experience in other games what is being proposed happens all the time. make a new part of the game hard to complete but have a way to speed it up with money. after most if not all the spending is done then make it easier to finish it or get said item/s quicker for free and or cheaper. No compensation was ever given as it is part of how online gaming has gone. kinda like getting a new iPhone you pay 600 bucks a month or 2 later the newer model comes out and the one you just bought has a 300 dollar price drop. you had the choice to pay what you paid to have it right away or you could have waited till the new model came out and saved money.

Yes Playa hasn't ever done that before but who is to say don't start doing so now.
In that case, we'd need an all new Fortress If I knew Fortress v2 was coming out in 2 months, I wouldn't pay money for Fortress v1
Old 05-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Crusader

Quote:
In that case, we'd need an all new Fortress If I knew Fortress v2 was coming out in 2 months, I wouldn't pay money for Fortress v1
Yeah, but Playa is under no obligation to announce their future plans.

I think the safest mode of action is to assume that Playa doesn't owe you anything. They can change any rules any way they want at any time.

Playa switches from 3 mushrooms per video to 1/10th of a spin per video? Too bad. They double the XP per quest, so people can reach 300 in half the time it took you? It's their game. They can do what they want. They decide to cut the price of mushrooms in half just after you bought $100 worth? Life is tough. Don't expect a refund.
The Following User Says Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
Gerond (05-19-2016)
Old 05-19-2016, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but Playa is under no obligation to announce their future plans.

I think the safest mode of action is to assume that Playa doesn't owe you anything. They can change any rules any way they want at any time.

Playa switches from 3 mushrooms per video to 1/10th of a spin per video? Too bad. They double the XP per quest, so people can reach 300 in half the time it took you? It's their game. They can do what they want. They decide to cut the price of mushrooms in half just after you bought $100 worth? Life is tough. Don't expect a refund.
I re-read the ToS and yeah it is about the same as I have read form other games Playa can do pretty much what they want with no notice. Will they; most likely not as it is hard to have a profitable game if you make the player based made enough to all quit.

s3 s10 bobo baggins
s4 drittz
The Following User Says Thank You to bobo baggins For This Useful Post:
Xs3roN (05-20-2016)
Old 05-22-2016, 07:21 AM
Crusader

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobo baggins View Post
I re-read the ToS and yeah it is about the same as I have read form other games Playa can do pretty much what they want with no notice. Will they; most likely not as it is hard to have a profitable game if you make the player based made enough to all quit.
Obviously. And BMG seems to be spending more money here than the rest of us combined, so he may be keeping the game afloat single handedly.

That being said, I think it is a safe assumption that things will be cheaper in the future. If you are willing to wait 2 years you will be able to buy that $600 iphone 6 from Apple for $300 and on ebay used for $100. Apple isn't going to refund you difference. So if Playa puts game items on sale so that it costs, say, half as much to upgrade your fortress tomorrow than it did today, don't expect your money back.