Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard  

Go Back   Shakes & Fidget - The Game - Supportboard > Board Archives > Archive Game & Support

Notices

Old 05-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Truffle Shuffler

Default Mushroom Catapult

Using the search, I did find a thread addressing my exact issue, but since it appears that nothing was ever done about it I'm asking again. Every time my guild has used the catapult, all three mushrooms have hit within the first 6 members of our opponents, and sometimes on the same toon twice. You can see how in a 50 person guild battle, this is completely useless.

The other thread stated that there is a roll of the imaginary dice before each confrontation determining whether the catapult launches that turn or not. If this is the case, based on what I have seen, the chance of rolling a 'hit' must be somewhere in the 50% range to have them all used up so quickly. Someone else said it's just bad luck for them to go at the beginning, which is incorrect. It is the opposite. It would be EXTREME good luck for them to hit anywhere beyond the first 10 opponents.

The best advice I saw for fixing this is for 3 random opponents to be selected at the beginning of the battle giving equal chance that anyone on the opposing side could be hit. The current method leaves almost zero chance that a high level player gets it. Since the roll happens when there is any change in who is fighting, not just when an opponent dies, it makes the odds even worse. Was there ever anything suggested to the dev's about this, and if so, was there any response from them?
Old 05-06-2012, 02:53 PM
Blacksmith

i agree completely. i have used the catapult in at least 25 times. donating 15 mushrooms each time and it has NEVER hit anyone but the first couple toons. so that is at least 75 giant mushrooms catapulted. i am positive that is a low estimate but since i did not count every time i did it i am going to use it. botomline the catapult ALWAYS hits low members.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:54 PM
Fidget's Griffin

I concur, I have never seen the mushroom catapult launch later in the attack, worthless if you ask me.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:58 PM
Blacksmith

the only time it has been very useful is battling the guild hun on server 3 because they only have 4 members.
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player,
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
And then is heard no more. It is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.
The Following User Says Thank You to ralff For This Useful Post:
DominicS (05-06-2012)
Old 05-06-2012, 03:02 PM
Truffle Shuffler

My guild stopped using the catapult long ago because of this very reason. When you're in the top-10 guilds, hitting the lower-level people with mushrooms doesn't affect the outcome of the battle at all.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 PM
Supreme Adventurer

Holding Bay uses the catapult regularly, and we have seen it hit folks as late as about 20th on the roster of attackers and/or attacked, but this does not happen often. We are fortunate that someone donated a LOT of mushrooms to us, so we can do this. While it does predominantly hit folks earlier in the fight, we have seen it get towards the middle. As for it hitting folks twice, we haven't seen that for a looong time. If it calculates at the start of each fight with 1 vs B followed by 2 vs B being considered two different and unrelated fights, then having it hit B twice is not impossible and we must be lucky to have seen it only hit B once.
Old 05-07-2012, 06:56 AM
Blacksmith

Send a message via ICQ to polopoloyuuu

The programmers made an unfixed mistake of 'rolling' on each character as it sees them instead of choosing three people randomly who are taking part (which would give you a higher chance of hitting the higher level people).

They did this because they haven't found an easy solution to the following issue: what if they did randomly choose three people, but your guild was so weak that you didn't even get to attacking all three?

On one hand, the customer would say, 'well, just don't use the catapult' but on the other hand, Playa wants as many mushrooms to be used as possible, so that would be a waste of capital if all loaded mushrooms weren't shot off during battle.

tl;dr
It is in Playa's interest to have the catapult shoot the low level players asap.
The Following User Says Thank You to polopoloyuuu For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 07:43 AM
Assassin

Send a message via ICQ to iTZKooPA Send a message via AIM to iTZKooPA

I've expressed this sentiment to Playa and continue to beat the drum. Sheerly from a gameplay perspective, the current implementation isn't all that interesting.
The Following User Says Thank You to iTZKooPA For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (05-07-2012)
Old 05-07-2012, 08:09 AM
Truffle Shuffler

I would be willing to risk losing the the mushrooms loaded if there was a chance higher level foes could be hit. If the fight doesn't go far enough to use the mushrooms, it would be my fault for not properly estimating how the battle will go.

I assumed the purpose of the catapult was it could make a difference if you are equal or just below another guild. They should either make some adjustments or find another use for extra guild mushrooms.
The Following User Says Thank You to Malkin For This Useful Post:
iTZKooPA (05-07-2012)
Old 09-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Crusader

we were just attacked by a guild with only 11 members clicked in, so it seemed to be the ideal opportunity to try the catapult again.

the problem is this: we have 9 members under level 50, and their lowest level attacker was level 129. The mushrooms launched on the first, 4th, and 9th battles, suggesting that the probability of a mushroom launching in a battle is 1 out of 3. Because the other guild was in the process of 1-hitting our low level players, this resulted in 2 mushrooms launching against their lowest ranked player (killing him) and one launching against the second lowest, who was level 145. Essentially pointless. Nothing left against the 6 raiders--over half their attacking force--over level 200.

If playa wants people to spend money on the catapult, they need to remove the hair trigger from this piece of junk. Which could probably be done by modifying a single line of code.

Let me know if they do. Unless we get attacked by a 3 man guild, I'm not wasting any more mushrooms.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to spiny norman For This Useful Post:
bobo baggins (09-07-2012), Leander (09-07-2012)